Stefanie Eris, What’s In Your Yoga Bag?
Subscribe to Outside+ now to get unique access to all of our content, including sequences, instructor tips, video lessons, and much more.
Practice outdoors in New York City’sBryant Parkthis summer, with Stephanie Eris and other famous instructors curated by Yoga Journal.
Exhale’s national yoga director shares her 10 must-haves, including anything from her morning smoothie to her favorite geeky podcast to listen to. ALSO CONSIDERED Kristen Kemp is a writer who lives in New York City. What Do You Keep in Your Yoga Bag?
Juice Press Vital Force
Using handmade almond milk, bananas, pineapple, filtered water, soaked cashews, lime, dates, maca, probiotics, and sea salt, Eris’ go-to breakfast smoothie by Juice Press is a nutritious and delicious treat. “It’s quite rewarding, but it’s also light enough for me to practice and teach,” she adds of the experience. “Probiotics aid in the digestion and absorption of nutrients,” says the author. $7,juicepress.com CHECK OUT ALSONicki Doane, What Do You Keep in Your Yoga Bag?
Aveda Chakra 5 Mist
Using handmade almond milk, bananas, pineapple, filtered water, soaked cashews, lime, dates, maca, probiotics, and sea salt, Eris’ go-to breakfast smoothie by Juice Press is a delicious and nutritious treat. The material is “very fulfilling,” she adds, “yet it’s light enough that I can practice and teach with it.” “Probiotics aid in the digestion and absorption of nutrients,” said the researcher. $7,juicepress.com CONSIDER ALSONicki Doane, for example. Who Has a Yoga Bag? What Do You Carry?
Soma System Double Trackers
Eris uses twin trackers from the Soma System to assist her release tension that has built up along her spine, from the sacrum all the way up to the base of the head. According to her, “massage and self-care are crucial.” “With these products, it’s simple to take care of oneself without having to spend a lot of money on a professional massage.” $25,somasystem.com SEE ALSOSelf-Massage: Boost Your Immune System for more information.
Silver and Sage Tiger’s Eye Mala
According to Eris, her Silver and Sage mala beads with tiger’s eye beads are seldom removed from her wrist. During her morning practice, she utilizes them as a meditation aid, and then she wears them throughout the day to keep her intention clear in mind. $108,silverandsagejewelry ALSO CONSIDERED I’m new to Mala Beads; what are they and how do I use them?
Mama Kuka Yogasphere Yoga Strap Loops
According to Eris, “my Silver and Sage tiger’s eye mala beads are rarely taken off my wrist.” During her morning practice, she utilizes them as a meditation aid, and she then wears them throughout the day to keep her intention clear in mind. $108,silverandsagejewelry ALSO READ In this article, I will explain what Mala Beads are as well as how they are utilized.
Spiritual Gangster Tanks
Spiritual Gangster tanks are silky, comfy, and lightweight, which makes them Eris’ favorite clothing to wear when doing yoga or meditation. When Eris is in the classroom, she likes to have an additional tank with her so she may change between courses if required. “Their new lightweight rib high-neck top is really gorgeous!” $34,spiritualgangster.com CHECK OUT ALSOPaige Held, What Do You Keep in Your Yoga Bag?
iPhone Podcast App
The podcast app on my iPhone is essential for me as I go across the city from studio to studio. “I’m a major history and politics buff, so the podcast app on my iPhone is essential,” Eris explains. Her favorite podcasts are Dan Carlin’s “Hardcore History” and Sam Sedar’s “The Majority Report,” both of which she listens to regularly. The author explains: “Yes, I’m a yogi who enjoys learning about the fall of the Roman empire and the tribes of the Eurasian Steppe, as well as how these peoples and civilizations formed the world in which we live today.” iTunes is required for download.
SEE ALSOSianna Sherman, What’s in Your Yoga Bag? for more information.
How 30 Days of Yoga Gave Me The Best Skin of My Life
I also couldn’t have guessed how much my beauty regimen would alter in only thirty days. Perhaps my newfound mental peace, the hours spent sweating and learning to breathe through tension, have all contributed to a more accepting attitude toward my own unique beauty. Now, I have a greater appreciation for my physical power. My limbs, the softness of my waist, the contours of my breasts and hips, and the overall shape of my body are all beautiful. Every time I look in the mirror, the woman who appears in front of me feels loved, deserving of respect, and capable of turning things around.
She’s very stunning.
Passersby and acquaintances have remarked on how radiant my complexion appears to be these days.
According to Dendy Engelman, M.D., Director of Dermatologic Surgery and Laser Medicine at Metropolitan Hospital and dermatologist at Manhattan DermatologyCosmetic Surgery, “Yoga causes vasodilation (enlargement of the blood vessels), which leads to increased blood flow to the skin, providing it with more oxygen and nutrients, lending itself to a cutaneous flushing or ‘glow.'” Yoga also aids in the digestion of food and the elimination of toxins from the body.
- “Toxins that are not eliminated from the body are frequently stored in adipose fat tissue and the skin, causing acne, discolouration, and premature aging.” In a nutshell?
- Your skin will be grateful to you!” There is one caveat, according to Dr.
- However, although the health benefits are undeniable, I’d like to believe that showing up for myself on a daily basis (a practice that continues as I’m halfway through a 90-day yoga challenge) has a ripple effect throughout my whole body.
- Yoga has opened my eyes to a whole new perspective on my own unique beauty in this world.
- Your body, mind, and spirit — not to mention your skin — will all reward you for your generosity.
Best Stretches for Desk Jockeys (Plus, Free Exhale Classes Today!)
Throughout the day today, in honor of National Yoga Month, Exhale Spas around the country will be delivering free yoga courses as a part of their regular programming. If it’s too late to make it to a class or you’re not close enough to one, Exhale’s Stefanie Eris, national director of yoga, has offered several basic poses you can practice anywhere – even from your desk at work. According to Eris, “sitting at a desk all day, like so many of us do, is actually bad for your health.” In order to combat that sedentary lifestyle, when you spend hours bent over in front of a screen, scarcely moving, you need to discover methods to get more movement into your day.
- This activity, like any other form of exercise, causes the production of endorphins, which makes you feel healthier, happier, and more open and free for the rest of the day.
- “If you think about the curvature of a back bend, it’s the polar opposite of what you’ll be doing all day at your desk,” Eris explains.
- Later in the afternoon, do the Seated Spinal Twist.
- Twist your body to the left, utilizing the arm that is pressing on the desk to provide leverage and to assist you in sinking further into the twist while you take a deep breath.
- Evening: Legs Against the Wall After a hard day on your feet (you did spend some time walking today, didn’t you?) and hips, you’ll want to relax your muscles.
- As Eris explains, “elevating the feet is fantastic for circulation after a long day in heels or sitting cross-legged, or even just sitting in general.” “This luxury stance helps to calm your mind and is the perfect cure to a frantic day in the contemporary world,” says the instructor.
- (You may also discover additional free Yoga Month activities on this page!) Sites that may be of interest: Sit Less and Lose Weight, Gain Energy!
While you’re at it, whittle away! Slim down while on the job. The Easiest Way to Lose 2 Pounds a Week – Follow SELF on Facebook and Twitter for daily fitness advice. Download SELF on your iPad and Kindle Fire!
Testimonials — stefanie eris yoga
Alexandra “The most cheerful, loving vibe emanates from Stefanie, and she takes that enthusiasm to every class she attends. She constantly sequences her classes differently and adequately for the diverse students in the class. There are no two classes that are alike! Also, she is wonderful if you have any injuries or concerns, and she is thoughtful in reminding you throughout class how to change a posture if necessary. The music and the flow of the lesson are really appealing to me. She has the ideal blend of energetic and relaxing energy to ensure that your yoga session is the most enjoyable experience possible.
- I just participated in a retreat at Suryalila in Spain, which was led by Stefanie.
- The location itself was a slice of paradise.
- A diverse group of people from various walks of life participated in the retreat, ranging from beginners to expert practitioners, some of whom were also yoga instructors.
- Yoga instructor Stefanie knows exactly what will work for everyone and how to include additional elements to challenge more advanced yogis.
- The pupils are in good shape, have been finessed, and are prepared for a challenging and well-rounded course.
- Stefanie’s Laughing Lotus training exposes the pupils to the dance-like energy that permeates her sequencing and causes the room to move as a result.
- A thoughtful and well-paced workshop that encourages students to go deeper into the postures and their practice is presented in this session.
A fantastic soundtrack, some Thai massage-like adjustments, and the UES’s “women who lunch” allow us to relax, reconnect with old friends and meet new ones, all while pretending that we are practicing in Brooklyn.
The trust that exists between you and your pupils is apparent, as is the beauty of your connection with them.
Tamara Thank you for a wonderful class this morning, which you provided again again.
Thank you for that.
as well as everything that yoga has to offer us to take care of THIS NOW, to put your faith in yourself ” Be kind with yourself during your practice.
Follow the flow of the river and have trust in its direction.
It will locate the grooves, fissures, and crevices in the surface.
Never allow it to escape your eyes.
I was once asked who my favorite instructor is at a particular spin class in New York City, and I couldn’t say.
And in all of my training, I had yet to meet someone who was capable of competing at that level with me.
I knew she was someone unique from the moment I first met her.
Don’t even get me started on Yin Yoga in general and how it should be required for anybody who engages in physical activity.
As for Stefanie, if RYB would allow it, I would award her a rating of 5000 stars on the Personal Attention scale.
That’s the beauty of Yin yoga!
She travels around the room, working with each and every individual in the class on their stretch position on a constant basis.
I’m not exaggerating when I say that every hour class appears to have lasted only 5 minutes to date.
Overall, whether you are doing Barry’s, CrossFit, AS1, Soul, Fly, or running outside, or working out at Equinox or Crunch, you must include Yin in your routine.
Even while you could potentially do your stretching at home, you’d be missing out on an absolutely fantastic hour with Ms. Stefanie Eris if you did. THE MOST EXCELLENT!
#exhalespa – Chi Organic Girls
Alexandra “The most cheerful, warm energy emanates from Stefanie, and she takes this energy to every class she attends. In every lesson she teaches, the sequence is tailored to the specific needs of each individual student. There are no two classes that are the same. As a bonus, she is wonderful if you have any injuries or difficulties, and she is considerate enough to remind you throughout class how to modify a position. I particularly enjoy the way the lesson is structured and the music playing.
- Upon leaving, you will feel relaxed, but you will also feel hot and challenged.
- Vacation and experience were both absolutely fantastic.
- Throughout the week, Stefanie meticulously arranged the lessons we attended twice a day, as well as the subjects we were studying.
- No one, I believe, felt left out or that they were not sufficiently challenged.
- Iris is a superb teacher who has a genuine concern for her pupils’ well-being and educational experience.” Thus describes the experience of doing yoga on Manhattan’s upper east side.
- Stefanie Eris, the National Director of Teacher Training at Exhale Spa, is the best possible teacher for them.
- When it comes to breathwork, she matches this with intense attention and concentration, which brings us all together in our thoughts and energies.
That this class is so full is understandable.
Crackle crackle crackle crackle Sarah This was made possible by your hands-on attitude and the flowing nature of the process.
I had a fantastic time throughout my visit.
You never cease to remind me of why I practice and why I like yoga.
You and all of your knowledge sprang to mind when I read this quote.
Instead of a thundering cascade, think of the procedure as a clear silvery stream.
That stream will meander here and there, meandering here and trickling there.
Don’t think about it, just do it!
It’ll get you where you want to go.” According to my yoga practice, the “stream” has carried me exactly where I needed to go:) Review your burn anonymously and give it a score We have no idea where to begin with this review since she is absolutely MAGICAL!
The majority of the time, I respond with two or three instructors, but I ALWAYS begin by stating that I have to leave out one instructor since it is simply not fair to compare anybody to her.
I met Stefanie a few days later.
This is something we’ll discuss later.
Everybody in the room works out differently, has various challenges, aches, and so forth.
Stefanie is not the type of student who will simply yell out commands for a stretch position and walk away from it.
If something is uncomfortable, she will make it comfortable for the person in question.
“WTF, that was an hour!” I’m always thinking.
Even while you could potentially do your stretching at home, you’d be missing out on an absolutely fantastic hour with Ms. Stefanie Eris if you did so. MY FAVORITE!
1.Cupid’s Undie Run – Chicago
Alexandra “Stefanie has the most contagious, pleasant energy, which she carries with her to every session. All of her classes are arranged in a unique and appropriate manner for the students in the class. There are no two classes alike! Also, she is wonderful if you have any injuries or concerns, and she is thoughtful in reminding you throughout class how to change a position if you need to. I particularly enjoy the flow of the lesson and the music. She has the ideal combination of energetic and calming energy to ensure that your yoga session is a positive and relaxing experience.
- I just participated in a retreat in Suryalila, Spain, which was led by Stefanie.
- The location itself was a haven of peace and tranquility.
- A diverse group of people from various walks of life participated in the retreat, ranging from beginners to expert practitioners, some of whom were also yoga teachers.
- Yoga instructor Stefanie knows exactly what will work for everyone and how to incorporate additional elements to challenge more experienced yogis.
- The pupils are in good shape, have been finessed, and are ready for a challenging and well-rounded course.
- Stefanie’s Laughing Lotus training exposes the pupils to the dance-like energy that permeates her sequencing and causes the room to move.
- A well-paced, intellectual session that pushes individuals to go deeper into the postures and their practice.
A fantastic soundtrack, some Thai massage-like adjustments, and the UES’s “women who lunch” allow us to relax, reconnect with old friends and make new ones, all while pretending that we are practicing in Brooklyn.
The trust that exists between you and your pupils is apparent, and the bond between you and your students is amazing.
Tamara Thank you so much for another wonderful lesson this morning.
This statement made me think of you and all of your knowledge.
to take care of NOW, to put your faith in yourself ” Maintain a gentle approach to your practice.
Follow the flow of the river and place your trust in its direction.
It will locate the grooves, the fractures, and the crevices in your furniture.
Never allow it out of your sight at any point.
We have no idea where to begin with this evaluation since she is absolutely MAGICAL.
I normally respond with two or three instructors, but I always begin by stating that I have to leave out one instructor since it is simply not fair to compare anybody else to her.
Then I met Stefanie, who became my friend.
This will have to wait till another time.
Every everyone in the room works out differently, has various ailments, aches, and so on.
Stefanie is not the type of student who will just yell out commands for a stretch position and walk away.
If something is uncomfortable, she will make it comfy.
“WTF, that was an hour!” I usually think.
Even while you could potentially do your stretching at home, you’d be missing out on one absolutely fantastic hour with Ms. Stefanie Eris if you did. THE BEST OF THE BEST!
2.Barre+Bubbles+Beautycounter @ Dailey Method Bucktown
Natural beauty products, barre classes, and bubble baths help you to focus on self-love. Get in a Saturday morning barre class, and then hang around with Dailey Method for Bubbles + Beautycounter on the following Saturday, February 13th from 8am-12pm. Win a fantastic gift basket full withBeautycountergoodies at the studio by participating in the raffle. Bubbles and a beauty counter are included in the class fee for members or are included in the class fee for non-members.
3.OPEN HEARTS: BACKBENDS, CHOCOLATECHAMPAGNE
Date and time: February 13th, 12:30 pm–3:00 pm Yoga Six South Loop is a studio in the South Loop neighborhood of Chicago. The price is $35. (FREE for members) Yoga Six Program Manager and teacher Jenna Reddington takes us through a breakdown of back bends, including ideal alignment, well-known postures, as well as more in-depth variants. Relax after savasana with a glass of champagne and some chocolate, which is wonderful for Valentine’s Day.
4.From Exhale, With Love
Exhale is putting up a romantic red carpet for Valentine’s Day with a variety of activities and events. Engage in Chill Yoga with your significant other, treat yourself to some mini-manicures, strengthen your core with a Core Fusion Extreme session, and become fashionable with Trunk Club! Public participation and first-come, first-served policies apply to all activities.
Are you prepared to paint the town PINK? Dress in bright pink on Saturday, February 13th at Siena Tavern to raise money and cheer for a great cause. Take advantage of the brunch specials at Siena Tavern, which are available from 11am – 1pm every day of the week. We’ll pamper you and your Galentine with top-notch hair and makeup services to get you ready for your Valentine’s Day plans! Bright Pink will benefit from the proceeds. You can purchase your ticket right here!
Too expensive?Walk your 10,000 steps and check out one of Chicago’s prolific museums for free with your V-Date.
Are you ready to make changes in your difficulty spots in the new year? We are excited to announce that exhale spa, one of Chicago’s most famous boutique fitness places, will be opening a new site in Evanston! . It’s simply a short walk or a short bus ride to Northwestern University. Continue reading this article
Free Core Fusion Classes on May 19 th!
Women’s Health Organization of the United Nations (WHO) Exhale’s Core Fusion is a fusion of the body and the mind. FusionFest is being held for the third year in a row by Women’s Healthmagazine and Exhale Spa. The event, which is open to the public, will include complimentary nighttime Core Fusion sessions, light nibbles, gift bags, prizes, DJs, and other activities at 18 exhale sites around the country. In connection with the FusionFest activities, Women’s Health magazine is launching its third annual “Next Fitness Star” competition (thenextfitnessstar.com) with the July/August edition of the magazine.
- The finalists will be in attendance at FusionFest in chosen locations to participate in the Core Fusion exercises and to provide health counseling to those in attendance.
- Exhale is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.
- Each class, which incorporates resistance such as weights, balls, bands, and your own body weight, keeps you burning calories long after the lesson has ended.
- WHEN: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 6:00 p.m.
- A FREE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION TO WHFIT CLUB will be given to anyone who participates in the complimentary FusionFest classes.
- RSVP: To reserve your complimentary Core Fusion class at FusionFest, please visit www.exhalespa.com/fusionfest.
- * Our Opinion: Attending a treatment at exhale spa provides the sensation of being whisked away on a tropical vacation.
You may treat yourself to freshly blended hot drinks before or after class to relax and unwind.
WHM is a pioneer in the fitness magazine market, and we appreciate their candid coverage of “taboo” women’s health themes as well as their up-to-date research on nutrition and training topics.
Come join us at Fusionfest on Tuesday, November 13th for a free fantastic exercise session and more!
An event for free will be held this coming Tuesday at Exhale SpaChicago, one of our favorite deluxe spa and exercise destinations.
In addition, at the party, the prestigious and well-known Women’s Health magazine will announce the winner of their ” Next Fitness Star ” competition, which will include guest star contestant, Emily Scrhomm.
You should definitely try an Exhale class if you haven’t already.
Participants in the complimentary FusionFest classes will also receive a one-month complimentary subscription to WH Fit Club (an online fitness center that provides access to the hottest, most sought-after workout studios, as well as exclusive workouts from Exhale cofounders Fred DeVito and Elisabeth Halfpapp, as well as Exhale’s National Yoga Director Stefanie Eris).
- Sign up here, have your sticky grip socks and cute training clothes ready, and we’ll meet you at the Barre studio!
- Scheduled classes are at 5:25pm, 5:45pm, 6:35pm, and 7:45pm.
- State Street, Chicago, IL 60610 Not only does September herald the beginning of a spectacular autumn season in Chicago, but it also serves as National Yoga Month.
- At alignyo.com, you may learn about the ten benefits of yoga.
- You may also take advantage of a one-week free trial at any of the partnering yoga studios — click here to discover one near you.
- Many other Chi Town Yoga establishments join in the celebration of National Yoga Month by offering specials and discounts.
Exhale is a high-end spa/yoga center that provides conventional yoga as well as barre and fusion programs in a luxurious setting. Exhale goes all out for visitors on NamasDay, offering small spa treatments, nutritious foods, and cutting-edge activities to celebrate the occasion.
NamasDay @ Exhale Spa
Women’s Health Organization of the United Nations (WHO). Core Fusion in Exhale FusionFest is being held for the third year in a row by Women’s Healthmagazine and Exhale Spa. WHY: It will include free nighttime Core Fusion sessions, light nibbles, gift bags and giveaways, as well as DJs and other entertainment at 18 exhale sites around the country. The event is open to the public. FusionFest events will be commemorated by the publication of the July/August edition of Women’s Health magazine, which will launch its third annual “Next Fitness Star” competition (thenextfitnessstar.com) in connection therewith.
- Participants in the Core Fusion exercises and health consultations with the finalists will be available to guests in select cities where FusionFest is held.
- For the ultimate full-body exercise, all sessions emphasize core strength.
- As you stretch and tone your body, and rejuvenate and refocus your mind, be prepared to sweat, shake, and melt away the fat away.
- WHERE:Exhale Chicago945 North State St., Chicago, IL 60610, United States PRICE:FREE!
- RSVP: Visit info.exhalespa.com/fusionfest to reserve your complimentary Core Fusion class at FusionFest.
- * What We Think: Our opinion is that The experience of visiting exhale spa is like to being transported to a tropical getaway.
- You may treat yourself to freshly blended hot drinks before or after class to pamper yourself.
WH Magazine is a pioneer in the fitness magazine business, and we appreciate its unapologetically positive portrayal of “taboo” women’s health issues and the latest research on diet and exercise.
Come join us at Fusionfest on Tuesday, September 12th for a free fantastic exercise session and more!
An event at Exhale SpaChicago, one of our favorite deluxe spa and exercise destinations, will be held for free on Tuesday, April 16.
Also taking place at this event will be the launch of the famous and well-known, Women’s Health magazine’s ” Next Fitness Star ” competition, which will include guest star contestant, Emily Scrhomm.
You should definitely try an Exhale class if you haven’t already.
Participants in the complimentary FusionFest classes will also receive a one-month complimentary subscription to WH Fit Club (an online fitness center that provides access to the hottest, most sought-after workout studios, as well as exclusive workouts from Exhale cofounders Fred DeVito and Elisabeth Halfpapp, as well as Exhale’s National Yoga Director Stefanie Eris.
Sign up here, have your sticky grip socks and cute training attire ready, and we’ll meet you at the Barre studio.
Scheduled class hours are 5:25pm, 5:45pm, 6:35pm, and 7:45pm.
As school and work resume their normal routines, yoga may help you reclaim the relaxed atmosphere of summertime in your life.
With a mission to motivate individuals to practice yoga and live a more balanced lifestyle, the Yoga Health Foundation is a prominent actor in this campaign.
We have signed up for tryBend Yoga Studio, which has recently relocated to a new location in West Town, and will be providing a complete relaxed report as soon as possible.
Exhale Spa’s NamasDay event has been on our must-attend list for the previous two years.
Traditional yoga, as well as barre and fusion courses, are available at Exhale, a high-end combination spa/studio. Guests may enjoy small spa treatments, nutritious foods, and cutting-edge workshops at Exhale on NamasDay, which is celebrated on April 14.
January Blues Giveaway
We’re bringing back a fan favorite from the past! For many years, we offered a January Blues Giveaway, but we haven’t done so in a number of years. After celebrating our ten-year blogging milestone, we felt it would be appropriate to bring back one of our most popular posts from the past. January is a particularly difficult month of the year. It’s the end of the Christmas season, and what better time to host a giveaway.
January Blues Giveaway
A fan favorite is returning to the lineup! While we used to hold a January Blues Giveaway every year, it has been some years since we last had one. After commemorating our tenth year of blogging, we felt it would be appropriate to bring back one of our most popular posts from the last year. A difficult month such as January can be challenging. It’s the conclusion of the Christmas season, and what better time to do a giveaway.