Need a Laugh? These Yoga Comedy Accounts Say What We’re All Thinking
Subscribe to Outside+ now to get unique access to all of our content, including sequences, instructor tips, video lessons, and much more. Even yogis need to laugh at themselves every now and again, as these yogi-comedians demonstrate. These short pieces of humor, in addition to making fun of traditional yoga clichés, address the ordinary occurrences that occur during yoga and meditation sessions, which may make you question if you’re being filmed for some sort of reality television program or hidden camera.
I’m sure we’ve all been there at some point.
Furthermore, many of these artists are yoga instructors themselves, so you can be confident that they have a wealth of unique information to work with (hopefully not at the expense of your time!).
5 yoga and meditation comedy accounts you need follow now
@jackworkmanyoga When you’re running late for yoga class. Original music composed by Jack Workman for the yogacomedy A smile will be on your face whether you’re a student or a teacher after watching one of Jack’s films. It’s all covered by Jack, from those carefree moments in class—such as when the teacher recalls your name and makes you feel like a million bucks—to that tough position that you may have somewhat underestimated your ability to perform (believe me, I’ve been there)—and everything in between.
Also see: Do You Need to Scream It Out?
At @yogi bryanmindfulness Meditation Self-Care Comedy fyp – Anna Bruni, a unique take on a classic. During a guided meditation session, do you ever find yourself thinking about your favorite snack, your least favorite movie, or the weight of certain animals? Don’t worry, you’re not alone in feeling this way. Twitter postings, TikToks, and Instagram Reels are some of the ways Yogi Bryan captures these experiences in his life. If you’ve ever found yourself thinking, “oh my gosh, when is this count going to end?” or having the urge to scream profanities during Chair Pose, you’ll find yourself nodding (and laughing) along with Bryan’s content.
CBC Comedy: Yoga 101 Series
In this episode of @yogi bryanmindfulness meditation selfcare comedy, Anna Bruni shares her thoughts on the topic of mindfulness meditation selfcare comedy. While participating in a guided meditation session, do you ever find yourself thinking about your favorite snack, your least favorite movie, or the weight of certain animals? Take heart: you are not alone in feeling this way. Twitter postings, TikToks, and Instagram Reels are all ways in which Yogi Bryan captures these experiences in his life.
If you’ve ever found yourself wondering, “oh my god, when is this count going to end?” or had the temptation to scream profanities during Chair Pose, you’ll find yourself nodding (and laughing) along with Bryan’s material.
LOL Network and Headspace—Meditate With Me
Have you ever wondered what the world’s most famous comedians are thinking about when they are in the middle of their meditation session? With the help of Headspace, the LOL Network has created a series of YouTube meditation videos that put a unique spin on what you might consider “traditional” meditations. You’ll hear the narrated inner thoughts of celebrities such as Hasan Minhaj, Tiffany Haddish, and Kevin Hart (to name a few) as they finish a Headspace meditation in these videos. It’s a cross between a stand-up comedy special and a morning meditation session, and it’s hilarious.
Jason Headley’s F*ck That
If you enjoy using profanity in your meditation, this is the one for you. Jason Headley’s films are a mixture of satire and meditation, and they work surprisingly well (according to the comments section). In other words, there are moments when you simply have to swear it out loud in your thoughts. Do you want to know more? Jason Headley has also released a book and an app, allowing you to be saying “f* percent k that” while reading along on your phone, computer, or in hardcover, depending on your preference.
Need a Laugh? These Yoga Comedy Accounts Say What We’re All Thinking
- Ali Finney2h – Well and Good In the middle of a meditation labyrinth and looking down at the sparkling white snow beneath me, I was on a winter retreat at the Miraval Resort in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Spirituality
- Well+Good transformed into Well+Good
24 ‘just because’ gifts for friends and family to help them feel less lonely in these strange Covid times
- Emily Hein1d writes for Business Insider. While the United States is not on lockdown as of February 2022, many individuals are still self-isolating or socially distancing themselves in order to reduce the hazards associated with either being unvaccinated or contracting the highly contagious Omicron variety that is spreading across the country. And, as we all know, having to miss weddings and birthdays may be difficult. Business Insider is a publication that covers a wide range of topics. COVID-19 has been turned into
Learn How to Start a Life Coach Side Hustle
- Entrepreneur10h It is said that in order to be a successful leader of people, you must first learn how to lead yourself effectively. That is great counsel for everybody, regardless of their industry. It is impossible to teach something if you are not confident in your understanding of it yourself. What can you do to assist someone in meeting expectations that you aren’t sure how to meet yourself. Cheryl Brown is a woman who works in the fashion industry. flipped into The Is Big Enough
- Flipped into
Got the blahs? Here are some timely cures for the wintertime blues
- Perri Ormont Blumberg1d is a writer for the New York Post. We are well aware that we should be meditating. We all know that we should get more exercise, practice yoga, and eat more fruits and vegetables. However, the stagnation and agony that we are all experiencing. The New York Post has been transformed into Living
So what’s this all about? Comedy and Yoga? Bizarre Combo!
After a decade in the grown-up business world, I recognized that I was devoting all of my time and resources to pursuing activities that did not bring me happiness. My improv team, creating jokes; exercising my body in yoga, and laughing with my laughter yoga club are some of my favorite activities. At first, these appeared to be completely unrelated hobbies, but one day while watching children play at recess, I discovered that this is exactly what I was attempting to achieve. I’m really looking forward to recess!
I’d want to see Recess for Grown-Ups!
I am driven by the desire to restore pleasure and childlike fulfillment to the lives of adults.
I am now a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader, which is an honor.
“An unparalleled amount of energy and enthusiasm to our national conference”
“The level of energy and passion that Jessica Brustad brought to our national conference was unmatched by anybody else. In addition to her tremendously insightful and original material, she has a fantastic speaking style that is honest, approachable, and accessible. Attendees left her talk with a sense of empowerment and a collection of wonderful team-building and leadership resources.
In and out of the spotlight, Jessica is a blazing star, and she engages an audience in a way that only a genuinely excellent speaker can!” Megan Nakanishi – Director of OperationsNakanishi Dental Laboratory, Inc. Megan Nakanishi – Director of Operations
“I can’t wait to take another class with her!”
A number of factors contribute to my positive opinion of Jessica and my belief that others would be interested in participating in a class with her. 1. She pays attention! She questioned me about the sort of experience I was hoping for and then tailored the class to meet my specific needs. 2. She’s the genuine deal! I honestly had no idea what I was getting myself into. Jessica didn’t let that deter her from providing me with an excellent experience. She didn’t make me feel ridiculous for not knowing where to put my feet or how to posture my body.
- She helped me to be completely at ease in my own skin, and I thank her for that.
- Jessica made certain that my experience was enjoyable.
- She is sincerely involved in making sure everyone has a positive experience, and whether that means changing your body, tailoring the session to match your specific requirements, or assisting you in digging deep within yourself, she is there for you all of the time.
- Triathlete and aspiring yoga practitioner
“THE absolute BEST Training and Inspiring presentation ever…”
“It was the best training and most inspiring presentation I’ve ever attended!” Every opportunity to visit her must be taken advantage of!” The International Palms Realty, Inc. is owned and operated by Julianna Antill Giordano, who serves as the broker and owner.
“She has an incredible ability to quickly bring a group together and she brings a joyous authenticity”
It’s been almost three years since Jessica and I first started laughing together, and I feel very honored every time I get to enjoy the feeling of laughter with her and everyone she teaches. She has a remarkable capacity to bring a group together in a short period of time, and she adds a joyful sincerity to the absurdity of many events in her life. With spontaneity, great laughter, and a willingness to treating life’s issues a bit less seriously, she has created a safe environment for us to behave like children once more.
After completing one of her workshops, I am filled with feelings of love, satisfaction, and connectedness with the world.
Yoga Student Having a Good Laugh Laughter Yoga Instructor
10+ Scientifically Proven Ways Laughter Can Relieve Stress
Stress may infiltrate our lives in a variety of ways. When it comes to juggling challenging studies with jobs and their personal life, graduate students in the health sciences face a particularly high level of stress. While stress is an unavoidable aspect of life, we want to reduce it to the extent that we can in order to have a positive outlook. In addition to helping to enhance your mood and immune system, laughter may also help you to cope with stressful situations.
We might all benefit from a bit more humor in our lives, whether it’s because of finals stress or job worry. Below are several research-backed ways that laughing may help you relax, as well as an infographic that contains 10 innovative methods to incorporate more laughter into your life.
Scientifically Proven Ways Laughter Can Relieve Stress
Researchers have discovered a plethora of health advantages associated with laughing. The benefits of a good laugh are numerous, ranging from strengthening your immune system to raising endorphins in your brain. Here are some scientifically established ways that a good laugh may help you manage stress and improve your physical and mental health.
Physical health benefits
- Laughing stimulates your organs because it allows you to take in more oxygen-rich air. This increases the activity of your lungs, heart, and muscles. Muscles are relaxed as a result of: You can feel stuck when you are stressed because your body tenses up and becomes tense. Physical stress in the body can be relieved by a hearty chuckle, which can also relax the muscles for up to 45 minutes. Improves heart health in the following ways: Laughing causes your heart rate to increase, as well as the amount of oxygen in your bloodstream. This has the potential to enhance vascular function and lower the risk of heart attack. Increases the effectiveness of the immune system: When you’re anxious, unpleasant thoughts can transform into chemical responses in your body that lower your resistance to illness. You adopt a positive mindset when you laugh, and this positive mindset can result in the release of infection-fighting antibodies as well as neuropeptides that aid in the fight against stress. Reduces high blood pressure: Laughter generates endorphins, which have been shown to offset the harmful effects of stress hormones, resulting in a reduction in blood pressure. Weight reduction is aided: One of the most prevalent adverse effects of prolonged stress is weight gain. While laughing might help to lower stress hormones, it can also help you lose weight since laughing burns calories.
Mental health benefits
- When you laugh, you take in more oxygen-rich air, which helps to stimulate your organs and muscles. This increases the activity of your lungs, heart, and muscles, among other things. Muscle relaxation is achieved through: You can feel stuck when you are stressed because your body tenses up and tightens up. Physical stress in the body can be relieved by a hearty chuckle, which can also relax the muscles for up to 45 minutes
- Cardiovascular health is improved because: Laughing causes your heart rate to increase as well as the amount of oxygen in your blood to increase. Increasing vascular function and decreasing the risk of heart attack are two benefits of doing so. Immune system is boosted as follows: As a result of being stressed, negative thoughts might lead to physiological processes that lower your immunity to illness. You adopt a happy perspective when you laugh, and this positive mindset can result in the release of infection-fighting antibodies as well as neuropeptides that aid in the reduction of stress. Blood pressure is reduced when a person exercises. Laughter releases endorphins, which have been shown to counteract the negative effects of stress hormones, resulting in a reduction in blood pressure
- Efforts to reduce weight: Weight gain is a common side effect of long-term stress. While laughing might help to lower stress hormones, it can also help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism.
10 Ways to Add More Laughter to Your Life
As a result of all of the seriousness that school and job bring, we often forget how crucial it is to take time to laugh with friends and family. In addition to organizing a game night or trying out a new activity like laughter yoga, the following 10 suggestions can help you bring more laughter into your life.
- As a result of all of the seriousness that school and job bring, we often forget how crucial it is to take time to laugh with our friends and family. In addition to organizing a game night or trying out a new activity like laughing yoga, the following 10 suggestions will help you to spread more laughter in your life.
Whether you’re worried about finals or overwhelmed by your present workload, making an effort to participate in some of the activities listed above and to laugh a bit will help alleviate some of your stress. Participating in some of these activities does not need much time on your part. Consider watching a hilarious YouTube video if you just have five minutes to spare. Think about inviting some friends over for a game night this week if you have a spare night during the week. Maintaining a positive attitude is critical for graduate students, regardless of how they choose to include more humor into their lives.
- Mayo Clinic is one of the sources.
- “This isn’t a joke.” The dates are July 29, 2021, and January 26, 2022.
- have collaborated on this project.
- The next update will be made on January 26, 2022.
120 Inspirational Quotes About Laughter
Here is a collection of my personal top 120 favorite quotes about laughing (see the links at the bottom of this page for more than 1,000 other quotations on laughter). Enjoy!
Laugh Quotes and Laughing Quotes
- Has one truly effective weapon, and that is, without a doubt, laughter. Persuasion, money, pleading, persecution, and all of the other means of lifting, pushing, and weakening can only be done by laughing. Nothing else can bring it down to rags and atoms in a single burst of laughter. The attack of laughing is so powerful that nothing can stand up to it. ― Mark Twain, “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” A good chuckle may help you get over a lot of things. ― Madeleine L’Engle, author of The Giver. One of the most beneficial things one can do is laugh. Unfortunately, good laughs are becoming increasingly difficult to come by. Herman Melville was a writer and poet who lived in the nineteenth century. A good chuckle is like having a ray of sunlight in the house. ― William Thackeray, in a short story. A grin is a curve that brings everything back into alignment. Phyllis Diller is a writer and actress. However, a good laugh comes from the soul and overflows, enveloping everyone in its wake. A smile begins on the lips, then goes to the eyes, then to the belly
- But a good laugh comes from the soul and overflows, then bubbles all about. An someone who is well-balanced is one who considers all sides of an issue to be hilarious. — Carolyn Birmingham — Herbert Procknow
- Nothing can withstand the attack of laughing when it comes at you from every direction. Always remember to laugh while you can. — Mark Twain It is a low-cost medication. There is no common denominator among people that I like or admire, but among those whom I love, there is one thing that they all have in common: they all make me laugh. — Lord Byron — W. H. Auden
- An optimist laughs to forget
- A pessimist forgets to laugh. An optimist laughs to forget
- A pessimist forgets to forget. Also, maintain your sense of humour. — Tom Nansbury It does not imply that you must make light of the situation. When you’re my age, if you’re stuck for something to do, take off your clothes and stroll in front of a mirror for a few minutes. I guarantee that you’ll have a good chuckle. Linkletter, by artist Art Linkletter
- And we should regard every day that passes without us having danced at least once to be a wasted day. Furthermore, every fact that is not accompanied by at least one chuckle should be deemed false by the community. The German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche said: Laughter is as important to the spirit as soap is to the body. — According to a Jewish proverb
- As soon as you have a notion, you should laugh at yourself. — Lao Tsu, a Chinese philosopher The cosmos is thrown into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities when we are at the height of our laughing. Jean Houston is a writer who lives in Houston, Texas. The fact that I was diagnosed with cancer is perhaps the most unfunny thing in the world, but I’m a comic, and even disease couldn’t keep me from finding the humor in my ordeal. Gilda Radner is a well-known actress. The most important thing we can do for one another is to ignite the spark of life that exists inside us. This should be our ultimate goal in life. Kenny Ausubel is the author of this piece. Flowers are the laughter of the earth. Even the gods like a good joke, according to Ralph Waldo Emerson. — Plato
- Everyone is terrified of death, but true Sufis shrug it off since nothing can tyrannize their hearts. “Whatever impacts the oyster shell does not do damage to the pearl,” says the author. In the words of Mevlana Rumi, “Funny things may be found everywhere, from there to here, from here to there.” God has a smile on His face, according to Dr. Seuss. — Psalm 42:5
- God is a comedian who performs in front of an audience that is too scared to laugh at himself. Gritty concern, moroseness, and anxiety—all of this rust of existence needs to be scrubbed away by the oil of merriment. — Henry Louis Mencken God’s medicine is a good laugh. — Henry Ward Beecher, in a letter to a friend
More Quotes About Laughter
- He who has a cheerful disposition enjoys a never-ending feast. — Proverbs 15:15
- He who confines a delight to himself will be destroyed by the flying life
- But he who kisses the pleasure as it soars will be saved. Lives in the light of eternity’s dawn. – William Blake, in a letter to his son, William Blake. He who laughs is the one who lasts! ― Mary Pettibone Poole, author of the novel When it comes to religion, laughing is the precursor of faith, and prayer is the beginning of prayer. Reinhold Niebuhr was a Christian philosopher. Humor is defined as laughing at what you don’t have when you should have it. In the words of James Langston Hughes
- I recommend that you have a good laugh. (See also 8:15 in Ecclesiastes.) I’ve always believed that laughing in the face of reality is one of the most beautiful sounds there is, and that it will remain until the day when the game is canceled due to inclement weather or darkness. In this world, the best moment to laugh is whenever you get the chance. Linda Ellerbee is the author of this piece. I have never witnessed somebody die from laughter, but I know hundreds of thousands of people who are dying because they are not laughing. Dr. Madan Kataria is one such example. I would never have made it if I hadn’t been able to laugh at myself. It gave me a little reprieve from my horrifying predicament, just long enough to make it tolerable again. “I was inextricably married to laughing,” says Viktor Frankl. “The sound of laughter has always struck me as the most civilized music on the planet.” In the words of Peter Ustinov: “Today, I will take the high path
- I will keep my face toward the sun.” I’ll be thinking positive thoughts while I go about my business
- I’ll do what I believe is right. In the meanwhile, I’m going to search for flowers by the side of the road
- I’m going to laugh and love and be strong. As I progress through the day, I will make an effort to lessen the burden of another. In the event that laughter is unable to solve your issues, it will very certainly DISSOLVE your difficulties, allowing you to think clearly about what to do about them. Dr. Madan Kataria is one such example. In the event that you are happy and the individuals around you are not pleased, they will not allow you to maintain your state of happiness. As a result, a large part of our pleasure is dependent on our capacity to distribute happiness to others around us. Dr. Madan Kataria is one such example. If you remain silent after your laughter, one day you will hear God laughing with you, and you will hear the entire universe laughing with you – trees, stones, and stars all laughing with you. Osho is a Hindu mystic. Because if you don’t learn to laugh at your own misfortune, you will have nothing to laugh about when you are old. • Edgar Watson Howe, author Comedy cannot exist unless there is a tragic element to it. Crying and laughing are both expressions of the same feeling. If you laugh too hard, you’ll break down and cry. In the same way, vice versa. Instead of analyzing his ways of being silent, talking, weeping, or being moved by noble ideas, you’ll get better results by simply watching him laugh. — Sid Caesar
- If you want to see inside a human soul and get to know a man, don’t bother analyzing his ways of being silent, talking, weeping, or seeing how much he is moved by noble ideas
- You’ll get better results by simply watching him laugh. His laughter is an indication that he is an honorable man. All I profess to know is that laughing is the most accurate predictor of human nature, and nothing else. ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, author of The Brothers Karamazov. To avoid being laughed at, you should be the first person to laugh at yourself. – Benjamin Franklin
- It is detrimental to one’s health to hold back laughing. It returns to your lower back and spreads to your hips. — Fred Allen et al. It’s one thing to declare, “I have no fear of death,” but it’s another to laugh aloud in the face of that statement. It is a physical manifestation of our beliefs. —Rev. Laura Gentry and others Before anybody else can laugh at you, you have to laugh at yourself. The author, Elsa Maxwell It’s important to laugh, my buddy, because laughing sparks a fire in the pit of your stomach and wakes your being. —StellaBlake
- Laughter is a powerful tool for connecting with others. When you’re laughing so hard that you’re crying, it’s nearly impossible to maintain any type of distance or any sense of social hierarchical hierarchy. Laughter is a powerful tool for promoting democracy. — John Cleese, et al. Laughter does not have a strange tinge to it. In the words of Paul Lowney: Laughter is a type of internal jogging that might be beneficial. It shuffles your internal organs around in your body. It has a positive effect on breathing. It serves as a catalyst for high aspirations.” A remark by Norman Cousins
Even More Quotes About Laughing
- Laughter is a sense of proportion as well as the ability to view oneself from an outside perspective. A hand on the shoulder of a troubled world is God’s hand on the shoulder of a troubled world, says Zero Mostel In the words of Bettenell Huntznicker, “laughter is the corrective power that keeps us from turning into cranks.” In the words of Henri Bergson, “Laughter is the basis of all reconciliation.” • Laughter is the loaded latency provided by nature as part of our native equipment to break up the stalemates of our lives and urge us on to deeper and more complex forms of knowing. — St. Francis de Sales
- Laughter is the loaded latency provided by nature as part of our native equipment to break up the stalemates of our lives and urge us on to deeper and more complex forms of knowing. When two individuals laugh together, the gap between them is the shortest. — Jean Houston It is laughter that drives the cold away from the human face, according to Victor Borge. – Victor Hugo
- Laughter allows me to decompress. Take a deep breath, exhale, and repeat to yourself, ‘This too shall pass.’ ” — Odette Pollar
- Laughter opens up the air passages, and opening the air passages allows the spirit to be ventilated. — Unknown
- Laughter acts as a deterrent by obstructing communication. It may act similarly to a bulletproof vest in that it may help shield you from the ravages of bad emotions that might attack you while you are sick. To defeat the world, we should refrain from using bombs and firearms. – Norman Cousins Let us show love and care to one another. Smiling is the first step toward peace
- Smile five times a day at someone who you don’t really want to smile at all
- Do it for the sake of peace. So let us radiate peace.and eliminate all enmity and desire for power from the face of the earth and the hearts of all men everywhere. Mother Teresa, to name a few. Allow your heart to rejoice. In the words of Judges 19:6, “When people die, life does not stop to be amusing, any more than when people laugh, it does not cease to be serious.” George Bernard Shaw said it best: Life is a huge wide canvas on which you can splatter as much paint as you like. Danny Kaye is a famous actor. Live with a sense of purpose. Take a walk to the cliff’s brink. Continue to discover new things. Play with reckless abandon. Make a decision without second thoughts. Laugh! Do what you are passionate about. As though this is the only thing that exists. — Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey
- — Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey Joy is a burst of lightning that appears out of nowhere and shines brightly for only a brief instant in time. Cheerfulness keeps the sun shining in the mind, providing it with a steady and permanent sense of peace and tranquillity. ― Samuel Johnson, a.k.a. The majority of individuals would rather be certain that they are dissatisfied than take the chance of being happy. Robert Newton Anthony is credited with inventing the phrase. For whatever reason you’re feeling down, laughing will help you forget about it for a few moments. [redacted] Red Skelton
- The day on which one has not laughed is, without a doubt, the day that has been wasted the most. — Sebastien Roch &
- Co. An newborn chuckles about two hundred times a day on average, but an adult only laughs twelve times. It’s possible that they’re laughing so hard because they’re looking at us. Being able to maintain delight in the heart while being worried in thought: this is how we may judge good fortune and misfortune on earth, and how we can bring everything on earth to perfection. — I Ching
- Perhaps I am the most qualified to explain why it is only man who laughs
- He is the only one who suffers to such an extent that he was forced to develop laughter. — Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche Prepare for hilarity, since hilarity turns into a feast. — Shakespeare, William Shakespeare
- Remember this: to live a happy life, only a few things are required. — Marcus Aurelius, the Roman emperor Smiles are the kisses of the spirit. Minna is a fictional character created by a combination of a fictitious character and a fictional character. Thomas Antrim is a fictional character created by author Thomas Antrim. The flowers come out to play in the springtime and color the laughing dirt. Heber, Reginald (Roger)
What Is Your Favorite Quote About Laughter?
(Please respond to this question in the comments section below.)
- It is the art of medicine to entertain patients while nature takes care of the patient’s medical needs. — Voltaire
- The beauty of the universe has two edges
- One that brings joy, and another that brings sorrow, tearing the heart apart. ― Virginia Woolf
- The greatest method to lift your spirits is to strive to lift the spirits of others around you. According to Mark Twain, the funny and the sad are inextricably linked together, like light and shadow. [Source: Socrates]: The more grief you let to etch its way into your being, the more joy you can hold. ― Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet The most important prayer you could ever say is to laugh every day of your life. — Ramtha
- The happiness or misery of the rational, social animal is determined not by what he feels, but by what he does
- Similarly, his virtue or vice is determined not by what he feels, but by what he does. — Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
- Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
- The ability to laugh is one of the most powerful weapons available to the human species. One of the most wasted of all days is a day spent without laughing, according to Mark Twain. He finished by saying that such a laugh was money in a man’s pocket because it cut down on doctor’s bills like everything else. — E E Cummings
- The old man laughed loud and joyfully, shaking up the details of his anatomy from head to foot, and ended by saying that such a laugh was money in a man’s pocket because it cut down on doctor’s bills like everything else. From “Tom Sawyer” by Mark Twain
- The individual who is able to infuse a room with the spirit of laughing is truly blessed. ― Bennett Cerf
- A person who has a sense of humour is not only more calm in the face of a potentially stressful scenario, but he is also more adaptable in his attitude to the issue. In the words of John Morreall, “the idea is to recognize that THIS is IT — the immediate, everyday, and present experience — is IT, the full and ultimate reason for the creation of a cosmos.” The world’s pompous foolishness, which masquerades as serious business, would disintegrate in laughter, I believe, if this condition of consciousness could be made more widely available. Alan Watts is a philosopher and author who lives in the United Kingdom. The depth of a man’s comprehension may be accurately evaluated by the size of his grin. ― Samuel Johnson, a.k.a. The reality is that laughter always sounds better than sorrow because it is more natural. Laughter bursts forth in a ferocious riff that is effortlessly melodious. Weeping is frequently battled, choked, half-strangled, or humiliatingly submitted to in order to save face. — Anne Rice, from Taltos The wit makes fun of other people
- The satirist makes fun of the world
- And the humorist makes fun of himself, but in doing so, he identifies himself with people – that is, with people everywhere, not for the purpose of dismantling them, but simply revealing their true nature to the audience as a whole. Not enjoyment, but pain, tension, and suffering serve as the source of most people’s laughing. In the words of James Thurber, “The young man who has not grieved, and the elderly man who would not laugh, are savages, and the idiot.” — George Santayana
- Take a moment to appreciate all of the beauty that is still around you, and be joyful. — Anne Frank
- Those who do not know how to grieve with their full heart also do not know how to rejoice with their whole heart
- — Golda Meir
- In order to properly laugh, you must be able to accept and play with your suffering. – Charlie Chaplin
- When there is no sense of humour, life becomes difficult. Trouble approached the door, but when he heard laughter, he bolted from the scene. Benjamin Franklin was an American statesman and inventor. Truly genuine humor arises more from the heart than from the mind
- It is not a kind of scorn
- Rather, its core is one of love. Thomas Carlyle once said, “Twenty years from now, you’ll be more dissatisfied by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did.” As a result, throw off the shackles. Get away from the harbor’s protection. Take advantage of the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ― Mark Twain, “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” We’re all only passing through for a while. Get as many excellent laughs as you possibly can. A quote from Will Rogers Our happiness is not a result of our ability to laugh
- Rather, our happiness is a result of our ability to laugh. — William James, et al.
There is a link to 1,000+ Quotes About Laughter At The End Of This Article
- We can’t genuinely love someone if we don’t have any fun with them. — Agnes Repplier
- We gaze before and beyond, and yearn for what isn’t
- Our deepest joy is tinged with some sadness
- Our loveliest songs are those that tell of our darkest thoughts
- – Percy Shelley
- We ladies take ourselves and our relationships far too seriously. Laughter, not sadness, is what men desire when they are loved. So laugh, love, laugh, or you could find yourself in tears soon. Minna is a fictional character created by a combination of a fictitious character and a fictional character. Thomas Antrim is a fictional character created by author Thomas Antrim. The thing that makes us so amusing is that we take ourselves much too seriously in the first place. Reinhold Neibuhr was a German philosopher and theologian. When the sense of humour is lost, so is civilisation. It all started with the first baby’s laugh, which shattered into a thousand pieces and sent them all bouncing around the room, and there was the beginning of fairies, according to Erma Bombeck. And today, when a new baby is born, its first giggle is transformed into a fairy’s song. As a result, there should be a fairy for every boy and girl in the world. In the words of Sir James Matthew Barrie: “When we can begin to take our mistakes less seriously, it indicates that we have stopped being terrified of them.” It is quite important to learn to laugh at oneself in order to be happy. When you laugh, open your mouth wide enough to allow the noise to escape without squealing, throw your head back as if you were about to be shaved, hold on to your false hair with both hands, and then laugh until your soul is completely rested. — Katherine Mansfield — Josh Billings
- When you laugh, in addition to the endorphin surge, there is a spiritual opening that takes place as well. You’re not as self-conscious as you used to be. It is that openness that I have discovered to be a great gift in people’s ability to absorb spirituality. The Rabbi Sydney Mintz once said that when you laugh, you see a reflection of God. — Merrily Belgum et al. As soon as you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the stars above you. — The Buddha
- I believe that wit is the key to anyone’s heart because, after all, who doesn’t enjoy a good laugh? Julia Roberts is a well-known actress. Allow old wrinkles to appear with mirth and laughter. — Shakespeare, William Shakespeare
- With the terrifying pressure that is on me 24 hours a day, if I didn’t laugh, I would probably die. — President Abraham Lincoln Wrinkles should only serve to show the locations of previous smiles. ― Mark Twain, “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” You don’t stop laughing just because you’re getting older, either. You become old because you cease to laugh at inappropriate times. Michael Pritchard is a writer who lives in the United Kingdom. The day you have your first genuine belly laugh – at yourself — is the day you become an adult. Ethel Barrymore was a famous actress. Without play, your body will not be able to mend. Without humor, your mind will not be able to mend. Without joy, your spirit will not be able to mend. Catherine Rippenger Fenwick is the author of this piece. Your joy is the manifestation of your sadness. And the same reservoir from which your laughter erupts was also frequently brimming with tears at one point in time. ― Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
1000s More Laughter Quotes
If you enjoy a good chuckle, you will enjoy this how-to tutorial! What is your favorite form of laughter therapy?
Did you like these quotes about laughter? Which is your favorite? Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Sebastian Gendry is a French-American laughing and health specialist who has a strong interest in emotional literacy and has a passion for it. He is the originator of the laughing health approach and the founder of the Laughter Online University, which he founded in 2007. He has featured in more than 100 newspapers and journals, delivered two TEDx lectures, and appeared on prominent television shows such as the Oprah Winfrey Show, 60 Minutes, and ABC’s Good Morning America, among others. His life’s work is to make the world a more pleasant place.
a link to the page’s load
The Laughing Cure
8th of May, 2000 – Sherry Hilber, a seasoned television producer who worked on sitcoms such as Roseanne and Home Improvement, sat back and observed as studio audiences roared with laughter on a weekly basis. “I’d see them depart at the conclusion of the concert and thought to myself, ‘Perhaps something is going on within their bodies for the rest of the night.'” Hilber became interested and began researching the tiny amount of material available on the subject of humor’s effects on physical health.
Hilber launched Rx Laughter (a nonprofit effort committed to both treating the ill via laughter and promoting further scientific study on the issue) in order to put her comic skills to good use for a greater good.
In part because of her fund-raising efforts, researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) are preparing to begin investigating whether humorous movies might help people recover from traumatic events.
Sidestepping the Banana Peel
Using Rx Laughter, the UCLA/Rx Laughter researchers hope to avoid some of the stumbling blocks that have bedeviled earlier studies. For example, if humor is beneficial, is it the act of laughing out or the act of internal enjoyment that is most important? No one has any idea. The UCLA/Rx Laughter researchers will begin by watching movies Hilber assembled for 100 primary school students in order to establish what they consistently find amusing and entertaining. In the beginning, they will count how many times each child laughs and also question whether they felt the video was humorous, in order to see whether there is a connection.
- Eventually, the researchers hope to investigate whether or not comedy has an impact on how children perceive and respond to pain.
- For example, they may assess how quickly wounds heal following surgery or how quickly white blood cells return to normal levels after being depleted by chemotherapy.
- Margaret Stuber describes it, “you have to pass the so what?’ exam before you can move forward.” We may find it fascinating that we can alter salivary cortisol levels, but does this truly have any effect on anything that matters?
- Evidence from studies has shown that emotions like as rage, despair, and pessionima affect the immune response, lengthen surgical recovery and wound-healing durations, and even contribute to a greater risk of mortality.
- In the words of Steven Sultanoff, PhD, a clinical psychologist and the president of the American Association for Therapeutic Humor, “humor and painful emotion cannot coexist in the same psychic space.”
Cousins’ Comedy “Cure”
It was the 1979 memoir by late magazine editor Norman Cousins, Anatomy of an Illness, that first brought the possibility of a relationship between comedy and health to the attention of the general public. With the use of a program that included, among other therapies, laughing at Marx Brothers movies, Cousins was able to recover from a typically irreversible and severe connective tissue condition that had been afflicting him for years. Of course, Cousins’ achievement does not constitute proof in and of itself.
- Lee Berk, DrPH, a pathology professor at Loma Linda University in California, is one of several who has attempted it and has had success.
- However, because of the high expense and logistical difficulties associated with such precise blood analysis, those research were confined to small groups of five to ten persons.
- Even pain alleviation research has produced a tangled web of results: A research conducted in Israel and published in the November 1995 issue of the journal Pain had 20 participants who each saw a film that was either hilarious, unpleasant, or neutral in nature.
- Clearly, a sense of humour was beneficial (though repulsion actually increased pain tolerance most).
- However, even if it will be several years before the UCLA research provides its first medical jokes, it has already answered a major riddle: who will pay to discover whether laughing is, if not the finest medication, then at the very least an effective medicine?
- Hilber, on the other hand, turned to Comedy Central.
“If this study can prove in five years that humor is beneficial to your health, we will have a tremendous marketing opportunity,” says Tony Fox, president of Fox Networks Group. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Instead, tune on to Comedy Central!”
12 tips to tame stress
Are you feeling the effects of stress? Consider implementing some of these stress-relieving strategies. Staff at the Mayo Clinic Is stress causing you to become angry and frustrated? Stress relievers can aid in the restoration of quiet and tranquility to your otherwise chaotic living situation. Stress remedies do not necessitate a significant investment of time or thinking on your part. If your stress level is out of control and you want immediate relief, consider one of the suggestions below.
Stress-relieving physical activity can take the form of virtually any type of activity. Even if you are not a competitive athlete or are out of shape, exercise may be a beneficial stress reliever for you. Physical activity can increase the production of feel-good endorphins and other natural neuro chemicals in your brain, which can improve your overall sense of well-being. Exercise can also help you refocus your thoughts on your body’s activities, which can enhance your mood and help you forget about the stresses of the day.
Eat a healthy diet
Eating a nutritious diet is an important aspect of taking care of one’s physical and mental health. Make an effort to consume a variety of fruits and vegetables, as well as entire grains.
Avoid unhealthy habits
To cope with stress, some people turn to overindulging in caffeinated beverages or alcoholic beverages, smoking, overeating, or utilizing illicit narcotics. These practices might be detrimental to your health.
During meditation, you learn to concentrate your attention and calm the stream of muddled ideas that may be clogging your mind and leading you to feel stressed. A sense of quiet, tranquility, and balance may be instilled via meditation, which can be beneficial to both your mental well-being and your entire health. Meditating with a guide may be done anywhere and at any time, whether you’re taking a stroll outside, riding the bus to work, or standing in line at the doctor’s office. Guided meditation, guided imagery, visualization, and other kinds of meditation can be done at any time.
Even if you have to force a phony chuckle through your grumpiness, having a decent sense of humor may make you feel better in a variety of situations. When you laugh, it not only helps to relieve stress, but it also has a great effect on your physical health. When you laugh, your stress response is triggered and then calmed down. So go ahead and read some jokes, say some jokes, see a comedy, or just hang out with some of your hilarious buddies. Alternatively, you may try laughing yoga.
Connect with others
Even if you have to force a phony chuckle through your grumpiness, having a decent sense of humor may make you feel better in a number of situations. In addition to reducing your mental stress, laughing has been shown to have physiological benefits for the body.
When you laugh, your stress reaction is triggered, and then it cools down. So go ahead and read some jokes, tell some jokes, watch a comedy, or just hang out with some of your funny buddies. Alternatively, you could try laughing yoga.
You could want to accomplish it all, but you won’t be able to, at least not without incurring significant costs. Developing the ability to say no or being willing to delegate will assist you in managing your to-do list and stress levels. Saying yes may appear to be a simple solution for keeping the peace, avoiding confrontations, and getting the task done well. However, when your needs and those of your family come second, it may actually cause you internal turmoil, which can result in tension, anger, resentment, and even the urge to exact retribution.
Yoga, which consists of a sequence of postures and regulated breathing techniques, is a popular stress-relieving activity. Yoga is a combination of physical and mental disciplines that can assist you in achieving a state of calmness in both your body and mind. Practicing yoga may help you relax while also reducing tension and anxiety. Yoga can be practiced on your own or in a group setting; classes can be found in most towns. Because of its slower tempo and simpler motions, Hatha yoga, in particular, is an excellent stress reliever.
Get enough sleep
The stress of your life may make it difficult to fall asleep at night. Having too much to accomplish — and too much to think about — might interfere with your ability to sleep well. Sleep, on the other hand, is the period when your brain and body are recharged. In addition, the amount and quality of sleep you get might have an impact on your mood, energy level, focus, and general functioning, among other things. You should create a peaceful and relaxing night ritual, listen to calming music, put clocks away, and adhere to a steady schedule if you are experiencing sleep difficulties.
Keep a journal
Having difficulty falling asleep might be caused by stress. When you have a lot on your plate — and a lot on your mind — sleep may be a challenge. While sleeping, your brain and body are given the opportunity to recharge. The quality and quantity of sleep you get can also have an impact on your mood, energy level, focus, and overall functioning, as well as your overall functioning. You should create a peaceful and relaxing night ritual, listen to calming music, put clocks away, and adhere to a steady schedule if you are experiencing sleep problems.
Get musical and be creative
When you are stressed, listening to or playing music is a helpful stress reliever since it may give a mental diversion, reduce physical tension, and lower stress hormone production. Increase the volume of the music and let your thoughts to get absorbed by it. Consider taking up a new pastime if music isn’t your thing, such as gardening or sewing. Anything that causes you to concentrate on what you’re doing rather than thinking about what you should be doing would be beneficial.
You may require further support in the form of therapy or counseling if you are experiencing new stresses that are challenging your capacity to manage or if self-care practices are just not effective in alleviating your stress levels. Therapy may also be beneficial if you are feeling overwhelmed or confined, if you worry excessively, or if you are having difficulty carrying out daily routines or fulfilling duties at work, at home, or at school, among other things.
Professional counselors or therapists can assist you in identifying the roots of your stress and in developing new coping mechanisms to deal with it.
Get the latest health information from Mayo Clinic’s experts.
You may require further support in the form of therapy or counseling if you are experiencing new pressures that are challenging your capacity to manage or if self-care methods are not providing enough relief. Therapy may also be beneficial if you are feeling overwhelmed or confined, if you worry excessively, or if you are having difficulty carrying out daily routines or fulfilling duties at work, at home, or at school, among other reasons. Therapists or counselors who are trained in stress management can assist you in identifying causes of stress and learning new coping mechanisms.
- How stress may have a negative impact on your health. Affiliation of the American Psychological Association. Relaxation strategies for better health, accessed on February 28, 2019. Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health). Stress and your health (accessed on February 28, 2019)
- Department of Health and Human Services of the United States. 5 things you should know about stress, according to a recent article published on February 27, 2019. The National Institute of Mental Health is a federally funded research organization. Meditation: In-depth, accessed on February 28, 2019. Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health). Yoga: An In-Depth Look was accessed on February 28, 2019. Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health). Accessed on February 28, 2019
- Seaward, B.L., Essentials of Stress Management. JonesBartlett Publishers, Burlington, Massachusetts
- 4th ed., 2017.
See additional in-depth information
It is not the policy of Mayo Clinic to promote companies or goods. We rely on advertising money to sustain our non-profit work. AdvertisingSponsorship
100 Funny Quotes for When You Need a Good Laugh
You’ve probably heard the expression, “Laughter is the best medicine.” And there is a great deal of truth in that ancient saying. In times of stress, comedy may help to relieve tension and provide a tiny pocket of happiness among the chaos. If you’re having a rough day, or if someone you care about could use a little cheering up, humor can help. These amusing quotations give a variety of opportunities to make someone grin and lift their spirits while they’re feeling down in the dumps. (Even if that someone happens to be yourself!) We’ve got amusing quotations about love, marriage, aging, parenthood, and a slew of other themes that are universally applicable.
Betty White, Joan Rivers, Lucille Ball, and Phyllis Diller are just a few of the renowned comedians that have said something humorous.
So have a look at our list and save it to your computer so you may refer to it whenever you need a chuckle.
Take a look at these heartbreaking quotations for women as well as these inspirational quotes about life and love.
Funny Quotes About Life
Photograph courtesy of Woman’s Day/Getty Images 1st and foremost, “Because life is brief, make the most of it. Drive quickly and leave a lovely corpse in your wake. That is one of my personal mottos.” —Stanley Hudson, from the television show The Office 2. “There is no dawn that is so magnificent that it is worth waking me up in the middle of the night to view it.” Mindy Kaling is a well-known actress. 3. There is no such thing as a formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized “I always use wine when I’m cooking.
I even put it in my food from time to time.” —William C.
—Joan Rivers, n.d.
The use of a formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formalized formal “Don’t take yourself or your life too seriously.
- You’re not going to make it out of here alive.” Elbert Hubbard was the inspiration for this quote.
- “I try to stay away from temptation until I am unable to do so.” ‘Mae West’ is a fictional character created by author Mae West.
- 7 (insert a number here) “There are times when you lie in bed at night and you don’t have a single thing on your mind to worry about.
- —James Branch Cabell, a.k.a.
- Bill Watterson is a writer who lives in the United States.
- “You only live once, but if you live it well, once is enough.” If you live it right, once is enough.
- “If at first you don’t succeed, try again and again until you do.
- It’s pointless to act like a complete and utter fool about it.” W.C.
‘Twelve’ is a number that refers to the number of people who have died as a result of an accident or disease because of an accident or disease because of an accident or disease because they have died as a result of an accident or disease because they have died as a result of an accident or disease because they have died as a result of an accident or disease because they have died as a result of an accident or disease because they have died as a result of an accident or disease because they have died as “I adore the human race.
- It’s the people who irritate me!” Charles M.
- “I believe that when God created man, he slightly overestimated his abilities.” Oscar Wilde was a writer and poet who lived during the early twentieth century.
- “Which would I prefer: to be feared or to be loved?
- “The universe and human ignorance are the only two things that are limitless.
Death is a peaceful experience.
“When I was younger, I had a strong desire to become someone.
“A lot of maturing has to take place in my life.
“To be honest, all I want to do is relax on the beach and eat hot dogs.
“Whenever I’m ready to do something, I ask myself, “Would an idiot do that?” I’m not kidding.
“Never put off until tomorrow what you can accomplish the day after tomorrow just as well.” —Mark Twain, page 23. “I’m not insane — I’ve simply been in a pretty foul mood for the past 40 years,” says the author. —Ouiser Boudreaux, Steel Magnolias, et al.
Funny Quotes for Friends
Photograph courtesy of Woman’s Day/Getty Images 24. “Well, you know what they say: If you don’t have anything pleasant to say about someone, come sit beside me,” says the narrator. The author, Clairee Belcher, is the author of Steel Magnolias25. In the same way that you can’t know how powerful a tea bag is until you put it in boiling water, a lady is like that as well. • Eleanor Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States “A lot of people want to go with you in the limo, but what you really want is someone who will accompany you to the bus station if the limo breaks down,” says the driver.
- Fortunately, this is not a difficult task.” —Charlotte Whitton (28 years old).
- —Ernest Hemingway, at the age of 29.
- It is likely that your best buddy will be in the cell next to you, exclaiming, ‘Damn, that was entertaining.'” Groucho Marx31 is a fictional character created by author George Orwell in the novel 1984.
- And I am well aware that I am not a blonde.” Dolly Parton is credited with inventing the term “country music.” Photograph courtesy of Woman’s Day/Getty Images 32.
- “Crying is reserved for ordinary ladies.
- “It is estimated that one out of every four Americans suffers from some sort of mental disease, according to the latest figures.
- If they’re fine, then the problem is with you.” —Rita Mae Brown, author 35.
- They don’t, however, have a thorough understanding of me.” —Garry Shandling, author Photograph courtesy of Woman’s Day/Getty Images 36.
- For myself, I simply consume whatever is in the glass.” —Sophia Petrillo, from the film The Golden Girls 37.
- I just want something to eat.” —Pam Beesly, from the television show The Office 38.
- A mind-numbing, tedious, foolish, and self-destructive distraction from the pleasures of life is no longer available.” —Meryl Streep, “The Iron Lady” Photograph courtesy of Woman’s Day/Getty Images “Even I don’t wake up looking like Cindy Crawford,” says number 39.
Cindy Crawford is credited with inventing the phrase. 40. “Anyone who does their own hair is someone I don’t trust. I don’t think it’s natural in this situation.” Steel Magnolias’ Truvy Jones says:
Funny Quotes About Aging
Photograph courtesy of Woman’s Day/Getty Images 41. To stay young, it’s important to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age, as stated in the book “The Secret of Staying Young.” —Lucille Ball42, in her own words. Honey, time moves forward and ultimately you realize that it is marching across your face.” steel magnolias43 — Truvy Jones, Steel Magnolias43 “You’ll know you’ve entered middle age when your doctor, rather than the cops, advises you to slow down. —Joan Rivers, aged 44. “‘How do you maintain such a youthful appearance?’ people inquire.
“Keep these wise words in mind no matter how terrible things get: You’re old, you sag, get over it.” —Sophia Petrillo, from the film The Golden Girls 47.
—George Burns, aged 48 “Unless you’re a cheese, age isn’t a factor to be concerned about.” —Luis Buuel, aged 49.
The first is based on your memories, while the other two are a complete blank for me.” —Sir Norman Wisdom, in his own words
Funny Quotes About Marriage
Getty Images/Day Woman’s / 41. To stay young, it’s important to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age, as stated in the book “How To Stay Young.” The following is an excerpt from Lucille Ball42: Honey, time moves forward and ultimately you realize that it is marching across your face. “Truvy Jones, Steel Magnolias 43,” says Truvy Jones. “You know you’ve reached middle age when your doctor, rather than the police, advises you to slow down.” —Joan Rivers44, a writer and actress “‘How do you maintain such a youthful appearance?’ people ask.
- “Keep these wise words in mind no matter how terrible things get: You’re old, you sag, get over it.
- The sign of becoming old is when you kneel to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could be doing while you’re down there.” Theodore Roosevelt48.
- 49 years ago today, Luis Buuel was born in the Philippines.
- It’s the first one that comes to me, and the other two are a blur in my mind.” Sir Norman Wisdom is credited with coining the phrase.
Short Funny Quotes
Photograph courtesy of Woman’s Day/Getty Images 59. “The only thing worse than being spoken about is not being talked about,” says the philosopher David Hume. —Oscar Wilde, aged 60. It is true that the more years pass, the better you get. “Unless, of course, you’re a banana.” Betty White is credited with inventing the phrase. 61. “If you can’t be kind, at the very least be ambiguous,” says the author. —Judith Martin, age 62 “Anyone who tells you that money can’t buy happiness has never experienced it.” Samuel L.
- “Never pass up an opportunity to put your foot down.” Will Rogers66 is a pen name for Will Rogers.
- “As long as you stay inside the constraints of the legal system, you may do whatever you want.” Ellen DeGeneres is 68 years old.
- —Mark Twain, aged 69.
- The rest of the world owes you nothing.
- “My preferences are straightforward: I am readily satisfied by the finest.” Winston S.
“Everything I like to do is either unethical, unlawful, or fattening,” says the author. Woollcott, Alexander Woollcott73 It should be fired whoever established the high road and determined how high it should be. Sandra Bullock is credited with inventing the term “sandra bullock.”
Clever Quotes and Sayings
Getty Images/Day Woman’s / 59. When it comes to being spoken about, the only thing worse than talking about it is not talking about it. —Oscar Wilde, aged sixty-one It is true that as you grow older, you become better. If you’re a banana, you’re out of luck. Betty White is credited with inventing the term “invention.” 61. “If you can’t be nice, at the very least be ambiguous,” says the author of the novel. —Judith Martin62, in her own words: ” The saying goes, “Anyone who says money can’t buy happiness hasn’t experienced it.” —Samuel L.
- Bill Watterson is a writer who lives in the United Kingdom.
- “You aren’t that wonderful, so don’t be so humble about it.” 60 years ago, Golda Meir was a pioneer in the field of women’s rights.
- Will Rogers66 is a fictional character created by William Rogers.
- The name Jerry Lewis67 comes from the phrase “Jerry Lewis, 1967.” “Within the constraints of the legal system, do things that make you happy.” Emmy Award-winning actress Ellen DeGeneres, 68 Go to heaven for the weather, hell for the company, as they say.
- • Carrie Fisher, aged 70 It’s not appropriate to walk around saying that the world owes you a living.” You owe nothing to anyone or anything in this life.
- “It was here first.” 70th birthday of Mark Twain I have basic tastes: I am quickly satisfied with the finest of anything.
- Churchill72 was a British politician and statesman who was born in 1872.
- Sandra Bullock is credited with inventing the term “celebrity.”
Funny Quotes About Parenting
Photograph courtesy of Woman’s Day/Getty Images 80. “When my children grow wild and rowdy, I utilize a good, safe playpen to keep them contained. As soon as they’re finished, I’ll come out.” —Erma Bombeck, year 1981. “I want my children to have access to all of the things I couldn’t provide for them.” “After that, I’d like to move in with them.” —Phyllis Diller82, in her own words. When you clean your house while your children are still growing, it’s akin like cleaning your driveway before the snow stops falling.
1983 “Being a mother is a difficult task.
‘Adults are always questioning youngsters about what they want to be when they grow up because they are seeking for ideas,’ says the author.
1985 It has been said that “if you are not shouting at your children, you are not spending enough quality time with them.” • —Reese Witherspoon, age 86 As the saying goes, “There is no such thing as family entertainment.” —Jerry Seinfeld at the age of 87.
“Everyone is concerned about saving the environment. “No one wants to lend a hand with the dishes,” says the mother. —P.J. O’Rourke, Ph.D.
Funny Quotes About Work
88% of the population is above the age of eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty-eighty- “Everything I have is a result of this position. This dumb, fantastic, dull, and amazing work that I’m doing.” —Jim Halpert, from the television show The Office89. “It is in the workplace that one may experience life to the fullest, to the utmost extent possible. An workplace is a place where aspirations come true for everyone who works there.” • Michael Scott, The Office (90 minutes).
To appreciate your work, try to envision yourself in a situation where you don’t have one.
“Doing housework isn’t going to kill you, but why take the risk?” —Phyllis Diller93, in her own words.
Making the beds and washing the dishes is one thing, but after six months, you have to start all over again.” Joanne Rivers (94).
It piques my interest.
Jerome95 is a pen name for Jerome K.
The following is an example: “I am often late to the workplace, but I make up for it by leaving early.” Charles Lamb96 is a fictional character created by author Charles Lamb.
—Marcelene Cox97, in her own words.
It is impossible to have a million-dollar goal while maintaining a minimum-wage work ethic.
“Even if you’re on the proper track, if you simply sit there, you’ll get run over,” says the instructor.
Alesandra Dubin is a freelance writer based in New York City.
Her specialties include fashion and beauty, entertainment, home, parenthood, and viral content, among other things.
You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.