Eco-Friendly To-Go Containers
Customers’ takeout orders or leftovers can be packaged in biodegradable containers, which are environmentally beneficial alternatives to disposable containers. Designed to be green alternatives to more prevalent foam materials that are destructive to the environment, all of these environmentally friendly take-out containers are made of recyclable materials. These biodegradable containers, which are made from renewable resources such as sugarcane and recycled Kraft paper, are likely to reduce your company’s carbon footprint while also impressing clients who are concerned about the environment.
Our biodegradable food containers are also available in a variety of sizes to accommodate practically any amount of food.
Eco-friendly takeaway containers are provided by some of the most recognized and trustworthy name brands in the foodservice business, which you can learn more about by clicking here.
Consider browsing through our eco-friendly product categories such as compostable plastic flatware, bamboo tableware, and recycled plastic cups for even more possibilities.
Remember to look at the other fantastic things from Choice, Dart, Eco Choice, Bagcraft Papercon, Bare by Solo, Eco Products, and Fabri-Kal as well as the rest of the site.
Restaurant Waste Reduction On a weekly basis, it is estimated that a single full-service restaurant may generate more than 2,000 pounds of total discarded garbage. If this statistic alarms you, it may be time to investigate how your food company can recycle all of the trash it generates. Though the process of becoming an environmentally friendly restaurant may appear to be time-consuming and expensive, you’d be amazed at how simple it is and how much money you may save in the process. Follow the suggestions for a recycling program listed below to get your restaurant moving in a more environmentally friendly path.
- What types of materials may you recycle at your restaurant?
- Having determined what may be recycled, communicate with both your front and back of house workers to ensure that they are aware of how to properly dispose of recyclable materials.
- Any food particles left on recycled objects have the potential to contaminate and destroy the entire recycling batch, so it’s better to have them cleaned off before they’re picked up by the recycling company.
- While recyclable plastic products such as bottles, jars, and jugs exist, plastic bags and things made of Styrofoam are not frequently collected by recycling facilities since they are difficult to recycle into new material.
- While glass products can be recycled, it is vital to determine if they should be categorized by color before recycling them.
- How to Recycle Restaurant Food Waste Pre-consumer food waste comprises everything that is thrown away before food is delivered to visitors, such as rotting food that was not utilized, leftovers from the preparation process, or the packaging that your goods were packaged in before being used.
- Performing a food waste audit on your restaurant is essential before taking any actions to recycle pre- and post-consumer waste.
- While food waste may not appear to be hazardous to the environment at first glance, rotting fruits and vegetables release methane gas, which is a major contributor to global warming.
Instead of allowing your restaurant’s food to decompose in a landfill, try one of the numerous options for recycling it: Recycling Food Waste Before Consumption Prevent ordering additional produce by following these guidelines: It is not necessary to take advantage of a deal offered by your supplier in order to obtain additional food at a lower price unless your restaurant is in desperate need of it.
- Using this method, you can keep surplus food from rotting before it is ever utilized.
- Use day of the week stickers to help you remember: Items should be marked with stickers once they’ve been purchased or prepared so that you’ll know when they’re approaching their expiration date.
- Make full use of all of your ingredients’ components: Stalks of fruits and vegetables are frequently discarded because they are deemed unusable.
- A large number of animal parts are also discarded, despite the fact that they may be utilized to produce stock or delicacies such as porchetta and head cheese.
- Recycling Food Waste Resulting from Post-Consumer Consumption Provide take-out containers to your guests: Did you know that on average, guests leave roughly 17 percent of their meal on their plate?
- Make sure to order boxes that are the proper size; this will allow you to reduce the amount of trash generated by the containers.
- In order to begin composting, all you need is an aerated container for your biodegradable materials, as well as a sheltered place where the new soil may be shielded from the elements.
- Additional Environmentally Friendly Measures As previously stated, it is incredibly difficult to recycle Styrofoam products.
- Biodegradable or compostable items, for example, are excellent alternatives to single-use throwaway containers that are both environmentally friendly and recyclable.
- Don’t forget to include your guests in your recycling program by installing a recycling station, container, or can in the same location as your regular trash disposal area.
Whether you choose to participate in all of these recycling programs or just one of them, you will be helping to make the world a better place by being environmentally conscious. When it comes to trash management at your restaurant, always remember the ancient adage: “Reduce, reuse, recycle!”
12 Best Eco Friendly Food Storage Containers Reviewed & Compared 2022
Waste Management in the Restaurant Industry An estimated 2,000 pounds of total discarded garbage each week may be generated by a single full-service restaurant, according to industry estimates Perhaps it’s time to investigate how your food restaurant can recycle all of that garbage if you find this statistic frightening. Though the process of becoming an environmentally friendly restaurant may appear to be time-consuming and expensive, you’d be amazed at how simple it is and how much money you may save in the long run.
- See the entire collection of recycling bins here.
- Investigate which products your present waste management supplier recycles and how they should be segregated before implementing a recycling program at your restaurant.
- Remember to highlight to your personnel the significance of thoroughly washing off containers before disposing of them in their designated trash cans.
- Aluminum, steel, paper, and cardboard are the most widely recognized recyclable materials.
- Consider looking for companies in your neighborhood that will buy aluminum or steel cans instead of going via your collector.
- Restaurant food waste may be divided into two categories: pre-consumer waste and post consumer waste.
- Food leftovers left behind by visitors are included in post-consumer food waste.
This will allow you to identify the types and quantities of food that are being thrown away.
Because 40 percent of the food produced in the United States is thrown away, this is particularly concerning.
The surplus product will not deteriorate before it is even consumed in this manner.
Weekday stickers can be used in the following ways.
Also, move products that are about to expire to the front of the refrigerator so that they get consumed first.
Numerous animal parts are frequently thrown away, despite the fact that they might be utilized to produce stock or meals such as porchetta and head cheese, among other things.
Recycling Unwanted Food Left Over After a Meal is a serious problem in many communities.
Was it ever brought to your attention that the average visitor leaves roughly 17 percent of his or her meal?
Make certain you order boxes that are the proper size; this will allow you to reduce the amount of trash generated by the boxes.
In this innovative recycling technology, organic items such as egg shells and animal bones are converted into nutrient-dense soil.
You should check with your current waste management provider to see if they have compost transport away services that you can add to your existing plan if you don’t have the room to grow your own compost.
As previously indicated, recycling Styrofoam is incredibly difficult.
Biodegradable or compostable items, for example, are excellent alternatives to throwaway containers that are both environmentally friendly and recyclable.
Installing a recycling station, container, or can in your regular trash disposal location will encourage people to participate in your recycling program.
If you choose to participate in one, all, or a combination of these recycling programs, you will be helping to make the world a greener and more sustainable place. nbsp; When it comes to waste management at your restaurant, always remember the ancient adage: reduce, reuse, and recycle!
Our Reviews for the Best Eco-Friendly Food Storage Containers
When compared to plastic food storage containers, glass food storage containers are safer to use. These environmentally conscious items will not contaminate your meals. You may even use them to reheat leftovers because glass can be used in both the oven and the microwave. Glass storage containers with bamboo covers that are both biodegradable and recyclable are used in this particular application. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
2.Stainless steel food storage containers
This set of reusable stainless steel food storage containers is ideal for bringing meals to work or school. Sandwiches, salads, and cut fruit may be readily transported in these environmentally friendly storage containers and will remain fresh for the duration of the day. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
3.Silicone reusable food bags
Silicone food bags are reusable and may be used to keep food in the same way as regular plastic zip-top bags do, but they do not pose a threat to your health or the environment. Silicone bags are constructed of BPA-free plastic that may be reused over and over again without losing its effectiveness. They are safe to use in the dishwasher, microwave, and freezer. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
4.Dry food glass containers
Silicone food bags are reusable and may be used to keep food in the same way as standard plastic zip-top bags do, but they do not pose a threat to your health or the environment as regular plastic bags do. Silicone bags are constructed of BPA-free plastic that may be reused over and over again without losing its effectiveness. Each of these items is safe to use in the dishwasher, microwave, or freezer. MAKE A PURCHASE ONLINE
Mason jars make excellent food storage containers since they can be used to keep leftovers as well as dry products such as rice, beans, and flour, among other things. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
6.Reusable wax Food Wraps
These Reusable Food Wraps are constructed of cotton cloth that has been impregnated with beeswax to make them more durable. These containers have a permeable closure that will keep your food fresh for the whole working day. The best aspect is that you may use these covers for up to a year without having to replace them. It’s as simple as cleaning off the wax paper and reusing it.SHOP HERE
Do you want something that will allow you to pack a variety of items in a single container? Take a look at the reusable Bento lunch boxes. Each box contains three chambers that may be removed (two large, one small). The containers are safe to use in the microwave, freezer, refrigerator, and dishwasher. They also have airtight covers, which means you can even transport liquids in them. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
8.Fruit and Veggie Huggers
Interested in a container that allows you to pack a variety of items in a single box? Bento lunch boxes are a great option. The boxes each have three separate chambers that may be removed for storage (two large, one small). Dishwasher, freezer, and microwavable are all acceptable methods of storage. You can even transport liquids because the containers have airtight closures. MAKE A PURCHASE ONLINE
9.Reusable Organic Cotton Produce Bags
When it comes to fresh veggies, reusable organic cotton produce bags are ideal since they eliminate the need to put them into zip-top plastic baggies.
Because these bags are made of non-plastic materials and are breathable, your product will remain fresher for a longer period of time. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
10. Cloth bags and sacks for food storage
Cloth food storage bags are ideal for transporting sandwiches and snacks, as well as keeping coffee beans, fruit, onions, and other foods like these. These bags are free of harmful substances such as PVC, lead, BPA, phthalates, and heavy metals. They are also safe to put in the dishwasher.
11. Paper food wrap
Butcher’s paper food wrap is one of the most environmentally friendly alternatives to plastic wrap paper for food preservation. Sandwiches, pieces of meat, vegetables, and other items can be wrapped in food paper. When it comes to butcher paper, the unbleached kinds are the best choice for most people. This is due to the fact that they do not contain any poisons. It is possible to microwave and freeze it.
12.Aluminum foil pouch bags
Pouches made of aluminum foil are excellent for retaining freshness. They are safe to use in the freezer and the oven. DO NOT, under any circumstances, microwave it. Due to the fact that these pouches can be recycled, they are extremely environmentally friendly. To repurpose the pouches, wipe them down with a damp cloth. The more the amount of plastic we continue to use in our kitchens, the greater the amount of plastic pollution we generate. We can save our world by taking the easy step of replacing single-use plastic food containers with reusable, environmentally friendly food containers.
Reader Question: Eco-Friendly Containers for Beauty Products • Crafting a Green World
A reader recently emailed us with a question concerning environmentally friendly packaging for lip gloss. Her buddy now creates lip gloss as a pastime, but she hopes to expand her business and produce larger quantities to give as gifts and perhaps even sell. At the present, she’s making do with recovered contact lens covers (which, if you ask me, is brilliant! ), but as she grows in size, that’s not going to be a viable option for her in terms of availability. In addition, she is concerned that some of her friends and clients would be offended by lip gloss that has been put in outdated contact lens boxes.
- Although it is generally preferable to have as little packaging as possible, when it comes to beauty products, there are certain items that simply require a container.
- It is in need of a container.
- I performed some research and came up with a few of potential sources that could be useful.
- These aren’t 100 percent recyclable, but if you’re going to use plastic tubes, these are unquestionably better than the typical ones you’ll find.
- However, even though the second solution I discovered isn’t recycled, it is my favorite of the two.
- This would be the preferable alternative in my opinion.
- Furthermore, you would not have to be concerned about plastic leaking into your high-quality product.
- As far as I could tell, there were no recyclable glass containers available, but glass is a relatively low-impact material when it comes to these things, and a lot of glass has recycled components, even if the vendor does not specifically state so in the description.
I’d love to hear from any other independent cosmetics creators out there that have similar interests! What steps do you take to ensure that your packaging is as environmentally friendly as possible?
The question of eco-friendly lip gloss packaging was recently posed by a reader. Her buddy now creates lip gloss as a pastime, but she hopes to expand her business and produce larger quantities to give away as presents and perhaps even sell in the market place. While she’s currently utilizing recovered contact lens covers (which, if you ask me, is brilliant! ), she’ll soon find that this isn’t going to work for her in terms of availability as she ramps up her operation. In addition, she is concerned that some of her friends and clients would be offended by lip gloss that has been put in outdated contact case packaging.
- Although it is usually preferable to have as little packaging as possible, when it comes to beauty products, there are some items that simply require a container.
- The container is required.
- My research yielded a few of potential sources that I believe may be useful to you.
- Obviously, they aren’t 100 percent recyclable, but if you’re going to use plastic tubes, these are definitely preferable than the standard ones.
- The second solution I discovered isn’t recycled, but it’s still my favorite of the two options I discovered.
- This, in my opinion, is the preferable choice to consider.
- Moreover, you would not have to be concerned about plastic contaminating your high-quality goods.
- As far as I could tell, there were no recyclable glass containers available, but glass is a relatively low-impact material when it comes to these things, and a lot of glass has recycled component, even if the vendor does not explicitly state so in the description.
- What measures do you take to ensure that your packaging is as environmentally friendly as possible?
To Go Containers
- World Centric®StalkMarket®To Go Food Containers
- Sugarcane Bagasse (opaque) clamshells for hot and cold foods
- Corn Based PLA (clear) for cold foods
- Sugarcane Bag To-Go containers made of compostable materials
- Alternatives to Styrofoam are available. The product is completely biodegradable. Takeout containers made of sugarcane and plant fiber are compostable, and they can be heated in the microwave.
World Centric®StalkMarket®To Go Food Containers; Sugarcane Bagasse (opaque) clamshells for hot and cold foods; Corn Based PLA (clear) for cold foods; World Centric®StalkMarket®To Go Food Containers; World Centric®StalkMarket®To Go Food Containers; World Centric®StalkMarket®To Go Food Containers; World Centric®StalkMarket®To Go Food Containers; World Centric®StalkMarket®To Go Food containers for taking food on the go that are compostable Alternatives to Styrofoam (non-toxic).
Biodegradable to the extreme.
Looking to buy Eco-Friendly To Go Takeout Containers? Check out our top 3 selling takeout products:
Are you looking for a disposable burrito bowl similar to the ones used by Chipotle? Try theseDisposable Burrito BowlsDo you want to place a bulk order? For further information about discounts, please contact us here. Containers made of biodegradable materials in bulk. Questions? Call Toll Free 1-877-341-54 Right Now! In Ohio, the hours are 649 am to 6 pm. What is the composition of biodegradable takeout containers? Biodegradable takeaway containers are created from plants that are readily renewable, such as maize, sugarcane bagasse, and bamboo.
- What are the benefits of using biodegradable takeout containers for the environment?
- This implies that they are re-usable and may be created on a continuous basis indefinitely.
- By repurposing sugarcane fiber to make food containers, this waste is used rather than being thrown away completely.
- Can you help?
5 Types of Eco-Friendly Food Packaging (and 3 to Avoid)
Approximately 60% of all plastics manufactured globally are utilized in the production of food packaging materials ( 1 ). To put it another way, out of the total plastics generated in 2015, 228 million metric tons were used just for food packaging ( 1 , 2 ). Because of the negative impacts of nondegradable plastic packaging on the environment and human health, many individuals are campaigning to substantially cut plastic manufacturing and improve recycling — as well as to promote more environmentally friendly food packaging.
- Plastics are a source of worry for a variety of reasons, including their buildup in the seas and landfills, the formation of micro- and nanoplastics, and human exposure to toxins when chemicals used in food packaging leach into the food itself ( 1 , 3 ).
- Humans are exposed to toxicity and endocrinological disruption caused by these substances ( 1 , 3 ).
- These environmentally friendly food packaging frequently make use of sustainable bioplastics and plant-based extracts, such as wheat, wood, and bamboo, that are biodegradable, reusable, and devoid of dangerous chemicals.
- In addition to containing chemicals and NIAS, studies have shown that the transport of chemicals into food and your body is far lower with eco-friendly packaging than it is with plastics, making them safer for the environment and human health ( 3 , 7 , 8 ).
- summary Food packaging made of plastic offers several environmental and public health problems, including accumulation in the seas and disturbance of the body’s endocrine system, among others.
Fortunately, environmentally friendly options are becoming increasingly popular. Take a look at these five environmentally friendly food packaging alternatives that are healthier for the environment and your health.
1. Glass containers
Glass offers a plethora of applications and advantages in everyday life. There are several advantages to using this material: it is reusable, recyclable, and sturdy. It is also simple to clean and may be used as transportable food packaging. Water bottles and bento boxes are examples of food and drink containers made of glass ( 9 ). Nonetheless, because glass lids do not seal tightly, they are not suitable for use with portable containers that are taken to work, school, or on a trip. The majority of these transportable glass food containers are equipped with snap-locking plastic lids with a silicone seal or bamboo lids that may serve as portable cutting boards for chopping vegetables.
The life expectancy of these containers is 3.5 times greater than that of plastic containers, and they can be recycled when they are no longer needed, lessening the negative environmental effect of plastics ( 11 ).
2. Stainless steel
Steel that has been designated as food grade is sturdy, rust-free, and heat resistant, making it an excellent material to use for food storage. It’s also reusable and recyclable, which is a plus. Steel bento lunch boxes are widely available, however most items rely on silicone to keep them leak-free, either through the use of a silicone seal with locking steel clips or the use of brightly colored, BPA-free silicone covers that are suitable for food. Storage jars made of glass with stainless steel, airtight lids that are ideal for storing bulk commodities such as flour, grains, and spices combine the best of both worlds.
Bamboo is biodegradable and has a variety of excellent characteristics for food packaging, including being sturdy and heat-resistant ( 12 ). Glass jars with bamboo lids for use on countertops, portable lunch boxes with bamboo lids for use on the go, bamboo bread boxes, and bamboo serving bowls are all examples of bamboo-containing food packaging. Keep in mind that food containers made of bamboo or other plant fibers are less robust than those made of glass or stainless steel, and they are more prone to wear and tear.
4. Rice husk
Rice husk is a low-cost, renewable, and biodegradable byproduct of rice production that is produced in large quantities ( 13 ). In one study, it was discovered that rice husk had bio-adsorbent capabilities, which indicates that it may absorb contaminants from its immediate surroundings ( 13 ). Sealable lunch boxes and shatterproof serving bowls are just a couple of the products manufactured from this combination.
5. Gelatin films
Because of their benign qualities, low cost, and consistent film-forming capabilities, gelatin films are becoming increasingly popular for food packaging applications ( 14 , 15 , 16 ). According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), gelatin is a food ingredient that is generally regarded as safe (GRAS) ( 17 ). Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli are two prevalent pathogens that cause foodborne sickness, and gelatin films are packed with antibacterial cellulose, which inhibits the growth of both pathogens.
- Two of the most commonly used fillers in gelatin food packaging are microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) and rosin-grafted cellulose nanocrystals (r-CNCs).
- A variety of additives are used in conventional plastic products.
- These petroleum-based plastic items are not biodegradable, which means that they do not breakdown into natural components when exposed to the environment.
- While these additions may result in a more appealing plastic product that may be used for food storage and transportation, the chemicals they contain contribute to pollution and raise the risk of endocrine disorders and malignancies in people when they are consumed ( 1 , 11 , 18 ).
You should stay away from the following three petroleum-based plastics:
1. Single-use plastics
Straws, beverage bottles, bottle caps, Styrofoam cups, and plastic bags are the most frequent single-use plastics, and they are also the most unsustainable and incorrectly disposed of. In particular, single-use plastics are causing significant harm to oceans and coastal regions, as demonstrated by the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, a massive collection of plastic garbage in the Pacific Ocean between Japan and Hawaii that is causing widespread concern.
2. Plastics with BPA
Bisphenol-A (BPA) is a plasticizer ingredient that is used in the production of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), a substance that is utilized in the production of numerous plastic items ( 10 ). Furthermore, BPA not only accumulates in the environment, but it also migrates from food packaging to the food it contains as well. When consumed, it may raise your chances of being infertile, developing polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and developing other metabolic diseases ( 10 ).
3. Plastic takeout containers
The widespread usage of disposable takeout containers adds to the generation of vast volumes of garbage, which results in pollution and the release of harmful environmental contaminants ( 19 ). In summary, single-use plastics, BPA-containing packaging, and takeout containers should be avoided at all costs — and efforts should be made to phase them out — owing to the harmful impact they have on the environment and human health.
- Choose reusable metal or bamboo straws instead of single-use plastic straws to reduce your environmental impact. Cleansing brushes for reusable straws are an absolute must-have for the proper hygienic upkeep of these items. Single-use paper straws, on the other hand, are biodegradable and environmentally beneficial. Choose reusable water bottles made of non-plastic or BPA-free materials, and consider purchasing a bottle brush. To help limit the consumption of single-use plastic water bottles, consider using at-home water filters – either faucet filters or pitchers with filters. When ordering takeout, skip the utensils to reduce the amount of single-use plastic you consume. rather of using restaurant utensils, bring your own. Instead of using plastic containers to store food when you need to replace them, use glass containers. Seek for biodegradable and bioplastic materials to replace conventional, petroleum-based plastics whenever possible. Reduce your carbon impact by recycling food packaging that is acceptable for recycling. It is possible to lessen the environmental effect of plastic food containers, such as Tupperware and plastic zip bags, by washing and reusing them (
Reusable bags, glass bottles, and plant-based items are all good options for reducing your consumption of petroleum-based, single-use plastics. Summary The firms listed below manufacture environmentally friendly, biodegradable food packaging.
It is an Australian firm that creates disposable food packaging made from trees that are derived from sustainably managed plantations. BioPaki is an environmentally friendly paper-based disposable food packaging manufacturer. Hot mugs, takeout containers, and cutlery are among the products available. The bioplastic goods produced by the firm are created from paper rather than petroleum.
The Robinette Company
In addition to being FDA-approved, The Robinette Company specializes in post-consumer recycled film and paper, which contributes to the creation of a circular economy in which resources are reused rather than thrown away, as well as other products. Stand-up pouches for snacks and grains, laminated rolls for packaging, and printed film and paper are some of the products available.
PrimeWare is an American wholesaler that specializes in providing food service organizations with disposable items that are environmentally friendly. Compostable food containers, paper straws, hot cups with lids, and dinnerware are among the products available (plates, bowls, and trays).
Compostable stand-up pouches made from plants are produced by PouchEcoma, which implies that these food packets disintegrate into organic material once they have been consumed. This firm sells resealable pouches to food companies that offer goods such as gourmet vegetarian sausages, tofu, and gummy vitamins, among other things.
Similarly, Ecologic Brands is an American firm that manufactures the Eco.bottle, which is a sustainable, biodegradable bottle that is constructed from recycled cardboard boxes. summary Several firms have taken a stand against petroleum-based plastics and now provide a choice of environmentally friendly, environmentally sustainable, and biodegradable food packaging options to consumers. Chemical food packaging made of petroleum-based materials accumulates in the environment and poses a wide range of health hazards, including metabolic problems and even cancer.
While it may be hard to totally avoid these plastics, opting for environmentally friendly food packaging that is biodegradable, less toxic, and recyclable is an excellent first step in mitigating the adverse impacts of plastics on your health and the environment in general.
The Best Eco-Friendly Meal Prep Containers for 2020
The next article discusses our very best meal prep containers, which we have discovered over years of preparing wonderful plant-powered meals. When selecting meal prep containers, we prefer to take three crucial factors into consideration:
- Are they long-lasting? Are they environmentally friendly? Will they keep your food fresh?
Leaving home in the morning with confidence in knowing that your plant-powered meals are safe and secure in leak-proof containers that keep your food as fresh as possible is our goal. Carleigh took the decision last year to replace all of her plastic meal-prep containers with glass and other environmentally friendly alternatives. If you find yourself in a similar situation, consider reusing your plastic containers for items such as jewelry, tools, or plant planting materials. Here’s why she took the decision to change:
- Plastic containers may contain potentially dangerous chemicals that might seep into the food that is being kept in the container. In particular, if you microwave your plastic containers, this is especially true
- I’ve used both glass and plastic containers for keeping my meal preps, and there’s little doubt that glass keeps food fresher for longer periods of time while being far easier to clean
- Compared to plastic containers, glass and other materials such as stainless steel and bamboo are significantly more durable. After a few usage, I would notice that the plastic had gotten warped as a result of the dishwasher cycle, and the lids would no longer fit. Some of my glass containers (such as basic mason jars!) have been in my possession for some years
- By now, we’ve all heard about the horrific impact that plastic is having on the environment. In order to ensure that my future purchases do not wind up in a landfill as a result of my decision, I chose to exclusively invest in glass containers in the future.
Okay, let’s get down to business and talk about our very favorite containers. Note that I’ve included affiliate links from Amazon to take you directly to the goods I’ve listed below that I think you’ll find useful and interesting.
Snapware – Glass Containers
This is the same brand that Carleigh uses in her house, and she is completely satisfied with them. These glass containers are ideal for preserving your meals and ensuring that they remain fresh for longer periods of time. They are available in a variety of forms and sizes. As a result, if you have a large family, they are also excellent for bulk cooking. Alternatively, you may put them in your freezer and then reheat them in the oven or microwave. They are, in general, a fantastic choice! An added benefit is that glass is a more environmentally friendly material.
Metal Bento Box
These stainless steel bento boxes are ideal for storing snack items for lunches or for use at school or at the office. We favor stackable bento boxes, for example, since they allow us to keep a snack alongside a full meal. Using this method of keeping your food is one of the most ecologically friendly solutions available.
Bento boxes made of stainless steel are ideal for storing snack items for lunches or for use at school or at the job. If we want to store a snack with a big meal, we use stackable bento boxes, which are quite convenient. The use of this method of keeping food is one of the most ecologically friendly available.
Mason jars are a favorite around here. They have a huge capacity and can hold a lot of items. Personally, I love to use this method for jams, smoothies, oats, salads, sauces, and dressings, among other things. Mason jars are widely used in my household, and they help to keep everything properly sealed, so I don’t have to be concerned about leaks or spills. I’ve tried several other liquid containers, but none of them come close. I haven’t been impressed enough with any of the others to keep them in my kitchen storage cabinet.
To that reason, I strongly advise purchasing many of them because they are a jar that is trustworthy.
Corningware Soup Mugs
If you’ve been following Plant You for a while, you’re probably aware of our full and utter infatuation with soup! With a vented cover, these Corningware soup mugs are ideal for transporting soups, stews, and chili back and forth to work with you on your lunch break.
Because the lids feature a ventilation mechanism, you may put them in the microwave without worrying about spilling anything (been there). Even better, the lids on these mugs are so well sealed that you will never have to worry about spillage.
Stasher Bags – Reusable Bags
These bags are genuinely one-of-a-kind and are available in a variety of sizes, including snack, sandwich, stand-up, and 12 litre. Due to the fact that these silicone bags are 100 percent reusable, you will save money by not having to purchase storage freezer bags or single-use plastic bags for snacks each week. These bags are rockstars, and they keep your favorite flavors fresh and intact. When I use one of these stasher bags, I never have to worry about the taste being compromised.
By considering these options, I believe you’ll be set up for success!
When it comes to food storage, I’d love to know if you have any go-to containers or meal prep methods that you swear by. As always, we’d appreciate hearing from you if you have any suggestions or thoughts on this or any other topic. Thank you very much. Please keep in mind that this post contains affiliate connections to Amazon.
Best Zero Waste Food Storage Options for a Sustainable Kitchen
Regarding food storage, I’d be interested in knowing whether you have any go-to containers or meal prep tricks. Whenever you have any suggestions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. As usual, please let us know if you have any questions or comments. Greetings and thanks for your assistance. This post contains affiliate connections to Amazon. Please keep this in mind when reading it:
When it comes to food storage, I’d love to know if you have any favorite containers or meal prep methods that you swear by. As always, we’d appreciate hearing from you if you have any related ideas or input. Thank you very much. Please be advised that this post contains affiliate connections to Amazon.
With their versatility and utility, Food Huggers will quickly become the unsung hero of your zero waste kitchen. A must-have for sealing up half-eaten avocados and apples or wrapping up those jars that have lost their lid, Food Huggers will become your go-to companion on your drive to decrease food waste. The best for. preserving chopped vegetables, covering jars that do not have lids Check out Food Huggers for more information.
Glass jars are among the most flexible zero waste food storage containers available. They are excellent for refrigerating and freezing smoothies, soups, jams, and other foods, as well as keeping just about anything in your pantry and refrigerator. The most environmentally friendly approach is to utilize jars that you already have from sauces, nut butters, and other goods that come in glass from the shop as storage containers. However, if you don’t have enough glass jars, Wayfair offers a fantastic range of alternatives to choose from.
Keeping dry items or liquids stored, as well as refrigerating or freezing food Take a look at them on WayFair.
4.Frego Glass and Silicone Containers
If you want the advantages of glass (safety, long-lastingness, environmental consciousness), but are concerned about falling — or your children dropping — and breaking the glass, Frego has the answer for you. There are three parts to their sustainable storage containers: a glass bowl, a silicone sleeve that covers the bowl, and another silicone sleeve on top of that.
Best for.families that want to keep prepared meals and leftovers in the refrigerator. Visit EarthHero to see what they’re all about. Use the code CONSCIOUSLIFE to receive a 10% discount.
5.Stainless Steel Containers
Stainless steel containers are the ideal choice for storing items that need to be ultra-durable and completely free of plastic. Package Free Shop sells these zero waste food containers in a range of sizes ranging from 8 to 26 cm in diameter, so you can get exactly what you need. When utilizing stainless steel containers, the one issue I’ve encountered is that it’s easy to lose track of what you’ve really put inside. As a result, I find them to be most effective when used as lunch boxes rather than for storing a large quantity of food in the refrigerator.
preparing sandwiches and snacks to take with you Take a look at them on the Package Free Shop website.
7.Reusable Food Wraps
A more flexible and simple type of zero waste food storage, reusable meal wrappers are a good option. It is possible to use them to wrap sandwiches, half-eaten avocados, or a freshly baked pie in a variety of ways. In contrast to other reusable food wraps, KhalaCompany offers a vegan version consisting of a cotton-hemp fabric, ethically sourced soy wax, jojoba and coconut oil, and tree resin. The best for. Using plastic wrap to wrap around fruit and baked items Visit EarthHero to see what they’re all about.
8.Bamboo Storage Jars
These jars, which have containers made from recycled bamboo and lids made from renewable cork, are the ultimate in environmentally responsible food storage. They are suitable for keeping snacks such as nuts and dried fruits in their tiny jar sets, while their big jar sets are perfect for storing flours or sugar, among other dry items. The best for. Keeping snacks and other dry products in storage Take a look at them on Made Trade.
9.Organic Cloth Produce Bags
Organic cotton produce bags are a terrific way to shop for and store away fresh fruit such as carrots, apples, and broccoli without having to use plastic bags. They are safe for your food and healthier for the environment as well. They may also be used to purchase and store dry products from wholesale distributors! Produce purchasing and storage are the best uses for this product. Visit EcoRoots to learn more about them.
Pin this post to reference it later:
Alternatively, you might be interested in these articles:Easy Zero Waste Swaps to Get Started WithSustainable and Zero Waste Kitchen Products An ever-expanding list of online zero-waste shops is available.
Eco Friendly Food Container And Packaging Materials
Inquire about something At Genpak, we are constantly exploring for innovative methods to create our cups, plates, tableware, food containers, and other items in order to make them more environmentally friendly and environmentally friendly. In fact, this applies to all of our items, whether they be for takeout orders, bakery products, meal solutions, or catering. With the introduction of two of our famous food packaging lines comprised of ecologically friendly materials, we have seen significant success in this sector.
- If you are seeking for environmentally friendly food packaging, you will find it here.
- Harvest ®Paper- Our paper cones, portion cups, and drink cups are made from raw materials from from forests that have been maintained in accordance with Sustainable Forestry Practices.
- Our environmentally friendly food packaging paper product combinations are also built for optimal strength and durability, with box pleats, concave surface areas, and rolled rims all being used to achieve this goal.
- Harvest ®Fiber products are safe to use in the microwave and are grease and water resistant.
- Customers will continue to return for more because of features such as our unique Snap-It type closure on our take out containers and our handy stacking rims.
With our Harvest ® product lines, we can assist you in replacing your present food container and packaging goods with biodegradable and more ecologically friendly alternatives. Please contact us by phone at 800-626-6695 or by email.
Eco Friendly Food Packaging
Take a look at these corrugated clamshell boxes made of Sugar Cane fibres! Durability and robustness are provided by this new line, while also protecting the environment one box at a time!
Compostable Bowls with Lids
Bowls that are constructed from sugarcane fiber, which is a byproduct of the sugar production process, are made compostable. Some sizes are available with lids.
Compostable Coffee Cups
We have a large selection of biodegradable coffee cups for both hot and cold beverages in a number of sizes, including 4, 8, 10, 12, 16, and 20-ounce sizes, to meet your needs.
Paper Cookie Bags / Paper Sandwich Bags
Cookies and sandwich bakery bags made from grease and moisture-resistant paper come in a variety of sizes and designs, including Natural Kraft or White, to suit your needs.
Compostable Food Containers
This food container line is an excellent choice for any company wishing to become green or to modernize their kitchens with the most up-to-date innovations in the food service packaging industry. Available in three different sizes with a single lid that fits all of them. There’s no reason to feel terrible about throwing these out!
100% Recycled Brown Kraft Shopping Bags
With our large assortment of 100 percent recycled brown Kraft shopping bags, you may choose the easy yet environmentally beneficial path. Bags are available in a wide variety of forms, sizes, and patterns.
Apple Handle Produce Bags
The heavy-duty handle bags are a new take on the traditional take-out bag, and they are ideal for use in the market, in take-out restaurants, bakeries, and retail establishments. These bags are available in two distinct colors: natural Kraft and white, and they come in three different sizes. For that extra personal touch, get your bag personalized with your company’s emblem.
Flat Paper Merchandise Bags
A more affordable, untreated, and NON-grease resistant alternative to some of our other grease resistant and waxed bags on the market. Natural Kraft and white paper are both available in a variety of sizes.
Wine Bottle Bags
Untreated and non-grease resistant bags that are a more affordable alternative to some of our other grease resistant and waxed bags. Both natural Kraft and white are available in a variety of sizes.
Economy Wine Bottle Boxes
With our selection of inexpensive, yet sturdy wine gift boxes, you can add a touch of elegance to your wine bottle gift presentation. Especially suitable for special events!
Brown Kraft Microwaveable Chinese Take Out Boxes
Introducing the NEW Kraft Chinese Style Takeout Boxes, which are constructed entirely of recycled paperboard and are microwave safe. The Green Restaurant Association has given its endorsement to these meal containers.
Brown Kraft Bakery Boxes
With our Natural Brown Kraft bakery boxes, you can go completely natural with your bakery packaging and let your baked goods speak for themselves.
Pink Bakery Boxes
With our gorgeous strawberry pink range of 100 percent recycled bread boxes, you can add a dash of color to any occasion! Look through the large assortment of sizes, both with and without windows!
Brown Bakery Boxes
Our gorgeous strawberry pink collection of 100 percent recycled bread boxes is the perfect way to add a dash of color to your next event. Look through the large array of sizes available, both with and without windows.
White Cupcake Boxes
White cupcake boxes are available in a range of sizes, with a variety of window configurations to choose from!
Patisserie Cupcake Boxes – 100% Recycled Material
We’ve designed our new Patisserie Cupcake Box Collection with a two-tone blue pattern to offer a pop of color while also providing maximum durability. Cupcake inserts that match the cupcakes are available in all sizes!
Compostable Soup Containers
We have a variety of sizes available for these environmentally friendly soup containers! Ideal for any type of culinary company!
Recycled Plaid Paper Fry Trays
Natural Kraft recycled fry trays are a good choice if you want to be environmentally conscious. They’re completely biodegradable and recyclable, and they’re constructed entirely of recycled paper with a 50 percent post-consumer recycled content.
Eco Sleeve Coffee Cup Sleeves
Our EcoSleeve, which comes in a variety of colors, is the most recent innovation in environmentally friendly coffee sleeves. This biodegradable sleeve is also compostable, and it is made with a heat activated glue to keep it in place. There are four different hues to choose from.
Biodegradable Coffee SleevesClutches
Our brown Kraft and white coffee sleeves and clutches are available in a variety of sizes and colors. Find the exact sort of coffee sleeve you’re looking for from a variety of styles that include embossed paperboard, corrugated, and wave corrugated.
Compostable PLA Clear Cold Drink Cups
Our Compostable Cold Cups are the ideal addition to your company’s beverage service. If you’re looking for iced coffee or other beverages, we have a variety of sizes to suit your needs. Choose from our 9 oz. cup, 12 oz. cup, 16 oz. cup, 20 oz. cup, and 24 oz. cup sizes.
For your business, our Compostable Cold Cups are an excellent addition. If you’re looking for iced coffee or other beverages, we have a variety of sizes to suit your needs. Choose from the 9 oz. cup, 12 oz. cup, 16 oz. cup, 20 oz. cup, and 24 oz. cup.
Biodegradable and Compostable Cutlery
Choose from three of our compostable, disposable forks, knives, spoons, and sets that are 100 percent biodegradable and compostable. Available in either wrapped or unwrapped form.
SOLUT! Catering Trays
Our range of SOLUT! catering trays are ideal for any type of catering event or occasion. Make your selection from natural kraft or glossy black color choices!
Catering Transport Trays
Providing you with these disposable catering trays that are designed for safe transport and simple cleaning is our specialty. Small catering trays, large catering trays, and extra large catering trays are all available in a variety of sizes.
Recycled Paper Napkins
Take advantage of our most environmentally conscious napkin, EarthWise 100 percent biodegradable dinner napkins, which are available in two sizes: beverage square napkins (10″ x 10″) and dinner 1/8 fold napkins (15″ x 17″).
Earthwise tree-free napkins are manufactured from bamboo and sugarcane fibers, which are both sustainable and biodegradable.
Tork Natural Brown 100% Recycled Napkins
Universal XpressNap dispenser napkins from Tork International are the best single-ply napkins available for use in any bakery, deli or restaurant. Reduce your consumption while remaining environmentally conscious!
Basket Liner Tissue
We have a vast selection of basket liner tissue that is suitable for use with any sort of cuisine! The FDA has determined that these basket liners are safe, and they are available in a wide variety of colors!
Food Waxed Tissue Dispenser Boxes
Making use of our deli paper dispenser boxes, you can quickly and efficiently wrap and take your food.
Available in a variety of colors including brown Kraft, white, pink, and chocolate, as well as three different sizes.
Menu Tissue / Un-Waxed
Our basic Lightweight Menu Tissue is excellent for the simplest of jobs and is available in two colors: white and natural brown Kraft. It is also available in a variety of sizes.
Biodegradable Plastic Carryout Bags
Takeout orders of any size, beverage bags, and a variety of other items fit well in our latest creative carryout bag. Try out our newest environmentally friendly product!
Recyclable Plastic CarryOut Bags
Make a choice from a diverse range of environmentally friendly takeout bags and wow your customers with the newest in food packaging technology. There are three different types and six different sizes to choose from.