Talking Shop with Robert Svoboda
Taken once a day in tablet form, synthetic thyroid hormone helps to regulate metabolism. Doctors recommend that you take this medication first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before you eat anything else. It’s critical that you follow your doctor’s directions on how to take this medication as closely as possible. You may have fluctuating hormone levels if you don’t take care of your health. As a result, you may experience heart palpitations (the sensation that your heart is racing), anxiety, difficulty concentrating, or fluctuations in your core body temperature.
The American Academy of Family Physicians retains ownership of the intellectual property rights.
Seek advice from your primary care physician to determine whether or not the material in this article applies to you and to obtain further information on this topic.
Living with Reality with Dr. Robert Svoboda on Apple Podcasts
In Episode 25, we talk about churning the ocean of milk.
Ep. 25 – Churning the Ocean of Milk
Ep. 24 – Urges and the Suppression of These Urges
Ep. 24 – Urges and Their Suppression
Dr. Vignesh Devraj discusses Karma in Episode 23 of his podcast.
Ep. 23 – Analyzing Karma with Dr. Vignesh Devraj
- During a chat with Dr. Vignesh Devraj, Dr. Robert Svoboda discusses the topic of karma, including how it can be known, whether it can be known, and how to cope with karmic patterns and duties.
In this episode, we offer advice to students of Ayurveda.
Ep. 22 – Advice to Students of Ayurveda
- Advice for Ayurvedic Students (Episode 22).
Paula Crossfield discusses Ayurveda in Episode 21 of Finding Ayurveda.
Ep. 21 – Finding Ayurveda with Paula Crossfield
Doctor Robert Svoboda discusses living our dharma, the Eighth House in astrology, and their quest to discover Ayurveda on this episode of the Living with Reality podcast with Paula Crossfield. A version of this talk, which initially featured on Paula Crossfield’s podcast, Weave Your Bliss, about discovering Ayurveda, was broadcast on the Dr. Svoboda Show. Please see drsvoboda.teachable.com for additional excellent lessons from Dr. Svoboda. For further information, see our privacy policies and the California Privacy Notice.
Ep. 20 – Dattatreya Story Time
I began studying with “Robbie” in 1991, while I was a student at The Ayurvedic Institute in New York. I’ve always admired his sense of humour and profound insight in his teaching method. He makes incredible sense when it comes to teaching complicated, profound topics in Ayurveda, Samkhya philosophy, and Jyotish philosophy and practices. This podcast is really valuable to me.
Being familiar with Dr Svoboda from my long-standing interest in Ayurveda, as well as his position as an eminent and extremely knowledgable commentator on the subject, I found it intriguing to hear about his humble origins. Even as a young guy, I can tell that he was precocious, open, interested, insightful, and driven, traits that I like in people. To fulfill one’s hunger for knowledge or to follow one’s heart, one must be able to weather the storms of different landscapes, civilizations, and social systems.
Dr Svoboda, who is from IndiaMumbai, strikes me as someone who is more knowledgeable about all things Indian than I am. I gain a lot of inspiration and life affirming tidbits from listening to Dr. Svoboda’s lectures and podcasts. () With deep gratitude and awe ()
Dream Come True
Vimalananda was Dr. Svoboda’s guru, and his teachings transmit the knowledge of Vimalananda as it is understood through an awareness of the reality in which we currently live. Seth’s deep understanding of science allows him to bring the ancient concepts of Ayurveda, karma, Bhakti, and prana into our homes and to provide us with strategies to navigate through a world dominated by mobile phones, COVID-19, social media, and continual sensory input. Dr. Robert’s words are available to me in this format, and I am grateful for that.
Top Podcasts In SocietyCulture
Ayurvedic students can benefit from Dr. Svoboda’s 40 years of wisdom and experience, which he shares with them in this article. Ayurveda is discussed, as is adopting the mentality of a lifelong learner, the distinction between current information and old knowledge, and the need of integrating one’s own experience into the Ayurvedic energy of healing, among other topics. In contemporary knowledge, one accumulates many information and hopes that they will somehow cohere together in one’s conscious mind so that they may be used when the situation calls for it.
In many respects, Ayurveda is the polar opposite of conventional medicine.” Dr.
Learn about Dr. Robert Svoboda’s journey to finding Ayurveda onLiving with Reality Ep. 21
Dr. Svoboda gives some recommendations to students of Ayurveda based on his 40 years of wisdom and experience in the field. He discusses the necessity of adopting the mindset of constantly being a student of Ayurveda, the distinction between current information and ancient knowledge, and the need of integrating one’s personal experience into the Ayurvedic energy of healing, among other things. In contemporary knowledge, one accumulates many information and hopes that they will somehow come together in one’s conscious mind so that they may be used when the situation calls for it.
Many respects, Ayurveda is the polar opposite of conventional medicine.
Robert Svoboda is a physician that practices in the state of California.
Cultural Appropriation (21:15)
Dr. Svoboda gives some advise to students of Ayurveda based on his 40 years of wisdom and experience. He discusses adopting the mentality of constantly being a student of Ayurveda, the distinction between current information and ancient knowledge, and the need of integrating one’s personal experience into the Ayurvedic energy of healing. In modern knowledge, one accumulates many information and hopes that they will somehow come together in one’s conscious mind, so that they may be used when the situation calls for it.
In many ways, Ayurveda is the polar opposite of Western medicine.” — Robert Svoboda, M.D.
Francesca Maximé and Robin Mallison Alpern touch on cultural appropriation and the idea of decentering the concept of whiteness onReRooted Ep. 27
Is it more convenient for you to hear more about this subject? To listen to The History of Ayurveda on the Yogahealer podcast, please click here. As a way to bring this series on Ayurveda to a conclusion, I reached out to Dr. Robert Svoboda to hear more about his view on the history of Ayurvedic medicine. Dr. Svoboda holds the distinction of being the first westerner to graduate from an Ayurvedic college.
He has a wealth of knowledge and has published numerous books on the subject of Ayurveda. Make sure to check out his website for additional information. This is an extract of what was discussed, but you can listen to the whole episode of the podcast to hear the entire conversation.
Could you talk a little about the history of Ayurveda, from your perspective?
– Well, and it will almost definitely be from my point of view, since there are many individuals who have their own points of view, some of which they adhere to with great tenacity. According to my understanding, Ayurveda has been practiced for an uncertain number of years now. The Ayurvedic system of medicine was initially linked with the Vedas, as suggested by its name. They are at least 4,000 years old, and it is possible that they are perhaps 5,000 years old. It goes without saying that society was structured substantially differently back then.
- The system of medicine that exists today was originally codified over a period of approximately 2,500 to 1,500 years ago.
- That indicates that either there was a single seminar, or there were multiple seminars, or there were no seminars at all!
- It was decided to convene a group of experts to address the difficulties associated with living in an urban setting.
- In one of the almost 50 megacities, which are defined as cities with a metropolitan area of 10 million or more inhabitants, there are a significant number of people who reside there, potentially as much as 5 percent of the entire world’s population.
- As an example, there have been individuals in South America who have built a close and profound contact with the non-human world.
- The connection to those realities would occur when a person was out of balance, and they would restore that person’s equilibrium with the natural world, particularly in the context of prana, chi, or the lifeforce, or whatever word you want, in which they were out of balance.
- And it works really well for people who, on the whole, live more or less in close proximity to the natural world.
- I mean, I’ve lived in small towns and cities since I was a child, but going out into the countryside and into the presence of wild creatures and plants, as well as the presence of wild reality, was quite simple.
Nowadays, things are more difficult. It was this move from close proximity to nature to close proximity to humans that caused the human organism’s preferred mode of self-maintenance to alter, as explained above.
Have we gotten so far from knowing ourselves that we need someone to tell us about ourselves?
As far as I can tell, it will very likely be from my point of view, because there are lots of individuals who have their own points of view, some of which they hold very strongly. The practice of Ayurveda, in my opinion, has been around for an indeterminable amount of time. The Ayurvedic system of medicine was initially related with the Vedic texts, as its name indicates. Approximately 4,000 to 5,000 years have passed since the Vedas were written. Of course, society was organized in a totally different way at the time in question.
- In reality, according to the Charaka Samhita, which is the most well-known of all the Sanskrit texts of Ayurveda, a conference on this topic was conducted in a forest, and it was attended by a wide range of distinguished professionals.
- However, what it indicates is that within a period of time, there may have been a very brief and discrete period of time, but it was almost probably not brief and discrete in nature.
- As a result, the majority of human beings on the planet live in metropolitan areas, which is the world in which we find ourselves now.
- According to what I’ve observed, Ayurveda was performed much more like shamanic medicine at that time.
- There is a difference between the physical world of plants and animals and the realm of nonphysical realities.
- A person who was ill was out of balance with nature in general and with the lifeforce in particular, and a healer would utilize his or her personal relationship with prana to help reflect the prana in the patient and assist to restore equilibrium in this way.
- Even in the past, when people lived in metropolitan areas, they remained in close contact with nature.
Nowadays, it is more difficult. It was this shift from close contact to nature to close proximity to humans that brought about a change in the method in which the human organism chose to sustain itself.
When you look at the history of Ayurveda, like, what fascinates you about how it’s moved through the ages or how it goes from past and present into future?
As for my point of view, there are plenty of individuals who have their own points of view, some of which they adhere to with great tenacity. Ayurveda, in my opinion, has been around for an indeterminable amount of years. The Ayurvedic system of medicine was initially related with the Vedic texts, as its name indicates. The Vedas are at least 4,000 years old, and they might be as old as 5,000 years. Of course, society was structured substantially differently back then. In its current form, Ayurveda is a system of medicine that was developed primarily for the goal of dealing with people who were urbanized, who lived in cities and towns, and whose initial codification took place between about 2,500 and 1,500 years ago.
- Therefore, either one seminar took place, or several seminars took place, or there were no seminars at all!
- Experts convened and examined the difficulties that come with living in an urban setting.
- A significant number of people, maybe as much as 5 percent of the world’s population, reside in one of the almost 50 megacities, which are defined as cities with a metropolitan area of 10 million or more inhabitants.
- Individuals in South America, for example, have formed a close and profound bond with the non-human world.
- The connection to those realities would occur when a person was out of balance, and the restoration of equilibrium would occur with the natural world, particularly in the context of prana, chi, the lifeforce, or whatever name you choose to use.
- And it works really well for individuals who, on the whole, live more or less in close proximity to nature.
- I mean, I’ve lived in tiny cities since I was a child, but coming out into the countryside and into the presence of wild creatures and plants, as well as the presence of wild reality, was a breeze.
Nowadays, it’s more difficult. Consequently, when there occurred this shift between living in close proximity to nature and living in close proximity to humans, there was a change in the method that the human organism chose to sustain itself.
Ayurveda for Women: A Guide to Vitality and Health: Svoboda, Dr. Robert E.: 9780892819393: Amazon.com: Books
a tried-and-true approach for obtaining health and happiness while also managing the demands of a modern woman’s busy existence This is the ideal manual for any woman for whom the quality of her life is a primary concern. By one of the most prominent proponents of Ayurveda in the United States, as well as the author of Ayurveda: Life, Health, and Longevity. Exercise, sleep, food, beauty care, meditation, and massage, sex and relationships, childcare, and menopause are just a few of the topics covered in this book.
In today’s society, women’s roles in building and maintaining balanced, healthy lifestyles for themselves and their families have never been more important, and this captivating book will assist them in accomplishing their objectives despite the countless demands put on them.
Ayurveda, India’s “science of life,” is particularly well suited for healing and uplifting the female body, mind, and spirit, and it is becoming increasingly popular.
Ayurveda, which is simple to implement yet has a tremendous effect, may be the solution that many women have been looking for.
AGHORA II: Kundalini: Svoboda, Robert E.: 9780914732310: Amazon.com: Books
On June 17, 2019, a review was conducted in the United States. Purchase that has been verified Just finished rereading this book for the third or fourth time. I read all three books in the Aghora trilogy a few years ago and quite enjoyed them. Despite the fact that they are all fantastic, this is the one that I find the most beneficial. There is a multitude of knowledge available about kundalini, and this is significantly more accessible than Arthur Avalon’s famous work, The Serpent Power, in terms of reading difficulty.
- Many other issues are discussed, including ancient civilizations, the yugas, the diverse sorts of avatars who have taken on different forms throughout history, and the differences between different degrees of spiritual growth, such as siddhas and rishis.
- “Always, always remember that the highest method of mind control, the supreme intoxication, is the continual chanting of the lovely name of God,” Vimalananda says to the seeker near the end of the book, which is a great moment.
- “And one day you will be able to achieve success.” On December 11, 2012, it was reviewed in the United States, and it was verified as a purchase.
- Kundalini is sometimes referred to as enlightenment in some circles.
- This is a treasure trove of spiritual knowledge.
- If you can manage to ignore it and attempt to finish reading the remainder of the book, you will be astounded at how much each individual is capable of doing.
- However, the first book has more detail regarding what the aghora symbol represents as well as numerous unbelievable claims, but the second book does not.
The product was reviewed in the United States on August 15, 2013 and was confirmed as a purchase.
Despite this, it provides a framework for understanding the ideas without putting you in danger of being arrested.
Many people prefer to begin a practice without the guidance of a teacher and so turn to a book for guidance.
However, the majority of those who undertake this attempt are really window shoppers.
The same holds true for this book deal.
What about the seasoned practitioner, on the other hand?
What elements of Robert’s book would I have wanted to have seen included?
My desire to have the words presented in a way that is complementary to sanskrit is very beneficial to me at this point because I am still something of a student of it all.
As is customary, if someone has a specific query about this, they may reach out to me using Amazon’s messaging service.
On June 29, 2001, a review was published in the United States.
If you are a spiritual seeker, or if you are simply curious in spiritualism, or if you are confused between religion and spiritualism, or if you have any type of spiritual questions on your mind, this is the book you should read.
His interactions with the ultimate spiritual force, or kundalini maa, were recorded live, and the author did a fantastic job of condensing his recital of his cosmic experience into words, of course, to the extent that it was feasible.
Read this book before taking your next step to understand how they might compel certain individuals to seek them, how they begin to profess themselves to be the knower of everything and hence God men.
Purchase that has been verified I utilized this to get through some strong experiences with Kundalini that I was going through.
The thought of throwing everything away and chanting mantras in Indian cemeteries made me want to throw everything away.
A fantastic book that is also a tremendous seller.
Purchase that has been verified Congratulations, Ma!
Virabhadra In the United States, on May 23, 2013, a verified purchase was reviewed. There are some new-agers that equate Kundalini with sexuality, and this book is inappropriate for them. This is Aghora/tantric philosophy adapted to the Western way of thinking.
Top reviews from other countries
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product a source of information and understanding On February 3, 2014, a review was published in France. Purchase that has been verified This book contains remarkable knowledge on Kundalini, information that, in my opinion, can only come from someone who has had firsthand, authentic experience with the subject matter. I’ve heard a lot of things about Kundalini, but nothing quite like this. It’s really rich and clear. The explanations of the deep meaning of the Ramayana, of Krishna’s childhood, and of the relationships between Vishnu and Shiva are extremely thorough and relevant.
When reading the author’s work, one is transported to the presence of his Maitre, who instructs the reader on a variety of essential topics.
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product Aghora, you’ve given me something to think about.
Purchase that has been verified Fantastic book with in-depth understanding about Aghori, a whole fresh perspective on Aghori, and an eye-opener towards Aghori.
A Tibet House US Menla Online Conversation with Robert Svoboda – Ep. 265
The date is July 23, 2021. This extended episode features Professor Thurman in conversation with Dr. Robert E. Svoboda, a pioneer in Ayurveda, author, and translator, for an in-depth discussion on the inner and outer yogic sciences, as well as their respective experiences studying with adepts, yogis, and scholars from India, Tibet, and the Himalayas. An exploration of the history of holistic healing in the West and its relationship to Yoga, Ayurveda, and Tibetan Medicine; a discussion of the interrelationship of Vajrayana, tantra, and the ancient wisdom traditions of India, Tibet, China, Japan, and South East Asia; and personal accounts of their encounters with His Holiness the Fourteenth Dala Lama, Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Yeshi Dhonden, Geshe Wangyal, Currently the first Westerner to graduate from an Ayurvedic institution and be licensed to practice Ayurveda in India, Dr.
- Robert E.
- While undergoing and after completing his official Ayurvedic study, Robert was mentored by the Aghori Vimalananda, who taught him about Ayurveda, Yoga, Jyotish, Tantra, and other branches of traditional Indian knowledge.
- To discover more about Dr.
- With the kind support of its listening audience as well as the Tibet House US Menla membership group, the Bob Thurman podcast is published under a Creative Commons Non-Commercial, No Derivatives License.
Please see the following link to learn more about the perks of membership:. Trance Tibet” and “Dancing Ling” byTenzin Choegyalfrom the album’Heart Sutra'(2004) byEthno Super Lounge are featured on the Bob Thurman Podcast with permission from the artists, and all rights are retained.
The Planets: Exploring Our Relationship with Nine Archetypal Personalities
Anytime. This is a stand-alone course that may be completed at your own speed. You may begin, pause, and restart at any time that is convenient for you.
How long will it take me to complete the coursehow long will I have access to it?
Total number of real hours: 12.1; total number of university hours (50 minutes each hour) NAMA (TIA) PACE hours: 14.5; total NAMA (TIA) PACE hours: 13 (Only 9 TIW credits have been authorized for the 2018-2019 cycle.) This course has around 12 hours of content. It is possible that the course will take longer to finish. To get the most out of the content, we urge that you take your time and go over areas that are either very relevant to you or that are unclear after one hearing. You will have access to the course for a period of one year after the date on which you enrol.
Please refer to the section above under “Course Structure” for information on the length of the individual lessons.
What if I have questions?
Total number of real hours: 12.1; total number of university minutes per hour (50 minutes): Total NAMA (TIA) PACE hours worked: 14.5; total NAMA (TIA) PACE hours worked: 13 For the 2018-2019 cycle, just nine TIW credits were authorized. Approximately 12 hours of content is available. Completing the course, on the other hand, may take longer. To get the most out of the content, we urge that you take your time and go over areas that are particularly relevant to you or that are unclear after only one hearing.
This service may be extended for another year at a discount of 50% off the initial price, which works out to 50$ per month of access added on top of the original fee.
What if I have questions on course content? Will I have live access to Drs. WelchSvoboda?
If you have any issues about the course content as you progress through it and would want assistance, you may contact one of the following resources:
- It is possible to receive assistance if you have issues regarding course content as you progress through the course:
What if I need technical support?
If you have any issues about the course content as you progress through it and would need assistance, you have a couple of options:
Can I download the lessons?
No. This is a video course that may be seen online.
Are there any required textbooks?
Yes, at the end of the course, there is a 21-question quiz to take. There are no difficult questions here. The truth is that they are definitely un-tricky. All quiz questions address the stated goals for each subject, which are published at the end of each session. Every passing grade is 80 percent or above.
Can I have a certificate of completion?
Yes. Following your successful completion of both the course and quiz, you will be able to print a certificate that will include your name, the name of this course, and the amount of course hours you spent completing the course. Please make a copy of your certificate and put it somewhere safe before your access to the course is terminated. Although you may not want it right now, you may desire it later on. We will charge you $50 for this service if you do not download your certificate before your access to the course expires.
If you do not download your certificate before your access to the course expires, you may request it in the future; however, we may no longer have access to it, and even if we do, it will take some fiddling and time to get one for and to you.
Where can I find answers to questions about the legality of practicing Ayurveda, about certification, or NAMA issues?
Please review the links below for more information about NAMA, legal requirements, and our courses.
Does this course fulfill the requirements for CEUs for licensed health care practitioners that are not Ayurvedic professionals?
At this time, we are not pre-approved CEU providers for health care professionals other than those in the discipline of ayurveda (traditional Indian medicine). You will, however, receive a certificate of completion, which will include the title of the course, your name, and the number of hours spent in the course. This may or may not be sufficient for the organization that requires your continuing education credits. We invite you to contact your organization to explore what we may do to help you acquiring CEU credits for Dr.
It is possible that you require extra documents, in which case we would be pleased to assist you with this for a minimal cost.
If you have any queries concerning this, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
What is your refund policy?
As of right now, we are not pre-approved CEU providers for any health-care professions other than those in the field of yurveda. You will, however, receive a certificate of completion, which will include the title of the course, your name, and the number of hours spent in the course (if applicable). You should check with the organization that requires your CEUs to ensure that this is adequate. If you are interested in receiving CEU credits for Dr. Welch’s seminars, we invite you to contact your organization to find out what we can do to assist you.
Which paperwork you would want would determine the amount of that modest cost.
Is there an option for financing?
When purchasing the course, citizens of the United States can make advantage of the PayPal funding option. If you pay within 6 months, the PayPal financing option has no payments and no interest to worry about (subject to PayPal credit approval). The interest rate would increase to 19.99 percent after the first six months. In order to select this option, proceed through the checkout process until you reach the PayPal page, where you will have the choice of paying with your own credit card, your PayPal account, or PayPal Credit.
If you haven’t done so previously, PayPal will ask you a few questions to determine your creditworthiness before authorizing your payment.
Please mind, however, that in order to qualify for the zero-interest rate, you must pay as much as you can at the conclusion of the six-month period.
Robert E. Svoboda
Svoboda is the first Westerner to graduate from a college of Ayurveda and be certified to practice Ayurveda in India. He has the title of Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). While completing his formal Ayurvedic studies and earning a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery degree, he was mentored by the Aghori Vimalananda, who taught him Ayurveda, yoga, jyotisha, tantra, and other kinds of traditional Indian wisdom during and after his formal Ayurvedic training.
Besides being the author of more than a dozen publications, he has also taught as an adjunct professor at the Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Bastyr University in Kenmore, Washington, among other institutions. More information on this presenter’s work may be found at:
- A Planetary Guide to Sheltering in Place: What to Do If the Weather Turns Bad According to Vedic Astrology, what to do, eat, and wear are all important considerations. If you’re feeling a bit lost as a result of your self-imposed exile, Jyotish (also known as Vedic astrology) can help you get back on track by following the instructions of the day’s ruling planet. Ayurvedic Perspective on Chocolate and Ojas: A Celebration of Chocolate Through the Lens of Ayurveda Dr. Lauren Gernady, of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda, discusses why dark chocolate is beneficial to our health and gives her recipe for Lime Coconut Vegan Truffles. Being Awake to the Changes of the Seasons: Using Ayurveda to Align with Nature in the Age of Climate Change How do we keep up with what’s going on in the outside world when we’re always astonished by what the weather has in store for us? Anna Levesque answers some questions about teaching yoga on the water. Yoga teacher Anna Levesque discusses the skills—and the surrender—that help her students go from the mat to a paddleboard. Levesque is an international paddling, yoga, and Ayurvedic health coach. The Transformation of a Mother from Trauma to a Path of Healing Lorraine Cannatta is a guest blogger for this post. My choice to study Ayurveda was prompted by a traumatic experience in my family. They came to see me because my son Jacob, together with his wife and daughter, had come to see me. In which direction do you like to sleep? It is important, according to Ayurveda. Following the Hindu tradition of vastu shastra (feng shui), the direction in which your head points as you sleep is important. How to Break Bad Habits Using Ayurvedic Principles Why is it that we frequently know what we should do (go to bed early, meditate, exercise), but we don’t follow through on those recommendations? And we are aware of what we should not do, but we continue to do it
Dr. Robert Svoboda, MD, Gastroenterology Specialist – Little Rock, AR
INFORMATION ON IMPORTANT SAFETY CONDITIONS TELARA ® is a prescription medication that works by interfering with your immune system. STELARA ® can raise your risk of experiencing major adverse effects, such as the following: Infections That Are Serious In some cases, STELARA ® may impair your capacity to fight infections and may raise your chances of contracting infections. While using STELARA ®, some patients develop serious infections that may necessitate hospitalization. These infections include tuberculosis (TB), infections caused by bacteria, fungus, or viruses, and infections caused by other microorganisms.
- A TB test should be performed before to starting STELARA ®, and your doctor should monitor you regularly for signs and symptoms of TB while you are receiving STELARA ® therapy. You may be treated for tuberculosis (TB) before and throughout your treatment with STELARA ® if your doctor believes you are at risk for the disease.
If you have any type of infection, you should not begin taking STELARA ® until your doctor gives you the green light to do so.
Before starting STELARA ®, tell your doctor if you:
- Have signs of an illness such as the following or suspect you have an infection:
- Coughing up blood in phlegm, weight loss, and warm, red, or painful skin or sores on your body are all symptoms of meningitis. Burning sensation after urinating or urinating more frequently than usual
- Diarrhea or stomach ache I’m feeling quite fatigued
- Any open wounds or infections that are being treated
- Are being treated for an infection suffer from frequent infections or from illnesses that recur on a regular basis
- Have tuberculosis, or have been in close contact with someone who has tuberculosis
If you have any signs or symptoms of an infection after taking STELARA ®, contact your doctor immediately (see above). The presence of these symptoms may indicate an infection, such as a chest infection, skin infection, or shingles, which might lead to significant problems. STELARA TM might increase your risk of contracting an infection or make an existing illness worse if used with other medications. Certain dangerous infections that can spread throughout the body and cause death are more likely to occur in people who have a genetic issue in which the body does not produce any of the proteins interleukin 12 (IL12) and interleukin 23 (IL23).
- Cancers Taking STELARA ® may cause your immune system to become less active, which may raise your chance of developing certain forms of cancer.
- STELARA ® has been associated with the development of certain forms of skin cancer in patients who had risk factors for skin cancer prior to receiving the medication.
- Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome is a kind of reversible encephalopathy (PRES) PRES is a rare neurological disorder that affects the brain and has the potential to cause death.
- The majority of patients recover if PRES is detected and treated early.
- Allergic Reactions That Are Serious It is possible to have severe allergic responses.
- Lung inflammation is a medical condition that occurs when the lungs become inflamed.
It is possible that these lung issues will necessitate hospitalization. In the event that you have shortness of breath or a cough that does not go away during treatment with STELARA ®, contact your doctor immediately.
Before receiving STELARA ®, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have you ever experienced an adverse response to STELARA ®or any of its ingredients? If you have any of the illnesses or symptoms indicated above for severe infections, malignancies, or PRES, you should consult your doctor. If you are unsure or believe you may be allergic to latex, see your doctor. If you have just had or are due to get a vaccination, the latex in the needle cover of the prefilled syringe should be avoided (vaccine). Live vaccinations should not be administered to those who are taking STELARA®. Inform your doctor if you believe someone in your household need a live immunization. The viruses used in some types of live vaccinations have the potential to transmit to persons who have a weaker immune system, resulting in significant complications. It is recommended that you do not receive the BCG vaccine during the one year period before receiving STELARA ® or during the one year period following the cessation of STELARA ® if you have any new or changing lesions within psoriasis areas or on normal skin
- Are receiving or have received allergy shots, especially for serious allergic reactions
- Are receiving or have received phototherapy for your psoriasis
- Or are pregnant or intend to become pregnant. It is not known whether STELARA ® can cause damage to your unborn child. You and your doctor should decide whether or not you will get STELARA ®, if you are nursing or want to breastfeed, and how long you will breastfeed. It is believed that STELARA ® enters into your breast milk
- Thus, consult your doctor about the best approach to feed your infant if you are given STELARA ® treatment.
Include all medications you are taking, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements in your consultation with your doctor. Make a list of the medications you take. Store them somewhere safe to show your doctor and pharmacist whenever you receive a new medication.
When prescribed STELARA ®:
- STELARA ®should be used exactly as prescribed by your doctor
- STELARA ®is designed for use only under the advice and supervision of your physician. A healthcare professional should deliver STELARA ® to children 6 years of age and older, according to current recommendations. As soon as your doctor determines that you or a caregiver will be able to administer your STELARA ® injections at home, you should get training on the proper manner to prepare and administer STELARA ®. Your doctor will establish the appropriate dose of STELARA ® for you, as well as the quantity to be injected into each injection site and how frequently you should get it. Continue to refrain from attempting to inject STELARA® yourself until you or a caregiver has been instructed how to inject STELARA® by your doctor or nurse
Nasal congestion, sore throat, and runny nose are all common side effects of STELARA ®. Other side effects include: upper respiratory infections, fever, headache, fatigue, itching, nausea and vomiting, redness at the injection site, yeast infections in the vaginal area, urinary tract infections, sinus infection, bronchitis, diarrhea, stomach pain, and joint pain. STELARA ® may cause a variety of adverse effects, which are not all included here. Inform your doctor if you have any adverse effects that you are experiencing.
Please click here to view the complete Prescribing Information and Medication Guide for STELARA ® and consult with your doctor if you have any more questions.
To contact the FDA, dial 1 800 FDA 1088.cp-124932v3.
#56 – Keen on Yoga Podcast with Dr. Robert Svoboda
Welcome to the Keen on Yoga Podcast with Dr. Robert Svoboda, the first Westerner ever to graduate from an Ayurvedic institution and be certified to practice Ayurveda in India. Dr. Svoboda is the host of the Keen on Yoga Podcast. Following his official Ayurvedic studies, he continued to get instruction from his master, the Aghori Vimalananda. He received instruction in Ayurveda as well as yoga, jyotish, tantra, and other kinds of ancient Indian learning. He is the author of twelve books, the most recent of which is Prakriti: Your Ayurvedic Constitution, as well as the Aghora series, which details his experiences with his guru between 1975 and 1983.
Svoboda was born in 1953 in the state of Texas.
in Chemistry from the University of Oklahoma, with a minor in French as well.
He stayed in this house from 1973 to 1980 and again from 1982 until 1986.
When he finished his final year of studies at the Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, he was nominated for and received all but one of the University of Poona’s honors for Ayurvedic academic distinction.
Doctor Svoboda worked for the Aghori Vimalananda as his Authorized Racing Agent at the Royal Western India Turf Club in Bombay and Poona between 1975 and 1985, and he was a member of the Aghori Vimalananda’s racing stable.
Since 1986, Dr.
He is frequently invited to talk on Ayurveda, Jyotish, Tantra, and related subjects in a variety of settings across the world. On the Schedule page, you can find out where he will be speaking next.