Catch a Yoga + Surfing Retreat
Subscribe to Outside+ now to get unique access to all of our content, including sequences, instructor tips, video lessons, and much more. By lunchtime, the sun is pounding down on the peaceful Mexican beach town of Sayulita, which is a popular destination for honeymooners and families. As the surf instructor and our party paddle out to the point where the waves begin to break, I’m delighted to be surrounded by the refreshing waters of the Pacific Ocean. When I look out over the vastness of the ocean, I experience an adrenaline-charged mixture of confidence and terror.
Then he starts yelling, “Paddle, paddle!” “It’s time to go!” To my surprise, I am able to get myself into a standing posture.
I’ve come here to devote some time to my yoga practice as well as to learn how to surf, which is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time but had never gotten around to.
On our seven-day trip, we will take daily surfing lessons with Preciado and spend a significant amount of time on our yoga mats.
- But first and foremost, one of our first lessons will teach us how to strike a balance between effort and surrender.
- We’ve been informed that this strategy would not work for surfing.
- I am, on the other hand, overjoyed to be back on the beach.
- We are a group of five yogis who are waiting for their time in the water, and I sprint back into the water, ready to do it all over again.
Reading the Waves
Preciado informs us that he will no longer be pushing us into the waves at the start of the second day of sessions, effective immediately. As a result, we’ll have to wait in the water where the waves are cresting until we see a single structure approaching the beach. He instructs us to direct the board at the shore and then paddle as quickly as possible. The importance of timing cannot be overemphasized: If we start paddling too soon, we’ll exhaust ourselves before we can build the speed we’ll need to get ahead of the break.
- When the moment is right, we’ll press up from the board and, if everything goes well, we’ll be able to maintain our equilibrium as we fly toward the shore.
- Each time I attempt to get back on the board, the board merely sinks, leaving me despondent as I watch the wave continue to roll on.
- Patience.” Despite the fact that I’m combining two of my favorite things in the world—yoga and the ocean—in the most lovely of settings, I’m not enjoying myself.
- Back on the beach, I take in the vastness of the ocean and reflect on its capacity to shift smoothly from absolutely serene to violently stormy in a matter of seconds.
Nothing I could do would compare to how broad and strong it is, and how much greater than any effort I could possibly make. After all, why not succumb to that force and allow myself to be dragged along with it?
I glance out at the ocean during one of the beautiful breakfasts of fresh fruit, huevos rancheros, black beans, and freshly squeezed juice and am struck by how quiet and serene everything appears. A small outdoor studio built on a slope above the ocean serves as the setting for our morning yoga session. Ashtanga teacher Troy Lucero from Seattle takes us through a sequence of Sun Salutations, standing postures, and a slew of Chaturanga Dandasanas (Chicken Breathing Pose) (Four-Limbed Staff Poses).
- Nonetheless, as I progress through the exercise, I begin to question if my desire, my want to establish myself, may be a hindrance as much as a blessing.
- In the afternoon, I go back to the ocean to take a surfing lesson with a friend.
- Palm palms blow in the breeze, waves smashing against rocky cliffs in the distance, and sunshine shimmering on the beautiful water are all things I see while I sit here.
- After a while, I notice a little wave beginning to arc out in the distance.
- My board is lifted up by the waves, and I surf toward the sandy shoreline.
- I’ll have discovered the willingness to yield to quiet periods, relaxation, yoga, and whatever action-packed events that lie ahead.
Get Out There
What is the point of going? Application of your asana practice, particularly balance and core strength, as well as components of yoga philosophy (such as surrender, patience, and humility) to a thrilling activity that promotes peace and connection with nature Tips: Many yoga and surfing retreats are held in tropical places, such as Bali, Mexico, and Australia, to mention a few, where participants may take advantage of the warm weather all year.
Even if your retreat has a full agenda, you may wish to extend your stay a few days so that you may interact with the residents and explore the surrounding towns or wilderness regions.
Yoga and Surfing Retreat
Yoga and surf retreats at Via Yoga are available all year.
It includes seven days and six nights at Villa Amor, an open-air coastal villa in Sayulita, Mexico, as well as two yoga sessions and surfing lessons daily, breakfasts and three group meals, a day excursion to the adjacent town of Punta Mita, a massage, and transportation to and from the airport.
More Around the World
All year, Via Yoga offers yoga and surfing retreats. It includes seven days and six nights at Villa Amor, an open-air coastal villa in Sayulita, Mexico, as well as two yoga sessions and surfing lessons daily, breakfasts and three group meals, a day excursion to the adjacent resort of Punta Mita, a massage, and transportation to and from the airport.
The Top 9 Best Yoga Retreats Mexico 2022
Are you interested in attending a yoga retreat in Mexico in 2022? You are in luck since Mexico has a plethora of reasonably priced yoga retreats to choose from. From luxury yoga retreats in a yoga resort in Mexico to rustic beach yoga retreats that include surfing and scuba diving for the more daring yogis, there is something for everyone.
Best Yoga Retreats in Mexico
In this blog article, I’ve hand-picked my favorite cheap yoga retreats in Mexico, which are located in four of my favorite regions of the country. All of the retreats come highly recommended, and you can reserve a spot at one of them by visiting Book Yoga Retreats. When deciding whether to participate in a yoga retreat or yoga teacher training, it’s a good idea to read this beforehand, and if you’re looking for packing tips, check out this yoga packing list! If you require a travel yoga mat for your Mexico retreat, please contact us.
Not sure if you should go on a yoga retreat in Mexico?
Join me on one of my Mexico yoga retreats!
With much anticipation, I’m pleased to announce that, beginning in April 2022, I will be giving a large number of yoga retreats throughout the coming year (2022). So some of them will be led by me personally, while others will be led by some amazing yoga and health practitioners that I know and like. All of this is coming from the enchanted Lake Chapala. These aren’t your typical yoga retreats, though; I’ve infused them with a touch of luxury to make them truly special. All-inclusive (including food and luxurious accommodations) and I’ve prepared some fairly life-affirming rituals as part of each retreat, which will be held in a beautiful setting.
Click here to find out more and to make a reservation with a $99 USD deposit.
- Hotel accommodations in a 4 star boutique property overlooking Lake Chapala for four nights
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 4 dinners are included. In between lessons, you may have tea, coffee, fresh fruit, and juices. Throughout the journey, you will be transported by private shuttle or cab
- Massage for 60 minutes
- A total of six open-level yoga-meditation courses, a cacao ceremony, a sound healing ceremony, and daily personal growth workshops
Price starts at $995. The number of nights is five. Yoga Styles Include: Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, and Restorative Yoga Lake Chapala is the location.
My Top Rated Mexico Yoga Retreat
One Breath of Yoga in Puerto Morelos takes the top place on my list of favorite yoga studios. If you’re not familiar with the area, it’s located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen and is a smaller, more tranquil version of Playa del Carmen itself. The ashram is located outside of town in the middle of the forest, and it is really beautiful. I have not personally stayed there, but I have come to participate in Plant Medicine and I am familiar with the yoga instructors that run the retreats (they are wonderful).
Vegan and raw food diets are provided (as is access to weekly temazcals (Mayan sweat lodges), and in addition to your daily yoga practice, you can choose to participate in a range of Plant Medicines with a local shaman, which are not included in the price (who I also know personally and highly recommend).
This is, of course, completely optional. You can find out more about their 7-day yoga retreats here, or if you’re interested in completing your yoga teacher training in Mexico, they also offer a YTT 200 in Ashtanga Vinyasa, which you can find out more about by visiting their website.
Private Yoga Retreat In Mexico
Personalized and private yoga retreats on the lovely island of Cozumel are available through my close friend Maria’s Mexico yoga retreat company, Quiet Transformation, which she founded. Throughout the year, she also provides small (and COVID-friendly) group getaways for individuals. What I appreciate about the getaways that Maria offers is that they may be totally customized to meet your specific goals and requirements. If you want to combine your yoga retreat with scuba diving on one of the world’s largest reefs, you’ve come to the right place.
If you want to truly indulge yourself, she can arrange a spa retreat for you.
Furthermore, it should be noted that Maria is an expert in treating with chronic pain (particularly migraines, back pain, and other symptoms), and many of her retreats are devoted to assisting individuals to alleviate these symptoms.
Maria will be in touch with you as soon as she can after receiving your submission.
Tulum Mexico Yoga Retreats
There is no shortage of yoga retreats in Tulum, Mexico, believe it or not! You only have to go a few meters down the beach road to see advertisements promoting yoga courses and getaways. Tulum and yoga are inextricably linked. Please note that because Tulum is such a well-known reputation as a beach yoga retreat destination, you must exercise caution in order to avoid overpaying. It is important to note that accommodations in this area can range from a simple tent on the beach to luxurious 5* resorts, so do your research before making a decision.
Because the majority of them are flexible retreats, you can arrive on any day of the week and spend your free time exploring the surrounding region in between yoga Tulum courses.
6 Days Revitalizing Personal Yoga Retreat in Tulum, Mexico
Absolutely no shortage of yoga retreats in Tulum, Mexico – no joke! When you go down the beach road, you will notice advertisements promoting yoga courses and retreats every few meters! Tulum and yoga are inextricably linked to each other. Please note that because Tulum has such a well-known reputation as a beach yoga retreat destination, you must exercise caution in order to avoid overpaying. It is important to note that accommodations in this area can range from a simple tent on the beach to luxurious 5* facilities, so do your research before making a reservation.
For further ideas, you may browse through all of my Tulum blogs.
- Yoga classes on a daily basis
- Yoga mats and props
- Accommodation in a stunning loft apartment
- Meals included. Basic or raw meals may be prepared in the kitchenette, which includes a coffee maker and a blender. Exploring on a bicycle
- Tours for scuba, free diving, and snorkeling are available at a 15% discount. Wi-Fi
- Water that has been purified (so remember to bring your water bottle)
- Coffee and tea are available. Keep some continental breakfast goods in your refrigerator (granola, fruit, yogurt or almond milk, honey) to welcome guests. Linens and beach towels are provided. Safe
- The provision of a cleaning service State and local taxes (16 percent IVA and 3 percent lodging)
- State and local income taxes
- Shampoo and body wash with honey
Beach Yoga Vacations Mexico
Do you wish to spend your vacation practicing yoga on the sands of Mexico’s Caribbean coast? One of these beach yoga retreats may be the best option for you! While Tulum is a popular surf and yoga destination in Mexico, Puerto Escondido offers a more authentic (and affordable) experience. Additionally, unlike the Riviera Maya, there is excellent surf in this location. One of the most popular beach destinations in Mexico is Puerto Vallarta, which is located on the country’s pacific coast. However, living here is considerably less rustic and much more in line with locations like Playa del Carmen and Cancun.
8or15 DaysYoga and Surf Camp in Puerto Escondido, Mexico
8 DaysPrice starts at:$333 The number of nights is eight. Hawaii Yoga Style: Hatha YogaSurfingLocation:Puerto Escondido Yoga Style: Hatha YogaSurfing Price from: $603 for 15 days The total number of nights is 14. Yoga Style: Hatha YogaSurfing Yoga Style: Hatha Yoga Port of entry: Puerto Escondido Yoga in Mexico while also learning a new talent is what this surfing and yoga camp in Mexico is all about for you. Although it appears to be more of a surf camp Mexico than a serious yoga retreat, it appears to be a lot of fun and offers excellent value for money.
- It is also a fairly safe place, particularly for female travelers traveling alone.
- They will be able to accommodate you at their surf camp, no matter what your level of ability is.
- to 7:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- The workshops are Hatha-based and geared for beginners as a method to supplement your surfing training on the beach.
- Photo session, 5 surf lessons, 3 yoga sessions, 7 nights’ accomodation, and airport transportation are all included.
The following activities are included in the 15-day beach yoga retreat:
- Photo shoot, 10 surf lessons, 6 yoga sessions, 14 nights’ accomodation, and airport transportation are all included.
8 Day Luxury Yoga Retreat in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
10 surf lessons; 6 yoga classes; 14 nights’ accomodation; and airport transportation are all included.
- 2 yoga lessons every day taught by qualified instructors
- 3 everyday meals made by a chef that are nutritious and delightful
- 1 snorkeling guided trip to Los Arcos
- 1 trek to spectacular waterfalls
- 1 snorkeling guided adventure to Los Arcos 1-day Seva – guided community service – is required. Transportation to and from all events, as well as escorting
- The use of your villa’s private pool as well as the community’s shared pool are included. Accommodation for seven nights
Excursions that are included:
- Excursions are included:
In Mexico, Puerto Vallarta is one of the most popular beach getaways, and it’s not hard to understand why. The location is ideal for relaxing and unwinding because it is close to the forest but also has a view of the pacific ocean. This health resort in Mexico is the ideal getaway, where you can take part in two daily yoga lessons while taking in the views of the mountains and bay. Take advantage of the opportunity to indulge in one of your gourmet meals, go for a walk on the beach, or simply rest by the pool while you are not practicing yoga.
Here, rather of being housed in the usual way at a yoga retreat center in Mexico, you will be accommodated in an open-concept jungle villa surrounded by thick foliage, giving the impression of being in a luxury treehouse.
What to wear on your mexico yoga retreat
Price starts at:$975 The number of nights is five. Yoga Styles: Hatha, Vinyasa, and Power Yoga Puerto Vallarta is the location. Despite the fact that all of the yoga holidays in Mexico on our list would be excellent for single female travelers, this one is particularly designed for women who want to escape to Mexico and reconnect with their bodies, minds, and spirits during their vacation. While staying at the yoga resort in Mexico, the Single Yogini retreat was created to provide an opportunity to meet other health and yoga enthusiasts who share a similar interest.
You will receive two yoga lessons each day in addition to three excellent daily meals, as well as a guided jungle hike and an asurfor stand-up paddleboard lesson.
The yoga retreat facility is located in an area named Xinalani, which is about 12 miles south of the Puerto Vallarta International Airport and is only accessible by boat.
On the picturesque beach of Xinalani, a retreat facility in Mexico, nutritious gourmet-style meals consisting of fresh fish, shellfish, and on occasion chicken are served.
- A free jungle tour in the Into the Wild park
- 1-daily complimentary margarita (or an equal in value)
- 1-hour surf or stand-up paddleboard lesson
- 1-hour spa treatment 1 deep tissue massage of 90 minutes duration (or an equivalent in value)
- 2 complementary surfboard or stand-up paddleboard sessions (2 hours per day)
- 2 gratis surf lessons
- 1 yoga class per day is recommended. 5 nights’ accommodation
- Every day, a delicious breakfast, lunch, and supper are served, as well as freshly prepared non-alcoholic drinks. The use of a shuttle service (round-trip from PVR Airport to PVR Airport)
8 Days Restore and Refresh Yoga Retreat in Troncones, Mexico
Price starts at:$1755 The number of nights is seven. Vinyasa, Restorative, and Ashtanga are the different types of yoga. Location:Troncones This RestoreRefresh health resort in Mexico is a one-of-a-kind vacation experience. The phrase “off the beaten road” is used about a lot, but with this retreat, you will get precisely what you are looking for! Troncones is a little beach community in Mexico that most people have never even heard of, located in the shadow of the Sierra Madre Mountains. Troncones is an undeveloped coastal village that most people have never even heard of.
What is included in this health retreat in Mexico is the following:
- A daily morning meditation session
- Unlimited yoga classes
- Two massages
- One adventure tour
- One wellness counseling session
- And seven nights’ stay at their yoga resort in Mexico Breakfast and supper in a fine restaurant
Massage treatments, a wellness consultation, as well as breakfast and supper, are included in the Present Moments Luxury Yoga Retreat package. If you have any dietary restrictions, you must inform them in advance because the meals will include meat and fish.
Spiritual Retreat Mexico
Price starts at:$209 The number of nights is two. Hatha Yoga is a kind of yoga that was developed in India. Port of entry: Puerto Escondido This brief health retreat in Mexico is ideal if you want to take some time to pause, breathe, unwind, and reflect on your life. In this retreat, we will focus on resetting and providing you with the gift of space and time to not only pamper yourself, but also to expand your awareness. It is possible to finish this short retreat with only a few hours of yoga instruction in the Hatha style.
What is included is as follows:
- From $209, it is possible to purchase 2 nights are required. Hatha Yoga is a type of yoga that is practiced in a seated position. Puerto Escondido is the location of the event. You will benefit from this brief wellness retreat in Mexico if you want to take a break from your busy schedule to relax, unwind, and ponder. This retreat is all about resetting and providing you with the gift of space and time to not only pamper yourself, but also to expand your awareness while on your journey. Suitable for total novices, this short retreat includes Hatha-style yoga lessons as part of the program. Taking a pit stop to participate in this Mexico spiritual retreat could be a perfect fit with your travel plans if you are currently traveling in Mexico or are planning a trip to Oaxenatchen taking a pit stop to participate in this Mexico spiritual retreat could be the perfect fit with your travel plans. This package has the following features and benefits:
Mexico Entry Requirements
It is vital to understand that in order to enter Mexico, you will be required to complete some form of documentation. The majority of visitors will simply require the FMM tourist card to enter Mexico, while others may be required to obtain an avisa (Internal Link). Depending on your nationality, this may or may not be true. It is simple to apply for the tourist card on the internet at Natvisa.com, which also gives useful information about entrance limitations due to the epidemic.
Pin Me For Later
In a Nutshell Chris2022-01-17T22:42:17+00:00 Isn’t it wonderful to remember a time when the sun was shining, the sky was clear, and you could spend the entire day at the beach with your friends? Have you ever wished you could go back and redo something? You can do so now. Las Olas, the world’s first and foremost surf holiday for women, has proved how friendship and confidence can flourish when combined with fun, relaxation, and a sense of discovery shared by all. Since 1997, it has been our sincere objective to encourage people to spend time playing.
- If you have any questions, please let us know and we will do our best to address them.
- As a result, we’ve evolved a more holistic approach to surfing, which includes understanding our personal objectives, concerns, and relationship with the water.
- We understand that every woman is at a different stage in her desire to learn something new.
- Our visitors are over the age of 18, and so are our surf instructors.
- Las Olas is situated in one of Mexico’s most picturesque little towns.
- A short stroll from your villa along the beach will take you to the town center, which is surrounded by hundreds of cafés and a slew of stores.
- From Roberto, the coconut vendor across the corner, to the free-range children playing soccer in La Plaza, you’ll be made to feel welcome the moment you step foot on the island.
- The flow of the pueblo will settle over you like waves in the ocean, and you’ll wonder why life isn’t always like this.
Your day begins and finishes with a deep exhale that is both relaxing and rejuvenating. Breathing, stretching, and relaxing are the most effective warm-up and cool-down techniques. Our morning session, which is set to a natural soundtrack of calling waves, will get you ready for a day of surfing ahead of you. It’s the ideal method to de-stress and unwind after a stressful day.
Afternoon yoga is geared at restorative and relaxing practices. Classes are tailored to your specific goals, allowing our yogini to modify movements to match your specific needs. Bring your yoga gear with you. We supply yoga mats, water bottles, and plenty of namaste to all of our participants.
Would you want to start your day with a refreshing fruit smoothie? Every morning, they are available for purchase during breakfast. As a supper option, how about locally caught mahi-mahi with seasonal veggies served over a bed of garlic mashed potatoes? That’s only one of the alternatives available to you. Don’t you think it would go well with an achilledpinot grigio, a craft beer, or your favorite cocktail? Of course, we’re strong, independent women.
Surf instruction at Las Olas stretch beyond the confines of the surfbreak. Our It’s Your Wave session, which is an uplifting, surf-centric class that focuses on the cerebral side of riding waves, is another way we encourage positive reinforcement. It is our belief that maintaining a tranquil mind, along with a good dose of encouragement, not only aids in overcoming problems, but also frees us to focus on our work, progress, surf better, and do anything with more confidence. The guided mediation, visualization, and journaling will be followed by recommendations for keeping sharp and optimistic while in the lineup and beyond the line up.
It’s not an issue.
On every street corner.
We’ve taken care of everything.
A rejuvenating massage during your holiday in Las Olas is a must if you want to get the most out of your trip. It’s crucial for loosening and relieving tight muscles, increasing circulation, and allowing your problems to float away into the distance during your massage. The therapists at Las Olas are fully in sync with our surfing girls, since they have been treating us for many years. It’s entirely up to you whether you want Swedish, deep tissue, or sports massage. Most major cities in the United States and Canada are within driving distance to Las Olas, which offers warm water women’s surf vacations.
Direct flights to Puerto Vallarta International Airport are available from a variety of cities, including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, Atlanta, Calgary, and Toronto, among others.
Whoever said, “Half the pleasure is in the travel,” was missing out on a lot of waves.
Ground transportation to and from the Puerto Vallarta International AirportFive nights of seaside accommodationsDaily surf lessons with expert, caring female instructors, including a focused surf lesson with your instructorMorning and evening yoga sessionsTherapeutic sports or relaxation massageUnlimited use of La Casita, Las Olas’ famous clubhouse complete with surfboards, shower, and bathroom, all just steps from the beachQuality surfboards ranging from soft foamies to custom shaped pro boards Only for guests and personnel of the Las Olas resort.
Located only feet from the surf break and downtown attractions.
The majority of the villas are perched just above the beach, providing spectacular views down to the surfbreak and out to the horizon. The most difficult decision you will have to make is whether to spend your afternoon on the beach or on your patio.
Despite the fact that each villa at Las Olas is unique, they all have the following standard elements in common: Views of the ocean or gardens Entrance to the beach is through a stairwell. Walking distance to the Las Olas clubhouse, cafés, shops, and the beach The pool and yoga terrace are available 24 hours a day. Restaurant and bar on the beach with a full bar A kitchen or a kitchenette is a small cooking area. a whole bathroom Bath and body products made from organic ingredients The use of air conditioning Standard in the United States and Canada Voltage: 110 volts Wi-Fi is provided for free.
- The front desk personnel is there to assist you.
- The difference in pricing is determined by the type of villa you choose.
- Your villa selections are separated into two major groups to begin with.
- This relates to the configuration of your bedrooms and/or villa.
- Others prefer to be alone in their bedroom or villa, for whatever reason.
- The second thing to think about is whether you’d want a one- or two-bedroom apartment.
- Request a two-bedroom suite if you’re okay with sharing a common space, or if you’re coming with a group of friends who want to stay in the same place.
The majority of villas are available in three different categories: Premium, Deluxe, and Standard.
To view descriptions, choose PREMIUM, DELUXE, or STANDARD from the drop-down menu.
There has a maximum capacity of four people.
Villas with ocean views are more expensive.
Two bedrooms with two twin beds are available in the shared premium villa, however each room can be leased as a private room with one king bed if desired.
The one-bedroom villa is ideal for a couple or a single traveler looking for peace.
There has a maximum capacity of four people.
Perfect if you prefer an indoor living area or if you want to keep your doors closed at night.
The shared deluxe villa has two bedrooms with two twin beds, but each room may be rented as a private room with one king bed if desired.
Each bedroom has its own bathroom and is completely private.
are concerned about the number of steps leading up to their room take pleasure in sharing the shared space choose a villa with a gated entrance The standard villas are equipped with a kitchenette, a king-sized bed, and a huge bathroom.
a desire for seclusion at a reduced cost After more than two decades of experience, we’ve refined your Las Olas surf holiday to provide the most convenient itinerary for modern ladies.
Do you require transportation to the airport?
Furthermore, because you’ll be traveling in the opposite direction of departing visitors, you’ll have more flight alternatives.
Besides that, you’ll have a few days to figure out how to explain your mid-winter tan before the next day’s meeting.
This winter, you have an option between wet snow and warm sand.
Get out of the snow and come join us in the sunshine.
Arrive on Sunday and leave on Friday. Surfing in the early spring will warm your bones and get you ready for summer. Arrive on Sunday and leave on Friday. The greatest hidden secret is that we still have excellent waves in June! Arrive on Sunday and leave on Friday.
Every fall, we assist newly hatched sea turtles in learning to paddle. Arrive on Sunday and leave on Friday. In the same way that there are only so many waves that can roll in, there is only so much room at Las Olas. We recommend that you contact us first to ensure that we are available before committing to a timetable and booking your flight. A Las Olas surf safari booklet will be kindly mailed to you if you prefer written information (or if you just want to look at more beautiful photographs) about the trip.
Over the years, the media has written a number of positive stories about Las Olas Boulevard.
The excitement of introducing ladies to surfing has always brought us great joy. Over the years, we’ve witnessed the joy and change that occurs each time one of our visitors catches their first wave. Was it ever brought to your attention that we also provide safaris for surfers looking to take their surfing to the next level? Mas Olas offers more waves, and it’s a tailored program for returning and expert surfers alike. Designed by veteran surf coach Amanda to meet the needs of women who want more time in the water and want more challenging waves to ride, Mas Olas allows you to advance on your surfing journey by providing:Small groups led by your experienced Mas Olas surf guidesSurf sessions based on daily wave checks and the best conditionsFull use of Las Olas’ quiver of performance surfboardsLas Olas photographer tags along to capture the perfect rideFor more information on Mas Olas, please visit their For more than two decades, we’ve been collecting tales about women and surf culture that speak to our hearts.
- Enter your email address and hit the LAS OLAS STORIES button below.We’ll send you the next post as soon as it’s published.
- If you use Gmail or Yahoo!
- If you do not receive an email from us, please contact us.
- Since 1997, Las Olas has developed to provide a better experience for all of our visitors.
- We reserve the right to make modifications along the way, so if there is something in our program that is essential to you, please do not hesitate to inquire about any current specifics or revisions.
Segovia circa 1997
Bev Sanders, the creator of Las Olas, has worked in the action sports industry for more than three decades, beginning as a ski instructor at the age of sixteen. She co-founded Avalanche Snowboards in 1982, and her company had a significant effect on the growth of the new sport and the development of women’s boarding equipment.
Then, at the age of 44, she discovered how to surf. She founded Las Olas in 1997 with the assistance of a small group of pioneering surfer ladies and a handful of excellent guys, continuing her aim to introduce women to empowerment via sports and recreation.
Unless otherwise noted, photos by Camilla Fuchs for Las Olas
Greetings and thank you for taking an interest in Las Olas Surfing for Women. If you’re looking for quick answers, check out ourFAQ. For more assistance, please contact us by phone at 831-625-5748, by email at [email protected], or by filling out the form below with your questions and concerns. We will respond to you as soon as possible. It must be done immediately! a link to the page’s load
6 Best Yoga Retreats in Mexico That You Can Book Online
Greetings and thanks for your interest in Las Olas Surfing for Women. Look through ourFAQ if you’re looking for rapid responses. We may be reached at 831-625-5748, by email at [email protected] by filling out the form below. If you still can’t find what you’re searching for, please contact us. Now is the time to move quickly. a link to the page load
1.6 Days Yoga Retreat in Tulum, Mexico for 15,839 MXN ($817)
This Tulum yoga vacation has received the highest number of positive reviews of any retreat in Mexico! There are presently 77 5-star ratings for it. Tulum is so expensive that even having such an amazing loft for five nights at this pricing is a bargain! Despite the fact that food is not included, 19 percent in state and local taxes are. In terms of cuisine, it’s sort of excellent in that it will encourage you to get out and explore more so that you can sample some of the greatest stuff Tulum has to offer.
For an extra price, you may employ them for services such as airport transfers and sightseeing trips.
Check out the reviews for this Tulum hideaway and make a reservation here.
2.10 Day Meditation and Yoga Retreat in Mazunte, Mexico for 7,905 MXN ($408).
Mazunte, Mexico is a hidden gem, a little beach hamlet about an hour’s drive from the more well-known Puerto Escondido that is a haven for travelers. In addition to yoga, this retreat is about “discovering the meaning of the cosmos,” discovering oneself, spirituality, and learning about the cultural customs of Bali. Because the emphasis is not just on yoga, but also on meditation, I believe this would be an excellent choice for someone who is open-minded and searching for a different sort of experience.
- to 9 p.m.
- Genders are segregated, there is no chatting, no books, no mobile phones, and there is no smoking, narcotics, or alcohol, just as there is in Vipassana.
- There will be no other options available for these meals, which are purely vegan!
- Read previous reviews of this meditation and yoga retreat.
3.6 Day Yoga and Surf Camp in Puerto Escondido, Mexico for 4,909 MXN ($254).
Puerto Escondido has a reputation for being the coolest surfing place in Mexico, and it also has some of the biggest swells in the world, according to some. With the emphasis shared between surfing during the day and calming yoga in the evenings, this yoga retreat is more of a combination than a traditional retreat. During the months of May and June, when the waves are particularly big, they will transport you to another beach with lower waves suitable for novices.
At this pricing, you can get 5 two-hour surf lessons, lodging, and yoga sessions all for the price of one! Please keep in mind that meals are not included. Read more about this yoga and surf retreat and secure your spot here.
4.4 Day Detox to Retox Yoga Retreat in Mexico City for 3,247 MXN ($168).
I know a lot of people want to travel to Mexico for a beach retreat, but this retreat has almost 60 5-star ratings, is quite reasonable, and Mexico City has a lot to offer in terms of activities to make this a well-rounded holiday. With only the hotel and meals included, you’ve already saved a significant amount of money, but you’ll also receive your yoga lessons and a daily wellness class as part of your package. The fact that you can’t drink or party here doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t. It means that you should learn to live in balance.
This is for you if you require assistance with your balance.
5.7 Day Women’s Only Yoga and Surf Camp in Sayulita, Mexico for 32,760 MXN ($1,700)
Although this course with Alana is more costly than the one described above in Puerto Escondido, it has received rave ratings and appears to be more individualized. It also has a greater emphasis on yoga, with courses offered in the mornings and nights that include vinyasa and yin. They also provide elegant catered dinners as well as a large breakfast buffet. This is unquestionably a more upmarket establishment. I also appreciate the fact that it is a women’s retreat! The Hotelito Los Sueos, a prominent boutique hotel, will be providing the accommodations.
You’re going to adore this neighborhood.
- 6 nights’ accomodation (based on two people sharing a room)
- 6 full breakfasts and 4 catered meals are included. There will be four surf classes in small groups with a 4:1 student to teacher ratio. Arrangements for airport transportation to and from Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR)
- Yoga classes for relaxation in the evening
- Yoga classes for skill and strength development in the morning
- Upon arrival, guests will be greeted with refreshments and nibbles.
Read the complete reviews and make a reservation for this surf and yoga vacation.
6.Various Options with Copal Retreats, Tulum, Mexico Starting at 19,000 MXN ($987).
Copal retreats are available in Tulum and the Riviera Maya, with a variety of pricing alternatives. This is for persons who are really interested in yoga and have certain teachers in mind for their practice. You may navigate through their course lists to find the instructors that are teaching each course. Due to the fact that they will expire, I am unable to connect to them individually. Instead, they will have one instructor on April X and then another teacher on another date, so you may have a look for yourself and see what you think.
Pin these top-ranked best yoga retreats in Mexico for later:
Copal getaways are available in Tulum and the Riviera Maya, with a variety of pricing ranges to suit any budget. Yoga enthusiasts who have certain teachers in mind can benefit from this option. Their course lists may be seen by scrolling down to see the instructors teaching each course. Due to the fact that they will expire, I am unable to link to them individually. Instead, they will have one instructor on April X and then another teacher on another date, so you can have a look for yourself and see what I mean.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Copal retreats are available in Tulum and the Riviera Maya, with a range of costs. This is for those who are really interested in yoga and have certain teachers in mind for their studies. You may go through their course lists and check which instructors are teaching each course.
Due to the fact that they will expire, I am unable to link to them individually. Instead, they will have one instructor on April X and then another teacher on another date, so you can have a look yourself and see. Choose your teacher and course based on the reviews posted on this site.
There are four compelling reasons to pick Xinalani.
- You should select Xinalani for four reasons.
All of the amenities provide breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. Relax and rejuvenate in a luxurious beachfront resort. All of the yoga areas and amenities offer breathtaking views of the ocean, and the entire retreat brings you closer to nature without compromising on luxury or convenience. Xinalani offers a variety of retreat designs, all of which take use of the breathtaking surroundings. You’ll practice yoga in one of the four designated areas, each of which is fully equipped with props and a music system, and you’ll become fit while watching the whales swim by on the stairwells that run the length of the island.
- In addition to meeting new people at the beach club, you’ll be able to enjoy the creative dishes and freshly crafted beverages on the beach terrace.
- No matter whatever accommodation you choose, you will get a view of the ocean.
- Each one differs in terms of size, bedding options, location on the site, and the facilities it offers.
- You may be as active as you want with a variety of yoga programs, stand-up paddle boarding, thermal baths, and scuba diving.
- Spa facilities and services on the seaside can do wonders for your body and spirit when you want to treat yourself to a little pampering.
Mexico – Surf With Amigas
Currently, we are in our second season of offering retreats in the land of tacos, margaritas, and incredibly gorgeous waves on the Mexican side of the border. Dates may be seen on the schedule page. The Nayarit Coast has been home to our long-time surf and yoga instructor Carly Fox for a number of years, and she knows all of the best areas to surf and practice yoga. She’s thrilled to invite small groups of Amigas (maximum of 6 participants each week) to Mexico for a surf yoga vacation that’s been meticulously planned!
Cute waves for all levels
Our surfing will take us to a mix of calm, long right hand point breakers along with some beautiful lefts with rock reef bottoms to keep things interesting. Longboard-friendly waves, lengthy rides, and simple paddle outs in the channel are all to be expected! We will rotate our locations on a daily basis, depending on the number of people and the weather conditions.
San Pancho, Nayarit is home to an Eco Boutique Hotel, where we will be staying for a few days. Just a short walk away, guests will find themselves in the heart of the lovely town center, which is full with little shops and cafés. Relax in the pool between classes, or take in the sunset from the ocean view yoga platform on the beach. Ocean-view terraces and palapa roofs provide a comfortable and well-designed environment for the guests.
Using a fan and the coastal wind, you can stay cool. Arriving in Puerto VallartaBy plane, arrive in Puerto Vallarta. The retreat center is located about an hour north of San Pancho. More information about travel arrangements may be obtained by contacting Holly at [email protected] Pricing
- Shared room for two people costs $2500 each
- A private room is $2700
- An optional video coaching and photo package costs an additional $120 each week.
What Is Included in the Price
- What Is Included in the Package?
Present Moment Retreat, Mexico Beach Yoga, Hotel, Spa
Our unique beachfront boutique hotel and yoga retreat is located on a peaceful, calm beach in Troncones, Mexico, and offers a variety of activities. Enjoy health workshops, yoga by the sea, and morning meditation in this beautiful environment to rejuvenate your body and mind. Spawellness treatments might help you feel refreshed. Enjoy exquisite cuisine that is both healthy and delicious. Discover exciting local activities like as sunset horseback riding, environmental tours, hiking, kayaking, surf-yoga trips, and surf instruction while you’re here.
As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to unfold, we are doing everything we can to assure your travel safety and give you with the greatest amount of flexibility possible.
A View with a Room
In our eleven distinct palapa-style bungalows, each one was planned and built entirely by hand, utilizing traditional materials and techniques. Relaxation, the sound of the waves, and panoramic views of the sea are all available here. All of the accommodations are within walking distance of the pool, beach, and eating. Rooms
Our programs are designed to ensure that you get the most out of your time at Present Moment. With the help of our healing arts services, you may reclaim your life. With a thorough herbal cleansing, you might feel lighter. When you’re done playing hard with a customized Surf Package, relax with a traditional margarita by the swimming pool. Packages
More than a Vacation
Surfing, yoga, and meditation are some of my favorite activities. Kayaking, hiking, and happy hour are all available. We provide regular workshops as well as exciting excursions such as horseback riding on the beach and the release of wild sea turtles. Take part in this one-of-a-kind combination of activities and classes today! Activities
voted the number 1 hotel in playa troncones
Certificate of excellence for the years 2010-2020 From 2010 through 2020, the Traveler’s Choice Award will be given to ten consecutive 5-star years.
Make Time For You
Keep your focus on the now. Troncones Beach is located just 20 miles north of Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo and is only a 45-minute drive from the international airport, which is served by a number of international airlines, including Alaska Airlines, Continental, American, America West, Frontier Airlines, Mexicana, and Aeromexico. Although well connected, Troncones Beach is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city. As a result of its closeness to Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo, you have a wide range of shopping conveniences and recreational opportunities at your fingertips, all within walking distance of your world-class yoga retreat and resort.
We are very excited to have you as a part of our community!
Be Light Package
Cleanse and Renew your skin. Want to increase your energy, cleanse your body, reduce weight, or simply feel better? That’s why our “Be Light” package is perfect for you, since it can be customized to meet the needs of people with varying levels of cleaning experience, ranging from first-timers to those who have cleaned extensively. The “Be Light” cleanse is an all-inclusive program that includes herbal treatments, a large raw/vegan food, smoothies, wellness counseling, meditation, and yoga, to name a few highlights.
Eating well, moving right, breathing right, and being light are all important. See the Be Light Package for more information.
Everything is positive. In addition to a Wellness Consultation and Meditation, our “R R” package includes exquisite meals, a selection of workshops, calming massage services, and a professionally guided adventure tour. ensure that your vacation to Present Moment will be an unforgettable experience Read on to find out more