Your Ultimate Guide To Finding A Teacher In India
Subscribe to Outside+ now to get unique access to all of our content, including sequences, instructor tips, video lessons, and much more.
Traveling to the birthplace of yoga can be a rewarding experience—if you think ahead about what you’re really looking for while finding a teacher.
Yoga practitioners in the United States long for the opportunity to study with a master yoga teacher in India, where the discipline originated—perhaps at a peaceful ashram nestled among the mountains. I had been mulling over this concept for a long time, and this summer I decided to give it a shot and see how it turned out! Recently, I’ve spent the better part of a month traveling around Northern India, attending yoga courses and conversing with other yogis who have spent months in various ashrams and workshops.
It is true that the Indian subcontinent is home to a large number of yoga instructors.
There are hundreds, probably thousands, of teachers dispersed across vast distances, and there is no one handbook that tells you who is who among them.
If your yoga objectives are less specific, you can still locate a reputable teacher; you simply need to be prepared to spend significantly more time on the road.
Decide What You Want
In general, there are two approaches that foreign yogis use when attempting to connect with a guru in India. Some people organize targeted yoga retreats, while others prefer to explore. It is critical for everybody, but especially for individuals with specific objectives and/or limited time, to conduct thorough research before purchasing an airline ticket. Consider the possibility that you’d want to study at the B.K.S. Iyengar Institute in Pune, where you’d have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best professors in the field.
- Moreover, while there are several yoga centers around the country that do have places available for drop-in students, many of them fill up quickly during the peak season (which varies from place to place, depending on the weather, but is generally between November and March).
- Fortunately, certain places are well-known for housing a large number of yoga instructors, many of whom have excellent reputations.
- Whether you want to narrow your focus or broaden your horizons, you may start by looking at some of the cities that have a large number of yoga teachers.
- However, at any of these locations, you’ll find hundreds of other visitors vying for the same available space.
- If you’re searching for a peaceful yoga holiday, though, wandering around such crowded and hectic cities may be difficult to accomplish.
The majority of tourists report that it takes two or three weeks of unsettling seeking before they discover a comfortable ashram with a guru in whom they have confidence. Also see 13 Yoga-Friendly Resorts for Your Next Vacation for more ideas.
Ask for Advice
One of the most dependable methods for finding the correct instructor is to speak with other tourists, just as you would speak with other yoga practitioners at home to identify the most appropriate studio. Despite the fact that I knew very nothing about the yoga scene before being in Dharmsala, other yogis provided me with invaluable information on the top Iyengar, Sivananda, and Ashtanga instructors in the area within just two days of my arrival. Learning from other people’s experiences and failures is an excellent approach to gain useful information quickly, which is especially important while traveling by foot.
Always Be Careful
We should also mention a few precautions to be aware of. One thing I’ve noticed is that many of the yoga instructors I’ve worked with in India (including those teaching Iyengar classes) have a much looser sense of accuracy in alignment than I’m used to in my American yoga sessions. They have a distinctly different notion of what is safe and healthy for them to consume. When working with instructors whose first language is not English, bridging the cultural gap can often be a question of translation as much as communication.
Another piece of advice: there will always be a few people who will take advantage of India’s reputation as a spiritual sanctuary in order to make money off of foreigners who are searching for the ultimate yoga experience in the country.
Occasionally, things can get more sinister, and hence it is vital to exercise additional caution, particularly for ladies traveling alone.
And I’ve heard other accounts, including ones about post-yoga embraces that were mostly innocuous but nevertheless unwanted and unnecessarily personal.
Allow Yourself To Be Surprised
After putting aside the cautionary notes, it is well worth the effort to locate a qualified teacher in India. Meeting instructors from various yoga traditions has been a wonderful experience for me, and I’m gaining a huge lot of knowledge from observing how different Indian yogis approach the practice. When you’re not in a classroom, the experience of traveling itself may be a wonderful opportunity to work on your yoga-inspired life goals: patience and compassion are often challenged and stretched when on a foreign vacation.
In the end, I may be the most important guru I have—and learning to trust myself more as I receive information from instructors all around the globe is possibly the most direct road toward improvement I will ever find.
Sometimes it takes traveling halfway around the world to realize that you already have all you need right in front of you. See alsoA Yogi’s Travel Guide to India for more information. a little about our author Rachel Brahinsky is a writer and yoga instructor who lives in San Francisco.
Rina Jakubowicz’s 15-Year Journey to Find Her Teacher in India
Subscribe to Outside+ now to get unique access to all of our content, including sequences, instructor tips, video lessons, and much more.
In this series of posts, YJ contributors share their experiences of yoga in its birthplace. If you’ve considered traveling to India to practice, to find your teacher, or to find yourself, learn more here weekly about what you can—and can’t—expect.
In India, it is simple to find someone with whom to engage in “yoga.” Many self-described swamis, yogis, and gurus may be found teaching at yoga studios, temples, and centers all across the United States. Finding your teacher, a fully enlightened soul, on the other hand, is like discovering a diamond in the midst of coal. Discovering a diamond in the dust is like discovering a diamond in the sand in India.
My Journey to Find My Teacher
In total, it took me 15 years and several frustrating encounters with cubic zirconias before I finally discovered my diamond last year. But it wasn’t until then that I realized I’d been mentally preparing myself for him the whole time. My first journey to India, in 2007, was a life-changing experience. It was my honeymoon, and we made a stop at Sai Baba’s temple in Whitefield as our first (and only) planned trip in India. I was instantly disgusted by the way people treated one another as they attempted to get closer to him.
- I instructed the small girl to come sit next to me so that her mother could take over my seat at the table.
- I departed with the hope that my ex-husband shared my sentiments.
- The two of us decided to take a train to Mysore, where I had intended to train with Pattabhi Jois, but due to the short time span of our stay (a few days), we were not permitted to do so by the local authorities.
- During those few days, he taught me so much that I continue to use what I learned from him in my profession today.
- Yoga Festival in India: Tommy Rosen, also available online.
- Parthasarathy through a pre-recorded video lecture that my partner, Eric Paskel, shared with me in December 2013.
- Parthasarathy is a spiritual teacher who lives in India.
- The genuineness and integrity I had been seeking for had finally been discovered.
Everything he stated was logical, accurate, and sincere, and it was simple to comprehend. There will be no bells and whistles. There will be no flowery language or accessories. Simply said, he is a simple man who speaks basic facts.
The Proof Is In the Path
A real seeker, I needed to be certain that my first intuitive sensation was accurate, so I studied his lectures and writings until I finally met him in April 2014, while on my second journey to India, in the Indian capital of New Delhi. Although it was originally intended to serve as a retreat with another instructor, that trip ended up forcing me to reevaluate many of my life decisions, which was both devastating and powerful in the end. When I was looking for another instructor, I practically had to let go of one (and $2500) to get the other.
- The Vedanta Academy’s emphasis is on strengthening one’s intellect in order to find one’s actual Self via the application of ancient yogic teachings, which are taught at the school.
- The goal is to force the individual to dig inside for solutions.
- Despite the fact that the lessons helped me grow for 15 years, the deep-seated sense of “there has to be something more” and “there is something missing here” remained with me throughout my life.
- And the strong, muscular, and flexible physique that I had developed over the previous 15 years serves me well on my ongoing quest.
- He is my spiritual guide.
“When the student is ready, the master will appear.”
In my experience, the well-known Buddhist aphorism, “When the learner is ready, the master will emerge,” has shown to be true in my case. Whatever stage of your journey you are in and whatever you are naturally inclined to (yoga, philosophy, service, etc.), you will attract the most appropriate instructor for you through the law of attraction. Never, ever follow someone blindly, however. Observe and question them about their practices and teachings, as well as about their pupils and the people in their community.
See alsoFinding Your Purpose Using Shraddha and Dharma for more information.
Rina Jakubowiczi is a yoga instructor and Reiki practitioner living in Florida who is fluent in both English and Spanish.
She also teaches at events across the world, including Yoga Journal LIVE.
Testimonials I had never been to a nation outside of Europe before. Even though I’d seen videos of Sadhguru and the ashram before visiting, the ambiance in person was indescribably beautiful. Because of all of the new experiences, it was necessary for me to take it easy for the first few days. However, as the days went by, I began to observe that the ashram and I were getting along really well together. The Dhyanalinga and Linga Bhairavi, in particular, made significant contributions to this.
- Slowly but steadily, I began to feel myself in a manner that I hadn’t felt for a long time.
- When I breathe again, I feel myself in my body again, walking and seeing and feeling things for the first time since I was a child.
- For the first time in a very long time, I felt completely at ease with myself.
- — Bianca, a resident of the Netherlands Making the decision to come to Isha was the finest one I’ve ever made, and I’ve never been happier in my whole life until now.
- The point is, I’ve discovered something truly priceless and wonderful in this place.
- I’m discovering things about myself that I had no idea I didn’t know.
- I’m not sure where this is going, but for the time being, everything is just how it should be, and it’s all because to Sadhguru.
A part of me that has always been there connects with what occurs here at Isha; everything comes so naturally to me – humility, grace, kindness, compassion, generosity – and everything comes so readily to everyone else.
It was both wonderful and tough to spend each hour of learning time, much like a seed must burst open in order for a plant to flourish.
— Amanda from the United Kingdom There were several health benefits for me as a result of this experience.
My general fitness, as well as my flexibility, strength, and vibrancy, has significantly improved.
They only need to be put into practice, and the outcome is certain.
I don’t need any additional health and well-being ideas or theories to be satisfied.
— Vijay, from the United States It’s incredible to witness such a diverse collection of individuals, regardless of their nationality, age, fitness level, or religious origins, come together and work together to achieve their objectives in a pleasant manner.
Beyond practicing Hatha Yoga in its purest form, we will include seminars on Science Celeste, Indian traditional medicine, and how food can play a significant part in healthy living and illness prevention, among other topics.
The information is also so powerful that it pushes us on all levels in order to achieve the transformation that we are attempting.
Many elements of my life have been altered as a result of the extremely strong practices.
That said, what has moved me most is the way in which the professors and volunteers have thrown themselves into their roles as our guides.
One cannot help but become completely immersed in this process. I am really grateful to you. — Hera from the United States Articles that are related
How to Find your Yoga Teaching Niche
At a time when yoga was mostly practiced in India, I doubt that anyone was thinking about teaching niches or the perfect customer profile. You just engaged in yoga practice with a qualified instructor, and that was the end of it. Although we have distinct requirements than those of our fellow humans in India, we do yoga for a variety of reasons that are not always the same as those of our fellow humans in India. It enables you to concentrate, develop clarity, and arrange your instruction far more effectively than if you were attempting to serve everyone with a wide range of abilities.
- It enables you to concentrate, develop clarity, and arrange your instruction far more effectively than if you were attempting to serve everyone with a wide range of abilities.
- You’ll naturally attract students who want to stay with you because they connect with your style of teaching when you identify your yoga teaching specialty.
- You will know how to communicate with them and pass on the beautiful practice of yoga that you have discovered.
- Here are a few pointers to assist you in putting your finger on the problem.
Your unique skills + unique passions + yoga = your yoga niche
To identify our niche, we must first comprehend what it means to have a niche in the first place. The fact that we repeat a phrase more than once does not imply that it gets more significant. Simply defined, your specialty as a yoga instructor is the lens through which you choose to teach your courses and the types of ancillary services that you wish to provide. As you can see, it has three critical components:
- Yoga as a practice, which does not always imply the practice of asana. Yoga has a plethora of facets to investigate, such as its philosophy, meditation, and pranayama practices, among others. To be a yoga teacher, you are not required to teach asanas every week or even at a studio
- Instead, you can teach wherever you like. Describe your particular abilities, which may not necessarily have to be directly related to yoga. For example, you could have a keen sense of spatial awareness, a wicked sense of humour, or a meticulous attention to detail. Passions that are unique to you, such as a drive to learn about biomechanics, a fondness for video editing, or a strong affinity for the country of Sweden.
Let’s put the examples mentioned above:
- Meditation combined with a keen eye for detail combined with a passion for Sweden equals taking your students on a deep exploration of Sweden through the practice of meditation
- Yoga philosophy combined with a sense of humour and a passion for video production results in entertaining and informative video material about the ancient concept of yoga
- An easy to comprehend science-based approach to asana is the result of combining asana with a strong sense of space and an interest in biomechanics.
The practice of meditation combined with a meticulous eye for detail and a passion for Sweden equals taking your students on a comprehensive discovery tour of Sweden. Yogic philosophy + good humor + an interest in video production = entertaining and instructive video material about the ancient concept of yoga; An easy to comprehend science-based approach to asana is the result of combining asana with a strong sense of place and an interest in biomechanics.
Inspire yourself from your favorite yoga teachers
We may draw inspiration from what is presently available to us in order to better comprehend what a niche is. This list includes some of the yoga instructors I know and admire for using their interests and abilities to teach yoga in the most effective way they know how, and for working with students who appreciate their efforts as much as they do.
- The author, Ché Dyer, is a yoga teacher and graphic designer who combines her creative mind with her love of yoga and her expertise in graphic design to bring a unique viewpoint on creativity and yoga practice in this podcast. As a result, her instruction is rich, colorful, and quirky, and it provides the most value to those who choose to work creatively and practice yoga in this manner. In his dual role as a yoga instructor and a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr Yogi Gare brings together his extensive understanding of the human body and its mechanics, as well as his ability to communicate things effectively, with the ancient practice of yoga. His sense of humour puts it all together to establish a voice and a niche that is all his own and incredibly useful to the company. Luvena Rangelis an Indian yoga instructor with a strong interest in anatomy as well as a strong sense of justice and ethical principles. She pushes for yoga that is not only physically sound, but also inclusive of people of different backgrounds, shapes, sizes, colors, and other characteristics. The way she teaches yoga, both on and off the mat, enables students who may not look like the stereotypical Western yogi to feel accepted, to have the tools they need to advocate for themselves as yogis, and to think outside of the box.
In our world, there are countless outstanding instructors who provide meaning to the practice of yoga not just by teaching it, but also by teaching it in a way that reaches the hearts and minds of their students on a deep level. If they kept their particular interests and abilities to themselves and did not share them with others outside of their employment as yoga instructors, their effect would be substantially greater. Another thing that these yoga instructors have in common is a thorough awareness of the difficulties, obstacles, and problems that emerge for their pupils when it comes to practicing the art of yoga.
Identifying the requirements you can satisfy once you’ve recognized your abilities and hobbies is another part that’s critical to understanding your niche and figuring out where you fit in.
Find the problems and struggles you can help with
Knowing and understanding the yogis you want to assist will make it much simpler for you to reach out and help them. Not only will you be able to assist them with answers to their issues, but you will also be able to connect with them on a human-to-human level (rather than simply on a teacher-to-student level) since you will understand their emotional difficulties. Think about yourself as if you were one of your pupils and consider the sources of their difficulties, including what makes them angry and unhappy, but also what gives them confidence, happiness, and excitement.
- Ché Dyer empowers her pupils to create room for their own creativity while also holding them accountable by offering a platform for yoga and creativity. She arranges challenges, provides suggestions for creativity, and does a variety of other things. The problem of time and inaction is solved by making it simple for people to sit down and become creative
- Dr YogiGare shares his extensive understanding of the human body with yoga practitioners and instructors in a funny and approachable manner. For individuals who are interested in learning more about how to practice and teach better, but do not have the financial resources, time or other resources to further their education, he makes tough subject easily accessible and understandable. He, like Ché, makes it easier for pupils to get access to the knowledge they need. In addition, LuvenaRangel allows students and teachers who may not feel accepted in the present yoga venue to continue practicing and teaching without feeling self-conscious about their appearance or voice. She encourages her fellow Indian instructors by giving them a voice and encouraging them to speak up about the concerns and challenges they face as a result of the way yoga is practiced in our contemporary environment.
What all three teachers have in common is that they are acutely aware of the issues that their pupils are experiencing and do not just set out to make them “feel better.” They choose a single point of view and adhere to it, therefore effectively meeting the demands of their students. Of course, not everyone is interested in what they have to offer, but those who stand to gain from their services are enthusiastic.
Final Note: Don’t be afraid to think outside the box
In the beginning of my career as a yoga instructor, I had a lot of ideas about how I wanted my courses to appear, what I wanted to write about on my website, and what I wanted to promote on social media. But there was a part of me that questioned the validity of these ideas. I found myself thinking, but is it even considered yoga by some? There are several ways in which we can individually contribute to making yoga more accessible to everyone, and the most effective way to do so is to be clear about our own abilities and to put those strengths to work for those who are most in need.
- Our attention improves when we meditate, practice pranayama, do yoga poses, or study yoga philosophy, among other things.
- After all, one of the goals of asana is to assist us in developing a sense of connection with oneself so that we can sit quietly in meditation.
- There are several ways in which we can individually contribute to making yoga more accessible to everyone, and the most effective way to do so is to be clear about our own abilities and to put those strengths to work for those who are most in need.
- Allow ideas and concepts to emerge naturally over time, and don’t put any pressure on yourself to have all of the answers right now.
- Your yoga company has the ability to make a significant and positive difference in the lives of your students.
- Momoyoga is offering a 30-day free trial.
She believes that words have the ability to alter our perceptions of the world and ourselves. When she isn’t writing, she enjoys reading, watching, riding, dancing, and planning her next vacation, among other activities.
Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) India: RYS 200, 300 & 500.
Yoga Teacher Training Course in India for 200 hours Learn how to teach yoga in a clear and sophisticated manner while also expanding your yogic understanding. Breath of Gyan Yog Visiting a Yoga Ashram—Learning, Connecting, and GrowingInspirePreviousNext Gymnas Yog Breath is a one-of-a-kind and tranquil yoga ashram in Rishikesh, India, that provides Yoga Alliance-certified 200, 300, and 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) programs in India and online. It comprises of a group of 10 highly skilled and experienced practitioners, Masters of Yoga, and PhDs who have been passing on the ancient wisdom of yoga for over two decades.
Swami Bipin Gyan Ji, the school’s creator and spiritual leader, is at the center of everything.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Consider taking the first step toward a rewarding career as an inspirational yoga instructor. This 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training will allow you to enhance your yoga practice while also assisting you in discovering your own unique teaching style. Our graduates leave us as self-assured and joyful individuals, ready to pass on their knowledge to others in their communities. As part of the yoga teacher training program, you will meet like-minded individuals and be encouraged to express your true self.
No matter what your initial intentions were, you can be certain that you will achieve inner harmony and learn how to integrate your body, mind, and spirit.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Improve your teaching abilities and fine-tune your individual expression as a spontaneous yoga instructor by attending this workshop. – This 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training program is.
Fertility Yoga Teacher Training
A Fertility Yoga Teacher Training in India will prepare you to work with women and couples who are attempting to conceive or who are dealing with infertility difficulties on a regular basis. Acquire in-depth information about.
As international Yoga Teacher Training Centre
We are situated across the street from the Tiger National Park and the sacred Ganges River. With a captivating view and pleasant and comfortable high-standard accommodation, our yoga ashram is a genuine oasis of tranquility where you can rest and immerse yourself fully in your yoga practice. We cultivate our own fruits here, and you are invited to rest in the garden whenever you like.
Emotional Blockage Treatment
We are the only school in the world that provides both the optional Emotional Blockage TM Treatment Course and a Yoga Teacher Training program at the same time.
The Emotional Blockage® Treatment is a therapeutic technique that helps to alleviate accumulated trauma and pain by unlocking trapped energy and releasing it. You will be able to feel significantly lighter and your energy flow will be at its peak once more!
International Recognition and Support
All of our Yoga Teacher Training courses are registered with and certified by the Yoga Alliance. Once you have completed the course, you will be able to call yourself a globally recognized yoga instructor, allowing you to seek employment anywhere in the world without restriction. We can assist our German students in obtaining a health insurance cooperative through which they can be covered.
EARLY BIRD 399$ DISCOUNT FOR A LIMITED TIME
- Ayurveda plays an important role at Gyan Yog Breath: we follow an ayurvedic diet and provide you with a free ayurvedic consultation at the beginning of your stay to assist you in detoxing and achieving optimum health
- We also provide you with a free ayurvedic consultation at the beginning of your stay to help you detox and achieve optimum health
- We instruct students in the breathing techniquePower of Transformation Meditation, which was developed by Swami Bipin Gyan during his years of meditation in seclusion. Our management and teachers are fluent in many languages: You will be able to message and communicate in English, German, French, Spanish, and Hindi for a more comprehensive knowledge
- We assist you in gaining a clear vision, willpower, and a balanced personality, among other things. Our instructors equip you with excellent tools for teaching and improving yourself, both individually and as a group. Prior to your visit, we will send you up to six course books in PDF format so that you may prepare at home. This will assist you in becoming more familiar with the themes and subjects of the course as well as immersing yourself in the vibe of the Yoga Teacher Training program. We encourage your continued communication with us after you have completed your course. We would be delighted to assist you in acquiring a job by preparing a reference statement for you and answering your queries
- The majority of our students like returning to us after completing their Yoga Teacher Training
- Many of them choose to enroll in another continuing education course with us since they are really content and happy. Panch – the Creativity School for Slum Children in Rishikesh is a partner organization with whom our yoga school has formed a collaboration. The free yoga classes that our Yoga Teacher Training students provide for these youngsters are a lot of fun. It’s an excellent opportunity to learn more about realkarma yoga. We teach the ancient knowledge of yoga, but we are also forward-thinking in our vision and communication methods. As a result of our knowledge of Western teaching methods, we have designed dynamic and diverse sessions that will push you while providing you with the right blend of East and West
Feedback from our Yoga Teacher Training students
Our fundamental Yoga Teacher Training (200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India) is appropriate for students at every level, from beginning to intermediate. Gyan Yog Breath welcomes students of all levels, including those who are absolutely new to yoga. The sole prerequisite for enrolling in a yoga teacher training program is a genuine desire and commitment to learning about and practicing yoga. The fundamental course is designed to provide the following benefits:
- A thorough comprehension of yoga from beginning to end
- A yoga practice that is both grounded and health-promoting
- Teaching techniques that are current and effective in creating safe and balanced lessons for yourself and others
Please keep in mind that the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course may be completed entirely online, and that it is also suitable for beginnershere. Gyan Yog Breath is a traditional yoga studio that teaches Hatha Yoga, which is also known as classical yoga. This is the original style of yoga, and it will assist you in building a strong and stable basis for your practice. By incorporating the fundamentals of yoga, you will be able to teach any yoga style with ease in the future. In particular, our courses concentrate on learning the underlying meanings of each asana and yogic method, interpreting the Sanskrit vocabulary, and dispelling common misunderstandings about yoga today.
As a recognized yoga teacher training school, we make it a priority to maintain a very high level of teaching quality and training for our students.
- Yoga may be taught lawfully in your home country. Being certified to teach yoga on a global scale is a great accomplishment. Obtaining job or traveling while teaching yoga in another country
For yoga instructors, we offer a number of continuing education programs that will assist you in developing your yoga practice and understanding, as well as your ability to teach to certain audiences. Gyan Yog Breath offers the following courses that you may take if you are a qualified yoga teacher:
- Yoga Teacher Training in India for therapeutic 300-hour training
- Yoga Teacher Training in India
- Ayurveda Counseling Course in India
- Fertility Yoga Teacher Training in India
- 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training online
- Yoga Teacher Certification in Pranayama
If you have already completed a Gyan Yog Breath training program, you are eligible to earn a discount on all of the trainings listed above. As a participant, you may expect to embark on a transformational journey, re-discover your full self, and learn how to incorporate the ancient and therapeutic principles of Yoga into your daily life. You will be able to let go of previous pain, confusion, and anxieties while also rejuvenating, re-connecting, and de-stressing yourself at the same time. While the yogic journey is unique to each individual, there is one thing we can guarantee: the combination of detoxifying techniques, sattvic (pure) meals, ayurvedic consultation, daily asana practice, yoga philosophy classes, and yogic rituals will have a heart-opening, body-balancing, and mind-calming effect on your body and mind.
How Can I Reserve my Spot?
The date is December 2, 2021. The date is November 14, 2021. The date is October 17, 2021.
Best Yoga Teacher Training Courses in India to Transform Your Life
Whether you’ve been practicing yoga for a long and want to go further into your practice, or you want to pursue a career as a yoga teacher, you might wonder where you should go to learn more about the practice in depth. Participating in a yoga teacher training course in India, the birthplace of yoga, provides an opportunity to study from the top gurus in the world. And while such an event would undoubtedly impact your life, visiting this Asian nation might be a daunting experience for travelers from the West.
- » Check out this article: Yoga Retreat in India – 6 Things You Should Know Before You Go Having gained a better understanding of the culture, it’s time to pick a location for your teacher training course.
- The styles, on the other hand, differ according on the location and the instructors.
- Example: If you wish to be completely immersed in all parts of yoga, both on and off the mat, you’ll most certainly love training in Rishikesh (India).
- » Continue reading: Where Can You Get Your Yoga Teacher Training in India?
- In order to assist you in finding the most appropriate program, we have compiled a list of the best yoga teacher training courses in India.
- Sollten you be unable to travel on the dates booked, we would be pleased to assist you in making changes to your reservation with the same organizer or with a different organizer.
8 Day 85-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh
- Price: starting at US$800 for seven nights. Available at all times of the year
- Rishikesh is the location. All levels of instruction are available. Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (CEP) certification
Do you want to obtain a thorough understanding of the concept and practice of Yin Yoga but only have a limited amount of time available? This continuing education course is an excellent alternative for anybody interested in learning more about the practice of Yin Yoga. It is appropriate for participants of all levels. In Rishikesh, in the Himalayan foothills and within walking distance of the River Ganges, you’ll be staying at Adi Yogpeeth, a yoga retreat in the heart of the city. In addition to being private, all rooms offer an en-suite bathroom with both hot and cold running water.
- An introduction to Yin Yoga, YinYang practice, Hatha Yoga, Yoga Nidra (meditation), workshops on bodily meridians, mudras (finger positions), bandsha (bandhas), sound therapy, and other topics are included in the course.
- and concludes at 9 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- You’ll see an old Himalayan temple as well as the cave of Sage Vashishta Ji.
- Throughout the course, participants will be given with three daily vegetarian meals, filtered water, and an endless supply of purifying herbal teas.
Please make your flight reservations to Jolly Grant Airport (DED), since the airport shuttle is included in the price of the package. An alternative option is to arrive at Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) in Delhi and pay an additional fee for the transportation. carousel,
23 Day 200 Hour Multi-Style Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- Price: US$1,450 for 22 nights
- Starting at US$1,450. Available at all times of the year
- Rishikesh is the location. Beginning to intermediate level of instruction
- Yoga Alliance certification is required.
During a 200-hour teacher training course in Rishikesh, participants will have the opportunity to learn new skills and make lifelong memories. What is it about it that makes it so special? It is being translated into Italian at the same time. This spiritual trip, which is appropriate for students of all levels, will guide you on a path to enlightenment, assisting you in your quest to become a great teacher. In the Hotel Laxmi Palace, you’ll be accommodated in a private room that has an en-suite bathroom with a western toilet and hot shower, as well as a balcony with a view of the mountains.
- You’ll learn more about the yoga world, grow spiritually and physically, and increase your ability to teach in your own unique style.
- and concludes at 9 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Included in this package are a sound healing session, a dancing lesson, an astronomy session, as well as a yoga mat and a mala (Indian mantra necklace).
- The price includes three daily fresh vegetarian meals prepared on site.
- Because the transfer is included in the ticket, please make your flight reservations to Jolly Grant Airport (DED).
- What are the benefits of completing a Yoga Teacher Training program in Rishikesh?
28 Day 200-Hour Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga Teacher Training at Stunning Varkala Beach, Kerala
- Price: US$1,320 for 27 nights, starting at $1,320. From December 2021, the product will be available. Kerala is the location. Instructing at all levels of difficulty Yoga Alliance certification is required.
Are you ready to go on a life-changing journey? It is possible to combine two old traditional systems of yoga in this 200-hour certified yoga teacher training program by establishing a unique course in Ashtanga and Hatha yoga, drawing from the strengths and beauty of each. When combined with Hatha yoga’s emphasis on good alignment, the energetic but contemplative nature of Ashtanga is a winning combination. The curriculum not only helps you to improve your asana practice, but it also provides you with an introduction to yoga philosophy, meditation, and pranayama techniques.
The day begins at 7 a.m.
on the carousel (with dinner).
You will get the opportunity to practice meditation on Golden Island as part of the package, which also includes a sightseeing trip of Varkala.
In the fee is included full board vegetarian yogic meals served six days a week in accordance with Ayurvedic principles. In terms of distance from the yoga facility, Trivandrum International Airport is the most convenient (TRV).
24 Day 200-Hour Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in Goa
- Price: from US$1,390 for 23 nights
- Based on double occupancy. From January 2022, the product will be available. Goa is the location. All levels of instruction are available. Yoga Alliance certification is required.
This 200-hour teacher training course takes place on Agonda Beach in Goa, and it is surrounded by the sea and a lush green jungle. You’ll get the opportunity to immerse yourself in yoga practice while also learning how to integrate and assimilate the yogic concepts into your daily life and while teaching others. Private rooms, shared double rooms, and private double rooms are all available for students to stay at the school. All of the rooms are equipped with the bare necessities. The use of air conditioning is available at an extra expense.
- The course will also cover Vinyasa Yoga and Vinyasa Flow.
- and concludes at 10 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- All students receive a t-shirt, a yoga bag, and a new yoga mat as part of their enrollment.
- Please book your ticket to Goa International Airport as soon as possible (GOI).
25 Day Self-Love 300-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- Price: from US$1,799 for 24 nights, depending on the season. Dates of availability: January to September 2022. Rishikesh is the location. Intermediate to advanced level of instruction
- Yoga Alliance certification is required.
In order to deepen your connection with yourself while learning about the roots of yoga, this teacher training course in Rishikesh can be the perfect option for you. Ultimately, the purpose of this program is to instill feelings of self-worth, acceptance, and confidence in you so that you may work and live as a pleasant and healthy yoga instructor. You’ll be staying at the Gyan Yog Breath Ashramin, which is located in Tapovan, a peaceful neighborhood of Rishikesh. You can choose between private and communal rooms depending on your needs.
- The ashram is equipped with a roof terrace as well as two yoga halls, both of which provide a view of the mountains.
- and concludes at 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- You’ll also get some teaching experience.
- The plan includes three vegetarian meals each day (even on your days off), as well as unlimited water, tea, and coffee throughout the day.
- Make sure you book a flight to Jolly Grant Airport as soon as possible (DED).
60 Day 500-Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- From US$2,999 for 59 nights, depending on the season. From January through October 2022, the property will be available. Rishikesh is the location. All levels of instruction are available. Yoga Alliance certification is required.
Interested in becoming a yoga instructor? Do you have two months to spare? Designed to aid you in traveling the path of yoga, this 500-hour program is one of the most effective methods to gain a comprehensive grasp of the practice while also earning your yoga teacher certification. This teacher training is appropriate for those with varying degrees of expertise, and it will assist you in identifying your dominant style. However, once you’ve finished with it, you’ll be an outstanding instructor in your field.
- Free access to a 50-hour online preparation course will also be provided to you as part of the package.
- You have the option of choosing between private and shared accommodations.
- It is in close proximity to stores, cafés, restaurants, ATMs, and other amenities.
- Your day begins at 5:30 a.m.
- You’ll participate in daily yoga classes, pranayama sessions, and meditation sessions, as well as seminars on topics like as anatomy, philosophy, and other related topics.
- Your free day every Sunday will be spent participating in excursions that are included in the package price.
- During the afternoons of every Thursday, you will have the option of taking the study sessions to a variety of locations, such as neighboring ashrams or temples, gardens, or the beach.
- Students may also get herbal tea, water, and detox juices from the vending machine.
- The cost of transportation to and from the ashram is included in the fee.
- It is possible to transfer funds in this situation, however there is an extra cost.
- Please note that all prices are current at the time of publishing and cannot be guaranteed.
They are subject to modification at any time without notice. Are you unable to travel? With an online yoga teacher training course, you may complete your yoga teacher training in the convenience and safety of your own home.
132 Handpicked Yoga Teacher Training in India 2022
The place of origin. This is where it all began. This is the place where yoga started. Every aspect of India’s strange, yet adored experience is included in this description: the continual honking and screaming, dust, and automobiles speeding very next to your face. It is essential that you visit to this land at least once in your life if you have a strong connection to yoga. You must witness the vastness of the Himalayan range for yourself. You must be aware of the extent to which yoga and spirituality have been woven into the very fabric of the culture in order to really appreciate it.
- It will unveil the concept of yoga to you in a way that no other experience has ever done before.
- Discover the many facets of yoga’s teachings and all that it entails throughout this immersive experience.
- Improve the quality of your yoga meditation practice.
- In a t eacher training program in India, you will be surrounded by others who share your values.
- You may find classes that specialize in vinyasa flow, classical hatha yoga, ashtanga yoga, or any yoga style you’re interested in if you want a more concentrated training experience.
- When it comes to teaching yoga, you will be totally equipped with both the yoga knowledge and the efficient teaching tactics if you follow this approach.
- In addition, you will really like India.
- It will be similar to a yoga school for the rest of one’s life.
If you choose to go to India, you should be prepared to face some physical hurdles along the route. Most Westerners’ stomachs aren’t acclimated to the Indian bugs and might have a bit of a difficult time dealing with them at first. Not to add that the cleanliness is not up to the standards that most people are accustomed to. Your body will be pushed to its very limits, but isn’t that just how life is sometimes, after all? India is India, in all of its glory and ignominy. One of the most important things it teaches is the need of surrender.
There is no other country where spirituality has been researched to such a depth as India has done. Their culture has remained relatively stable for many centuries as a result of centuries of protection against invasion, which was mostly owing to their hilly topography and the presence of seas on each side. It was because of this steadiness that they were able to delve to the very depths of human potential and emerge with strategies for unlocking that potential. The yogic system is comprised of a variety of methods.
See how their work changed culture into a natural force of liberty as a result of their efforts Everything from the way they sit to the way they eat, communicate, and approach water is different.
Imagine finishing your sun salutations while looking out over the Himalayas, or doing pranayama while inhaling in the fresh mountain air.
In fact, it will go above and beyond anything you could ever anticipate to encounter in even the most uplifting teacher training program available. Because everything in India is a spiritual experience, even food. It is a spot that every yogi should visit at least once.
Rishikesh, Goa, and Pune are the three most popular locations for retreats to be hosted. Each has their own own personality and set of characteristics.
Become a Certified Yoga Instructor in Rishikesh
Rishikesh, located in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand at the foothills of the Himalayas, is unsurpassed for its pure, crisp spiritual environment. The sacred Ganga (Ganges River) runs right through Rishikesh, bringing with it the blessings of the Hindu gods.
Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) in Goa
Goa is located on the southwest coast of India and has a more tropical climate. On or near the shore, there are several retreats that take place every year. Pune is likewise in the Southwest, although it is located more in the centre of the country, rather than right on the shore, as is Mumbai.
Both yes and no. Yes, it is safe to go across India, as evidenced by the large number of women who do so each year. However, if you aren’t well-prepared, it is not entirely risk-free. Obtain a great deal of input from other tourists after you arrive so that you can form a genuine picture of the safety risks in the areas you intend to visit. Be hypervigilant and follow your instincts at all times. Avoid putting yourself in questionable circumstances, and always keep your belongings safe. Females in general should avoid being out alone in the evenings after a certain time.
Basically, always be prepared for the worst case scenario, and you will be better able to defend yourself from the majority of the dangers that present in India.
What is the visa process for India?
If you are coming to India for fewer than 60 days, you may quickly apply for an e-visa on the Indian government’s website. Make sure to do this at least four days ahead of time. This alleviates a significant amount of the stress associated with the nightmare of visa bureaucracy.
What should I absolutely not do while visiting India?
As is true in many places, it is generally helpful to do some preliminary study on the culture before traveling there. When attempting to make your way across unfamiliar territory, this may be extremely useful information to have. What may appear to be perfectly appropriate to you at home (hey, cute cut-offs!) may, in reality, pose a major threat to your safety in other parts of the world. Oh, and if this is your first overseas vacation, stay away from the street food vendors. Although it is delicious, it has the unfortunate effect of ruining some travelers’ holidays (because, you know, bathroom issues).
Top 10 Yoga Certification Courses in India
If you want to complete your YTT training in India, look no further. However, if you’re interested in exploring other parts of the globe, have a look at our yoga teacher training courses, which are held all over the world.
1.7 Day 50 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh, India
This Yoga TTC is appropriate for students of all skill levels, including beginners and intermediates. This teacher training program is a multi-style curriculum designed for novices who have a basic understanding of yoga. After completing the course, students will receive a certificate from Yoga Vidya Mandiram School indicating that they have successfully completed the 50-hour yoga training program requirements.
This 50-hour yoga teacher training will be led by a team of qualified yoga instructors and seasoned meditation leaders who are well-known in the community.
2.100 Hr Meditation Teacher Training (MTTC), Dharamsala, Himalayas
Learn to be a professional meditation instructor in the Himalayan mountains, surrounded by the stunning sight of snow-capped peaks. You should take this course if you are a 200- or 300-hour certified yoga teacher who wants to enhance their knowledge and provide more value to their students’ and clients’ lives. As a “Continuing Education Program,” this course is intended for yoga instructors who have completed the 200/300 hour certification requirements and are recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
3.21 Day 200 Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India
In this teacher training program, we will give beginners and seasoned yoga students a solid technical and theoretical foundation in the practice and philosophy of yoga. This will allow them to do the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Primary Series with precision and proper alignment. Upon completion of the course, potential instructors will be entirely self-sufficient and prepared to lead their own yoga courses to the best possible standards.
4.24 Day 200 Hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga TTC in Rishikesh, India
Searching for a yoga teacher training course that will assist you in your studies while also allowing you to appreciate the beauty of yoga? It is certain that our courses will have a positive influence on your yoga practice and teaching. For those seeking to enhance their present teaching skills with in-depth and specialized knowledge, as well as those seeking to become yoga teachers, this teacher training program will give a solid basis for self-discovery and awareness.
5.59 Day 500-Hr Intensive Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Everyone interested in expanding their knowledge of the different parts of yoga and meditation via our 500-hour “Intensive Yoga Teacher Training” course is welcome to enroll. This course is designed to prepare students to become proficient yoga instructors. Those who wish to excel in the art and practice of yoga in order to improve their physical, mental, and emotional well-being can enroll in our comprehensive and exhaustive course, which we have established. This course is also appropriate for people who wish to focus on their spiritual ascent as part of their studies.
6.22 Day 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
This 200-hour YTT program is meant to guide you through the path of yoga, and it is a gratifying approach to get a more refined understanding of the practice of yoga. It’s the ideal training for you if you want to establish the basis for a career as a motivating yoga instructor.
7.28 Day 200 Hour Traditional Hatha-Vinyasa Yoga TTC, Goa
We offer a 200-hour teacher training course that is a foundational training program for aspiring teachers who are seeking their first level certification or who have completed other certifications and are looking to build upon their existing foundations or who are simply looking to deepen their knowledge and practice.
8.21 Day 200 Hour Yoga Teacher TrainingAyurveda in India
You may learn all you need to know to advance your own yoga practice, become an internationally recognized yoga instructor, or just study ancient yogic philosophy, food, lifestyle, and divine healing therapies at this location.
Let your inner light shine brightly as you learn from one-of-a-kind instructional sources. Individual assistance is provided during our teacher training program so that each participant may become prepared to share his or her expertise with other yogis all over the world.
9.50hr Online/250hr Onsite Sharabh YogKriya System TTC, India
Sharabh Yog is a method of Yoga and Kriya that has been passed down through our family history for thousands of years. It is a traditional and sophisticated form of Indian Yoga that is both authentic and progressive. When instructors actively participate in this teacher training course, they may expect to have their nadis and chakra system cleaned on an extremely deep level, allowing them to truly communicate the teachings to others from their own embodiment of the practice.
10.8 Day 50 HourYinLove – Yin Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India
Yin Is the New Yang! Yogic practitioners have paid close attention to the practice of Yin Yoga in recent years, maybe because our “yang” dominated lifestyles are calling for more balance. Stress has a negative influence on both our physical and mental health. While we wish to be at peace and appreciate the current moment, we are compelled to continue since we don’t know any other option. When practicing Yin Yoga Therapy, you will be given the opportunity to make space to simply be, to revitalize the body and mind, to cleanse the mind, to open the heart, and to allow for energy healing to take place.