Fashion Designer Trina Turk’s 5 Yoga Essentials
Subscribe to Outside+ now to get unique access to all of our content, including sequences, instructor tips, video lessons, and much more. Trina Turk, the designer of women’s apparel, is no stranger to the yoga mat; she often attends sessions such as Pilates and barre. So it’s only natural that she’d incorporate her passion for movement into her clothes line this year, when she launched an athletic collection. In the words of the Los Angeles native, “everything we make is peppy and pleasant.” “If I’m not in the right frame of mind, it shows in the collections, so I strive to maintain my composure.
Turk believes that reusable water bottles are better for the environment than single-use plastic bottles. “I enjoy the form-follows-function simplicity of the basic aluminum container,” she says of Sigg’s Fabulous 0.6-liter bottle, which is one of her faves. $23, mysigg.com
Yoga socks are used by Turk to keep his feet from slipping on the mat. ToeSox’s Full Toe Low Rise Grip Socks are a great option. $15,toesox.com
Turk wears yoga socks to keep from slipping on the mat. For a more comfortable fit, choose the Full Toe Low Rise Grip Socks from ToeSox. $15,toesox.com
According to her, “women should have a variety of pairs of sunglasses,” including “nerdy, classic, enormous, and cateye styles.” Turk’s current go-to source is Karen Walker dresses in a manner similar to the Faithful. $250,karenwalker.com
Trina Turk’s Jet Set Jacquard Moto Jacket keeps her warm as she travels to and from the studio in the morning and evening. $154,trinaturk.com
Yoga Journal Newsletter
Traveling to and from the studio in Trina Turk’s Jet Set Jacquard Moto Jacket keeps her warm and stylish. $154,trinaturk.com
Fit, Fashionable Find: Trina Turk’s Recreation Collection
Trina Turk’s designs are among our favorites because they are modern, sunny, and oh-so-Palm Springs stylish. The good news is that Turk, who is based in California, has expanded her trademark prints from her ready-to-wear poolside to cocktail-hour silhouettes to sporty shorts, workout capris, tanks, and tops with the release of her first activewear collections for the Resort 2014 and Spring 2014 seasons. Turk’s activewear collections are available now. “Optimism is the cornerstone to our brand,” Turk says of her new fitness gear, and we can only guess that dressing in these duds will make us feel a whole lot more enthusiastic about our workouts as well.
Turk has compiled a list of her top options for us – have a look and then choose your favorite!
- “The Hype Mid-Length Legging in black, white, and citronStripe is a must-have piece for any wardrobe.” It has a great fit and is functional, and it brings a splash of color and fun to your activewear ensemble.”
- “I also love all of the pieces in our Modern Garden print, from the cross back tank and sport bra to ourmodern garden shorts, which have a contrasted chevron waistband.”
- “Add the Jet Set Jacquard legging to your regular rotation of basic staples.”
Shop the collection today, and perhaps the California-inspired designs will bring warmer weather to the East Coast!
Kafi Drexel is a fictional character created by author Kafi Drexel. OTHER LINKS TO CONSIDER:
- Three new golfing equipment upgrades are available
- Is there a pillow that shrinks your buttocks? Amazing Workout Tights We’d Love to Have
Trina Turk provided the image used in this post.
Trina Turk’s 5 Picks for Palm Springs
In December, we featured Trina Turk, a designer from Southern California, and her famous patterns in ourDesign Boomfeature. As Palm Springs prepares for its festival season (Coachella! Stagecoach! ), we reached out to Trina, who divides her time between the desert town and Los Angeles, for an insider’s guide to the city’s hidden gems. What’s the most odd source of inspiration you’ve discovered while visiting Palm Springs? The Palm Springs Modern Heritage Fund’s annual home tours, which take place in November, provide me with a great deal of inspiration.
- Observing how individuals choose to design their homes, their landscaping, their selections about what to update and what not to update, and their personal collections is an interesting way to spend a day.
- Albert Frey’s second home in Palm Springs is one of my favorites.
- Our summer collection was photographed there, and after spending some time in the area, it becomes clear how brilliant the room is despite its diminutive size, which we found to be true.
- Frey, including the spectacular winged roof petrol station—now known as the Visitors’ Center—on the north end of town, Palm Springs City Hall, and the building where our stores are housed.
- El Jefe is a Mexican restaurant and bar in the Saguaro that serves wonderful fresh Mexican meals and margaritas.
- On Fridays, after a long trip into town from L.A., we like to relax at the bar at Workshop, which is located in a wonderfully restored Spanish colonial renaissance building about a block east of our boutiques—if it’s warm, we like to sit in the courtyard.
- I’m guessing it’s the indoor/outdoor pool of the Elrod House, which was designed by John Lautner.
- Aside from that, I’m obsessed with the pool in the aforementioned Frey II house; it’s little but well formed.
- The Fontenelli is not a full-service hotel, but it is a 7-room facility that may be rented out for special parties and functions.
12 blue yoga pants to brighten your look
Are you looking for a pair of blue yoga pants?
A total of 12 distinct pairs of shoes have been chosen for you to choose from. They are constructed of a variety of materials and feature a variety of styles, but they all have one thing in common: they will brighten your overall appearance.
Beyond Yoga Essential Gathered Capri Leggings
Which of these blue yoga pants is your favorite out of the three pairs shown here?
Interested in more content like this? Get social with us:
HOW TO REMAIN IN CONNECTION WITH THE SEATTLE AREA YOGA COMMUNITY Subscribe to the Weekly Update from the Seattle Yoga Community and become a part of your Tribe. Originally published on June 16, 2015.
Editors’ Picks: Summer Fashion
White Python Sneakers by Essentiellesse, $380 (SculptHouse,sculpthouseboutique.com) Secondly, the Nina Multi Stripe One Piece, $152 (Crue, @cruenashville). 3.NASH Koozie, which costs $5 (e.Allen Boutique,eallenboutique.com) 4.Tata Harper Eye Cream ($115), and Tata Harper Illuminating Moisturizer ($126). (PoppyMonroe,poppyandmonroe.com) $89 for a pair of Johnnie O Sanibel Surf Shorts (Oak Hall,oakhall.com) Waterman Board Shorts from True Grit for $89.50. (Oak Hall) 7.Willa Ford earrings, which cost $70.
(Walgreens, multiple locations) 13.SolidStriped Elle Binkin in bronze, $75 for the top and $75 for the bottom (Crue) 14.Present me with your Mumu Artemis Blazer in Canary Yellow, $168.
(PoppyMonroe) $110 for a pair of Pistola Denim Winston High Rise Cutoffs (e.Allen Boutique) Twenty-first, the Vita LA Collective Bangin Blue Bra ($68).
(e.Allen Boutique) Twenty-fourth, APL Metallic Silver Techloom Phantom shoe ($185).
Last Call Designer Clothing, Shoes & Accessories Sale at Neiman Marcus
Cashmere for Neiman Marcus that is ACTIVE(3)AG Aidan by Aidan Mattox(23)Adriano Goldschmied(2)Adriano Goldschmied(2)Adriano Goldschmied(2)Adriano Goldschmied(2) Badgley Mischka Collection(9)Badgley Mischka Couture(34)Anthony Thomas Melillo(34)Austin Horn Collection(8)Badgley Mischka Couture(9) (1) CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC(25)Calvin Klein Collection(3)Calzaturificio Farfalla(1)Carmen by Carmen Marc Valvo(1)Castaner x Manolo Blahnik(1)Chiara Boni La Petite Robe(25)COR designed by Ultracor(1)Cupcakes and Cashmere(1)Cupcakes and Cashmere(1)Cupcakes and Cashmere(1)Cupcakes and Cashmere(1)Cupcakes and Cash (2) Dian Austin Couture is located in the heart of the city (16) The following brands are represented: Diane von Furstenberg(24), DL1961 Premium Denim(12), Fino Lino LinenLace(2), FrankEileen Tee Lab(1), God’s Masterful Children(2), Guanti Giglio Fiorentino(2), Isabella Collection by Kathy Fielder(1), John Varvatos Star USA(3), Jonathan Simkhai Collection(1), Jonathan Simkhai Standard(2), Judith Leiber Couture(1), Lafayette 148 New York(42 (20)Marie France Van Damme(1)McQ Alexander McQueen(6)Michael Kors Collection(66)MICHAEL Michael Kors(12)Mostly Heard, Rarely Seen(1)Neiman Marcus Cashmere Collection(53)Neiman Marcus Leather Collection(20)McQ Alexander McQueen(1)McQ Alexander McQueen(6)McQ Alexander McQueen(6)McQ Alexander McQueen(6)McQ Alexander McQueen(6) (5) Proenza Schouler’s White Label is a high-end fashion brand (1) Ralph Lauren Children’s Clothing (14) The Ralph Lauren Collection is a collection of clothing and accessories designed by Ralph Lauren (18) Ralph Lauren’s Purple Label is a high-end fashion label (1) Teri Jon is represented by Rickie Freeman (33) Romeo Juliet Couture is a fashion designer (1) Rotate Birger Christensen is a Danish author (11) SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED AS JACQUES (6) Neiman Marcus has hired a TSE (1) Jeans from Veronica Beard (26) Fashion House Versace Jeans Couture (7) Victoria Beckham is the daughter of Victoria Beckham (11) Designers who are among my favorites (0) XS, 0 and 2 (1687) S, 4, and 6 (1794) M, 8, and 10 (1768) L, 12, and 14 are the letters of the alphabet (1338) XL, 16, 18, and 20 (574) XXXL (twenty-four inches) (36) Petite XS, 0 and 2 sizes (22) Petite S (sizes 4, 6, and 8) (12) Petite M (sizes 8, 10) and Petite M (sizes 8 and 10) (17) Petite L (sizes 12 and 14) (18) Petite XL, sizes 16, 18, and 20.
(3) Plus one, fourteen, and sixteen (66) Plus two times, 18, and twenty (54) Plus three times, twenty-four times (41) One Size Fits All (4) Newborn(4) 0 to 3 months (9) (3) months (17), (6) months (17), (7) months (17), (8) months (23), and (12) months (23).
Items that can only be seen online We are presently unable to provide any results for this search. Change the city, state, zip code, or radius to see if it makes a difference. View the whole store’s inventory.